*Souloid body from here.
Her 'mech' body would have been perfect for the character. Alternatively, I could have worked with a full Souldoll Souloid girl too if I needed to. So for now, Kiri is just a floating head with a faint dream that she might be a "complete girl" one day. However, she still exists in my current story "Beyond Haven". For now, I will save my pennies in the hopes Souldoll will re-release this line and make my dream come true.
It was quiet when Naiya left her quarters and made her way to the core. The decision to separate Kiri left her feeling ill and unsettled. Surely her crime hadn’t warranted such a harsh punishment.
“M, are you there?” she called softly into the darkness. The platform in front of her flickered and came to life with a soft hiss. Hovering inches from the level of her eyes, the artificial entity looked out at her.
“I am here Mistress Naiya. Can you not sleep?”
“I’m troubled.” She confided. It was hard for her to think of M as simply data, manipulated and designed to interface with the Sa’ryn crew.
“What ails you Mistress?”
“Decisions that weigh heavy on my shoulders M. Can you access Kiri’s cell?”
“Affirmitive.”
“Is her transfer complete?”
“Almost. Master Jarlath is with her now. She will soon be conscious. “
“Thank you M.”
“It is my pleasure to serve.”
His image faded with an audible ‘pop’. Naiya turned away from the platform. Their conversation would be recorded and relayed to the High Commander as was the protocol. She was confident she had not said or done anything to invite suspicion from their leader. At least, not yet.
*******************************************
"Open your eyes." the voice commanded. She couldn't resist the authority in that command, nor did she want to. She was greeted with her obedience by the face of one she recognised. The name was there in her data banks.
"The Creator." it was easy to put the thoughts into words. The sound of her voice was familiar in the way a forgotten dream was familiar.
"What is your name?" the voice asked.
"Ki ... Ki-ri."
"Very good Kiri. Why are you here?"
"It is an honour to serve." her automated response flew effortlessly from the artifical lips.
This isn't right. The thought flickered into existence and vanished just as quickly. She paid it no mind. Her programming didn't include ghostly voices.
"Whom do you serve?"
She felt the mouth open. "I serve only the Sa'ryn."
"You have done well Jarlath." the new voice was female. It came from the shadowed doorway. Kiri sensed power from the newcomer. Her data banks streamed the information she needed for voice recognition.
"Greetings High Commander Moriath."
The newcomer stepped further into the room. Her eyes studied Kiri closely.
"Is she intact?"
"Just as you requested. She has been programmed for complete obedience."
The High Commander smiled. The expression made Kiri uncomfortable.
I will not fade. She was careful not to let the distraction of the voice register on her new artifical features.
"You've exceeded yourself Jarlath. Perhaps we can make use of our war prisoners after all."


This hybrid is a brilliant idea! And I know someone else would love the combo too. Juri plus souloid body just screams Gally from "Gunnm" to me.
ReplyDeleteIt's a pity they don't sell souloids anymore. I thought they weren't limited.
And as always, love the story! You truly are skilled. Every time I read any of your stories I don't even have to imagine the place and characters because I'm there.
I had to look up GunnM to see what you were talking about! The Souloids aren't limited, only a select few of them are. I'm thinking maybe they had problems casting the Souloid bits.
DeleteThank you for reading! I wish I had more time to write though. I don't seem to have a lot of that lately.
I really like the souloids too, they were really unique so I'm sorry to find they've stopped selling them.
ReplyDeleteThis was a really cool concept by the way, it reminds me of an anime I watched a long time ago called LAMB where criminals were put into these robotic suits and programmed to serve. I believe it's on Hulu.
There wasn't any announcement or notice from memory so I have no idea when that happened. I do remember reading something about the steel skin being difficult to cast but that was all.
DeleteThanks! I will have to check out that anime. Always looking for anime that is a bit different.