Sunday, 8 September 2013

Court of Light and Dark

It was a bit overcast today so the lighting wasn't as ideal as I would have liked.

Photoshoot Music: Fairytale ~ Southwest Statistic

Decided to try another set of eyes for my two Life and Shadow spheres. I went back to Jarlath's original red eyes which I like in him. The smaller size makes him look older. I don't mind the ones in Naiya either but maybe something smaller. Unlike her previous eyes which weren't as bright as I had hoped, these ones pop out. Temporary wig as it's designed for a Luts Zuzu and barely sits on her head but I do like the colour and style.



Jarlath's eyes are the ones that came with my Dollzone Hid. I rather like them quite a bit and I think they enhance his dark grey resin quite nicely.


Still not sure on their final outfit design but I'm thinking Jarlath will be mostly black themed and Naiya would be mostly white themed with splashes of red to offset her eyes. 

In my original version of these characters, they had been designed as dark elves from different tribes; I think I might keep this reference as the Spheres don't particularly pay attention to the race of the chosen person.

My world of Valasaar where these characters reside is a mixture of fantasy, urban fantasy and sci fi so the population does tend to be of mixed races. 

A last shot of the two together.


 They actually met after they became Spheres and have developed an attraction to each other. There's nothing that says members of two different Courts can't be together as long as they continued their required duties.

4 comments:

  1. I think the red and blue look great together! I agree, I think they pop more than the blue did (though I liked the blue too).

    I've been looking at a lot of songs in grey lately...If I didn't already have a tan one I think I'd have gotten one. It's such a nice combo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if Song will stick around. I'm doing a bit of culling at the moment and he's on the maybe to go list right now.

      Mei and her eyes have always been a bit of a hit and miss for me. I'm still not happy with these red ones ...

      Delete
  2. I love Naiya's new eyes, red really looks good on her!!! She's all soft and then: BAM: eyes!!! hehe lovely! I'm really liking them two together and their story :D
    And good luck with your Lisa decision ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I opted not to go with Lisa. I've had IP bodies before and I think that is what is holding me off getting her.

      Delete