Friday, 11 July 2014

Yes Please


I logged into my email today to find an invitation from EA to test out the early version of The Sims 4 Create A Sim demo and provide feedback in preparation for the launch of the game in September. I shamelessly geeked out over this. Seriously, I am pretty damn excited to see how 4 will differ from 3.

What does this have to do with dolls? Nothing really but also everything. All my current "shelled" characters first existed in the form of Sims, specifically, Sims 2 and then Sims 3. So you could say, for the longest time, my Sims were my dolls. (Not to mention how much cheaper it was to change their style whenever I wanted and design their sets!)

Needless to say, the first thing I will do during this demo is to recreate those same characters, Sims 4 style.  And when the game is actually released, I will use the platform to plan out and "design" the sets I want to build for the actual dolls. I'm a very visual person so I like to see the design and look of a room set before the build starts.


On to actual doll news, I am still on the hunt for a Yo-SD size bjd. It's the only size I currently do not have in my collection, mostly because when it comes to that size, I find that I am super fussy. The sculpt not only has to be right, but the body must have the right aesthetic, head to body ratio must be something I can live with and posing should not be difficult to work with (especially at such a small scale.) So far, I have narrowed it down to the following: LUTS HD Lolly | IP BID Serca | Peak's Wood FOF Rabbit Goon.

Have I also mentioned I adore companies who give you the choice of choosing either a male or female body for the sculpt? I wish more companies would do this. I find a lot of sculpts can work as either.

5 comments:

  1. That's so exciting that you get to try out the CAS for Sims 4. Congrats! I liked what I've seen of of the new CAS so far, but I'd love to hear what you think of it. I also like how the Sims look this time. I was never a huge fan of what the default Sims looked like in Sims 3.

    You've narrowed it down to some really cute YoSDs. You have a hard decision to make, but I can't imagine you going wrong with any of those. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding the new CAS interesting to say the least. It's really just a matter of clicking on certain areas you want to change and prodding and pulling into the shape you want. It does make it a lot easier to get a more unique looking sim and body shape. The only disappointment was the hairstyles aren't as detailed as I would like but it doesn't look too bad. I will post some screencaps a bit later.

      Thanks! I am still procrastinating on that size. I might have to just face the fact that I might not be a Yo owner as much as I want to be. I've been dragging my feet on this size for months.

      Delete
  2. I've never actually played Sims, but holy crap! If that's what the new version looks like, it's amazing!

    Omg Rabbit Goon!!! When he was released I actually had to stay away from PW's site because I was afraid I'd order him!! He's adorable in every way. Luts has really good YO sized dolls too, I have actually bought two of them in the last two years, but for other people as gifts. They're so cute in person, and they have a lot of good resin color options (RSB is gorgeous in person - and I'm not an overly huge fan of tan).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy it but I think the thing that draws me the most to The Sims is the building and interior decorating side of it. I tend to spend hours doing that than actually playing The Sims. I do have to admit I enjoy playing around with their machinima capabilities.

      I find I am really fussy with tan colours and so far, the only tan I've liked is the one from Aquariusdoll and I have to admit from photos I have seen, I don't mind Luts RSB colour either. I will have to think more on it though ...

      And I agree. Rabbit Goon looks adorable. I love those rabbit ears.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, those YO's are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete