Snagged this meme from the ever unique Traveling Twig. The basics of the rules are that I answer the ten questions made by Twig and then present ten questions of my own for you lovely readers to answer. Of course, if you decide to answer the questions, leave me a link in the comments so I can trudge over to your corner of the cyberworld to have a read.
** Most of my answers will relate to the hobby I am currently in (BJD and Figma collecting).
1. What made you decide to start a blog?
I wanted a place where I could be as longwinded as I like about my dolls. I don't really have too many people to chatter about my plans/characters/stories/new releases to so it's nice to have a space for that.
2. What blogs are your inspiration? (please link to them!)
Now that question can have us here all day. Pretty much every blog I come across and regularly follow inspires me. I am always awed by how much fun the owners look like they are having and I love that they share that fun with us, the readers. They all inspire me to keep blogging and they remind me of the whole point not only of blogging but of my hobby is to enjoy it.
You can find the links for blogs I find particularly interesting on my Links Out page.
3. How do you decide what to post?
Because this blog is about predominately ball joint dolls, that's generally what I post about but sometimes, I want to give my love to my Figma collection as well. They may not be as impressive in terms of size but I still think they pack a punch.
I would like to post more on the things I make for my dolls but when it comes to craft, I really lack the confidence to share it with others.
4. What have you learned through blogging?
A lot. The most important lesson is to enjoy what you're doing and do it because you want to and not because you feel obligated to. And not to stress if I don't feel like posting for a few days. Inspiration is a fickle mistress and it hits when it hits.
5. What is the most aggravating part of blogging?
Feeling like I am talking to myself; although technically I do that anyway so it shouldn't really feel any different doing that online! In all seriousness though, when blogspot throws up errors when I try to post takes the cake on being most aggravating, especially when the post was long and the service didn't automatically save it. So in summary, the technical issues of blogging.
6. What is the most rewarding part of blogging?
Meeting new people and discovering new blogs. Also when people leave feedback/comments. That always surprises me as I often forget that people do read my blog even if it's just one or two.
7. If you had infinite money to spend on your blog, what would you do?
That's easy. A kickass template/layout design. Whilst the default ones are not bad and some of the freebies around the net aren't bad either, it'd be nice to have someone design a layout specific to my blog.
8. Do you prefer blogs that tell a story or that share random posts?
I actually enjoy any sort of blog really. I do like a mix of things. I like to read about what the owner is up to as well as their plans for their dolls or other side projects they might have.
9.
What is the coolest feature you've ever seen on a blog (like Friday
Favorites here... or weekly polls about topics, or anything that is a
recurring feature)
Jointed Love's Macro Mondays. I could be biased though because I really like macro photography and am trying to save up for a macro lens. Those posts inspire and drive me to own one someday.
10. What is your favorite thing to read about on a blog?
I do enjoy reading about the characters behind the dolls and their backstories.
Now the questions for you ...
1. Do you blog and why?
2. How did you come up with your blog name?
3. Do you design your own layouts or do you prefer premades/defaults? Why?
4. Do you advertise your blog at many places?
5. Are you the type of blogger who likes to have different blogs for different subjects?
6. What is more important to you; blog popularity (lots of hits/high blog view stats/number of followers, or readers who interact with you?
7. Do you ever feel disheartened by your blog and why?
8. Have you ever deleted a blog? Why/Why not?
9. Do you reply to comments made on your blog? Why/Why not?
10. How much time a week on average do you spend either blogging or reading blogs?

I'm going to respond to your questions right here XD
ReplyDeleteBut first... you shouldn't be afraid to share your creations! I'd love to see them!!! Also, YES!! Jointed Love's Macro Mondays are AWESOME... she makes me want a Macro lens too -_-;;
She also makes me want to try to repaint Monster High again... which is a bad idea, LOL.
On to the questions!
1. Do you blog and why?
Yes... I blog... I blog too much... and I save blog names by making new blogs... just because. I'm terrible!
Ahem, anywho, I blog because, like you, I wanted someplace to pour out my dolly talk where I wasn't dumping all the info on people who didn't care.
I also like cataloging things, and blogs are easy ways for me to keep track of what I'm up to. LOL.
2. How did you come up with your blog name?
The Traveling Twig... I wanted a traveling doll... and it just sounded like a cute name XD
The Majokko Shop... the first line of Neemos I bought was the Majokko series, so I had the idea that the girls would set up a Magic shop... I should really play that up more. LOL
3. Do you design your own layouts or do you prefer premades/defaults? Why?
I've just been using the default layouts, because I haven't had time to really research building one of my own. I do make all my own headers though... I like fancy headers, LOL!
4. Do you advertise your blog at many places?
Sort of? I exchange links whenever I can (btw, I added your link to both of my blog's sidebars!) and I usually sign comments I make with my blog addy... but that's more because I appreciate when people do that for me, so I can see folks who comment and easily check out their blogs in return XD
5. Are you the type of blogger who likes to have different blogs for different subjects?
YES! I have a Barbie/Fashion Doll blog, an anime style doll blog, a book blog, a rambling blog, a few blogs that have nothing in them just because I wanted to save the names... yeah... I separate -_-;;
6. What is more important to you; blog popularity (lots of hits/high blog view stats/number of followers, or readers who interact with you?
Readers who interact. Honestly, whenever I go out and promote my blog, I'm just hoping to hook someone who is going to like what I'm doing and comment every once in a while. I really do appreciate the time people take to read my stuff... because let's face it, sometimes it's downright silly. XD
7. Do you ever feel disheartened by your blog and why?
I used to... I used to look at other blogs and think, "Why don't I have that level of interaction?"... but the truth of the matter is, those blogs that I admire most put in a LOT of time and effort, or are run by folks with a very specific talent... and they deserve the attention. I haven't really committed on that level, I just don't have the time. Sometimes I post lovely pics... sometimes I post crappy phone pics. Alas! LOL!
