Next year will be a bit of an uncertain year for me and I really want to downsize my collection to something a bit more manageable. This is a good thing. It's spring cleaning and it is good for the soul.
At the moment, the dolls that are listed are:
Resinsoul Song
I have still to list the following:
Popodoll Bomu Head
Dollshe Saint Head (modded)
I hadn't really decided on the two heads until today when I tried my Lumedoll Saiph on the Popodoll body. I don't know why I didn't try this before. I guess as his original body is meant to be 63cm, I figured his head would be too small for a 68cm body. Turns out, he has a big noggin. And I've waited for over a year now for Lumedoll to re-release those SD bodies but doesn't look like that will happen for a long time so this will be his body now.
Although the head is NS-Y, Lumedoll's resin is quite pale so appears close to cream white and much lighter than Dollshe's Fresh Skin. There is a resin mismatch but it's not completely horrible and doesn't show in photos so I think it'll do. I may end up sharing that body with a Dollstown Hwan head if I end up buying one but first, I would need to hunt down owner photos and there aren't a lot around of that sculpt. Story of my life.
Let me introduce Ralnor Avalon. He is a time traveller from the far future where humankind has interbred with other alien races in order to prevent their own extinction. This explains Ralnor's rather pale complexion and elf-like ears and his unusual height. Technically, he only time travels to observe events in history, usually for verification of the archives. But every now and then, things happen and Ralnor just can't help himself. At the point in my story where we meet him, he has unwittingly created a divergent timeline, a crime that has branded him as an outlaw. He's hiding from the Keepers, the future arm of the law, not exactly the benevolent types.

I think this kind of thing happens, especially when you're trying to fit dolls to characters.
ReplyDelete:)
I'm trying to let the dolls inspire the characters now and it seems to be working out much better. This guy here, Ralnor, was inspired by the sculpt rather than vice versa.
DeleteOh I love this head!! It's one of those I would love to own but probably won't.
ReplyDeleteI also love that Popo 68 body. I have it too, and it's sooo nice. Everything about it.
I kind of wish I had bought the Lumedoll body though before it was discontinued but I hadn't the funds so I guess that was that.
DeleteThis is one of those heads I had discovered when they were discontinued but then Eva re-released them and I jumped on that straight away so I wouldn't miss out again. They seem to have been discontinued again so I am glad I got him when I did and didn't wait around. The artist is really lovely to deal with too.