Thursday, 21 November 2013

Musing Around

As of today, I have one tiny, my Pukifee Mio who I named Kestrel when she arrived. The other three Tinies I had have now all moved on to explore the world.This little one, I have decided will be my muse. She was right under my nose all along. I would like an older sister for her in the form of a yo-sd doll but unless Bimong decides to re-release Chuu, I will just have to wait and see if any yo-sds come out that might tempt me.

I kind of decided to only keep the dolls I want to either play with or write about and hopefully if I am able to move everyone on, I will be down to ten dolls (from nineteen). If you are interested to see who will be going, you can check out the BJD Crew under the heading Currently Up for Adoption.

In the meantime, here is Kestrel. She will just have to make do on her own for a little while.






12 comments:

  1. I can see why you kept Kestrel, she is utterly adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is at that. I always thought Mio and Luna looked similar and I've always liked Luna. I just happen to like Mio slightly more.

      Delete
  2. You know... the giveaway I'm having is stuff that would be in scale with this girl XD (because I remember you saying you didn't have any dolls in the right size, so you weren't entering... lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, you're right. I didn't really think of her as in that scale, I think she's 16cm in height but the items might work. For some reason, I kept thinking 27cm dolls. It's okay, I know where the items are from. I have the shop bookmarked for when I make my next etsy shopping spree.

      Delete
  3. Oh yay! I am so happy you found your muse, and even more happy that you already had her! That's fantastic <3
    Good luck with the sales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes not having to search a lot easier. I have to admit, I hadn't really seen any sculpts that fitted what I had in mind. I want to try and make her some outfits and I still need to buy her a different type of wig. But she changes her look a lot anyway so it's fine. I just love pukifee clothing, they're so small and cute.

      Thanks. I hope I am able to move those dolls on. I haven't got around to listing them on DoA yet. Weather here has been overcast lately and my photos don't turn out as well when it's like this. Song and Mei are ready to go though. I just haven't photographed the others. Sales photos are so timeconsuming but worth it if the doll sells. My concern is mostly with the SD size dolls. Not sure how easy they will be to sell as the shipping on them is a heck of a lot more than on Tinies or MSDs.

      Delete
    2. I'm in love with Pukifee clothing too...and there's so much of it out there! When I got mine I was so excited to buy him stuff...and then he became one of those dolls who only wears leggins....:\ it happens. Yours is so cute! I can't wait to see how she turns out!

      Selling anything is so time consuming! I recently took all my "sales" clothes and re-added them to my dolls wardrobe. It's just not worth trying to sell them anymore. Wigs and eyes too. The only thing I bother to sell is resin.

      I bet Mei and Song go fast. They're popular, and people love the fantasy colors.
      SD dolls are ok, maybe offer an Unstrung option for shipping. It's a pain, but so much cheaper!

      Delete
    3. I have to agree with you there, I've never had much success trying to sell those small items like wigs, clothing, eyes etc. Even standard airmal here for small parcels is at least $12+. I hate our postal service. In April, they essentially stripped most of their included services and replaced with a lesser service but higher prices. It makes no sense.

      You'd think Mei and Song would go fast but I've hardly had anyone PM me about them. I think I will have to send my SD dolls unstrung anyway. The prices for strung doll was close between $70-100 from Australia.

      Delete
  4. Kestrel is perfect! I am so happy you re-discovered her as your muse :) I love the pukifee size, they are so adorable.
    And good luck with selling your dolls! They are beautifully styled and they have gorgeous face-ups so hopefully you will find owners soon.I find that now the DoA marketplace is a bit slow...lately I had more luck selling through facebook or flickr though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this size too, however, I found out recently that I could only have one in this size. Which is strange as they take up no room at all.

      I am hoping the listed dolls don't languish too long on the MP but it is going so slow right now, it's painful to watch. Although, my Realpuki and Pukifee went quickly. I tend to take a big loss when I sell just so I can get them out of the house faster (hopefully!).

      I don't have a flickr anymore so I couldn't use that, not that I ever had much success when I had flickr.

      Delete
  5. She's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Xhanthi's face up really brings her to life.

      Delete