8. Have you ever deleted a blog? Why/Why not?
Yes... as mentioned, I save blogs just to save the name, so I had saved a million variants of one name and realized that was dumb, and deleted a few, LOL.
9. Do you reply to comments made on your blog? Why/Why not?
I try to! Sometimes I'm pretty late about it -_-
If people take the time to comment on my blog, I want them to know I'm reading them! All of them!! Also, if someone asks a specific question I absolutely want to answer it for them if I can. It always makes me sad when I ask a question on a blog and it goes ignored.
10. How much time a week on average do you spend either blogging or reading blogs?
Heh heh heh... can I plead the 5th? XD
A lot. It's something I love doing and think about all the time. :)
Of course, I also spend a lot of time doing things that I think, "I should put this on my blog"... but never do. Why these things don't coordinate, I have no idea.
These were great questions! :)
Thanks for doing the questions! It was interesting to read your answers to them.
DeleteI've been resisting monster high dolls for a while but xhanthi makes it hard with all the amazing customs she does with them.
It was interesting to read about the origin of your blog's name. Do you plan to have the girls photographed in their shop one day?
The Traveling Twig is so catchy. I love that it's written from the perspective of your dolls. That had me so intrigued when I stumbled onto your blog.
I wish I could run multiple blogs but everytime I try, I feel so overwhelmed and end up deleting the additional blog. This one is pretty much my primary blog.
What's your book blog about?
By the way, thanks for linking me. I've been trying to figure out how to get the banner links onto my sidebar. Am going to try the HTML/Java gadget next.
Yup, HTML/Java is how I do it.... it won't let me post the code here, but if you email me I'll message you with it:
Deletelittlebearries@yahoo.com
Here's my explanation of the code it wouldn't let me show you, LOL:
You can see where to put the blog address, easily enough, but when it comes to the image itself, I have a draft blog post that I keep them all in, that way blogspot generates a location code for it (what you see plugged in above)... you can just look at the draft post in html version and pluck the http: blogspot location out of it, and then that way you know that no one will ever change the image on you. :)
Did that even make sense? 0_0
I really like writing from the doll's perspective... it allows for bonus craziness. :) I need to really delve into it more.
Honestly, I probably would have made them all one blog, but I just felt that, based on comments I was getting at the Majokko Shop when I would talk about fashion dolls, that there was *some* cross over in interests, but not much... so I decided to separate the two... just because I was sick of the "This isn't really my thing" comments, LOL!
The book blog is just doofy little book reviews, mostly so I can keep track of the plots of things I've read. It's pretty awesome though, book blogging... you can get a lot of free books to read that way.
It's http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com
and it's in serious need of an update... I have read quite a few books since the last time I posted. That's the worst bit... when I forget to make the review and then get further and further from when I read the book... so the details become muddled. I really have to sit down right when I finish and write the reviews -_-;;
I have my banners uploaded to photobucket so I just ended up coding the html directly into the html/java gadget myself. It seems to have worked. Thanks for helping with it though.
DeleteI initially tried the image gadget and it left such a huge gap between each banner and was a bit counter productive.
I haven't come across that style of blog before so Twig was so different and intriguing. I love it when they post. Their personalities always come across.
I like to read book review blogs. I'll have to add yours to my reading list. I have found at least a few new books from reading those blogs.
I love reading but I haven't done as much of it as I would like. Although this year, my number of read books has actually increased at least 50% more than last year so that's good. A lot of the stuff I read though is part of a series so I'm having to wait a year before the next one is published so I like to read stuff in between.
I tried writing a book review blog once. I am not very good at it and can never be objective when I write about the book. And there have been some books that I've read that I really really disliked and it's hard to write an objective review on something you really didn't like at all.
Honestly, I'm not terribly objective either... I figure if people want a technical review of the book, they should look to a professional reviewer with a background in the industry.
DeleteMe... I just write down what I think about the book. If I don't like it, I say so. Gah... one time, this author had approached me to read their short story, and I read it, and really disliked one character particularly, so I said so in my review... and she was like, "I based that on my sister." LOL, whoops. All I could think was, "Wow, and your sister wasn't insulted that you wrote about her this way???"
I've actually been on a YA kick, and am trying to drag myself out of it a bit... since looking at my blog it's hard to tell I ever read anything else -_-;;
If you ever start up a review blog, let me know! I'd love to check out your reading list and what you think. :)
Hey, I don't mind the YA kick at all. I actually read a lot of YA. At the moment, I am reading one of the Emily Strange novels. She amuses me because she reminds me of my teen years, that and she is exactly what my thirteen year old self wanted to be.
DeleteI really keep saying I need to shell her as a doll so I can have my own Emily Strange.
Yeah, I will definitely let you know if I ever get a book review blog up.
This looks like fun! I will be doing it as soon as I have time :)
ReplyDeleteI will look forward to your answers to them!
DeleteHere they are!!! :)
Deletehttp://dollwishes.wordpress.com/2013/07/30/blog-meme-consider-yourself-tagged/
Ah thanks for the link! I went over and had a read (and lef a comment.)
DeleteDid this! Planned it, so it'll pop up on my blog 3rd of August. ;)
ReplyDeleteExcellent. I have you on my feed now so it'll pop up on my reader when you post and I can go over and have a peek at your answers.
Delete