At the moment, I only have three of the seven characters I need for this story. I'm hoping to be able to get my hands on at least two male dolls and two more female dolls. Kicking myself for missing out on being a club member at Integrity now. These FR dolls are hard to get!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Testing. One. Two. Three.
Camera Person: Ahem. Ladies, you're on.
Claudia: Oh my, sorry about that. We were just catching up on the local gossip. What are we doing again?
Camera Person: {sighs} A little introduction for the records.
Claudia: Oh right you are. Here we go then ... {clears throat}
Claudia: Hello there, my name's Claudia Andrews. I'm pretty well known around these parts, you could even say a little bit famous. You haven't heard of me? Oh well, no need to fret. I'll make sure you get a signed copy of my latest book, "Under A Red Sky".
So why am I here? I truly don't know. One minute, I was riding the bullet train to Persephone and the next, well ... here. They tell me I'm an echo, whatever that is. It sounds dreadful doesn't it? Well, whatever it is, I'm sure there's been a mistake. That's what I am here to find out.
Maxine: The name is Maxine Perrin. I am, well, was, an air hostess. I loved my job, getting to fly around, see the world, never in one place for too long; it was my dream life. But something went wrong on the last trip. I recall it was something bad. There was smoke, lots of it and then, nothing. I woke up here and I've been sitting in this waiting room with Claudia for ... well, I'm not quite sure actually. Time seems to move differently here. I hope someone tells us what is going on soon.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Victoria: How's my hair?
Camera Person: You look gorgeous as always.
Victoria: You flatter me.
Victoria: I really don't know why I have to do this.
Camera Person: They want to show this video during orientation. You were them once. You know how confusing it can be.
Victoria: I guess but there's so much to do.
Camera Person: We'll get through this quick as we can.
Victoria: Thanks. You're too sweet to me.
Camera Person: Ready?
Victoria: As I'll ever be.
Victoria: My name is Victoria Swan. Welcome to Cloud9. There are several Cloud units in existence. We are the most recent and the smallest of all nine. By now, I expect you would have read through the brochure that was given to you when you woke up. As an Echo, you'll find that you won't remember a lot of things but don't worry; it'll all come back to you eventually.The most important thing to keep in mind is that you are not alone. We're here to help.
Victoria: We are your handlers, your guide in this new existence you've found yourself in. We will help you to come to terms with your situation, regain your memories and if and when you find yourselves ready, to move on. My team of handlers have the experience and training to help you.
Victoria: Many of you will be in denial. It is a natural thing to feel. We will help you move forward and one day, you may choose to join with the Collective or descend back to the living world in another shell. How fast you reach this point is up to you.
How's that?
Camera Person: That was great! It's a wrap!
Extras/Spoofs:
Unused footage.
Victoria tries to illustrate the Collective.
Winding back time doesn't really work here ... but keep trying.











I'm intrigued! It sounds like you have a really interesting storyline and characters. :D Do you know which dolls you're going to get for the other characters yet? Or are you still on the lookout for them?
ReplyDeleteThank you! I touch on this a little with my Ghost character (Luts KDF Maska) but not in great detail. I wanted a separate storyline for my FR dolls that was unique to them (and easier for me to make dioramas for!!).
DeleteI know I want a Poppy Parker doll, specifically the Day Tripper release which is hard to get. There was one online store in Canada that had her but ... the shipping was really really high ($100CAD). It surprised me a bit because these dolls aren't exactly heavy in weight like the BJDs. So now I am hoping I will find a Poppy Parker at a good price at some stage but I may have to compromise on the specific mold/release.
I also want "Beauty" from the Beauty and the Beast Nuface Fantasy line. Beauty is the male doll (they swapped the roles). He is a Lukas mold. He's not too badly priced even on the secondhand market.
The other male doll I was hoping for was the Auden Love Revolution but he basically sold out on preorders everywhere within 24 hrs of release. So, I'm back to the drawing board on that one.
The other female doll, I am not sure which mold I want for her. I have a few in mind but I haven't made a decision yet. I'd like her to look a bit younger but all the molds I am drawn to look older!
Oh! You have some really lovely dolls in mind for your characters. I hope you're able to get them. *crosses fingers for you* The Lukas mold is one of my favorite sculpts for Fashion Royalty Homme dolls.
DeleteI LOVE this! Such an interesting and intriguing beginning for the story and the way you did it is just perfect!!! You are such a good writer <3
ReplyDeleteI love this and also the plans you posted in the previous post, I hope you manage to find all those dolls soon. And I am curious about your Diorama too! Can't wait for more on them!
I have to say Victoria is absolutely stunning!!! I love your pictures of her!
Thank you. The story kind of wrote itself which is nice. I do like it when that happens, wish it happened more often though!
DeleteThe dolls are really hard to get a hold of, at least the ones I like. It's going to be a long process I think. At least I can concentrate on the diorama in the meantime.
This looks like so much fun! I hope you can get a hold of the other dolls on your list, I can't wait to see more! :D
ReplyDeleteMe too. The Poppy Parker is going to the most difficult for me to get a hold of at retail price. The after market prices for her are steep.
Delete