Friday, 9 January 2015

Getting ready...

I managed to put in an order at Nine9Style  for some clothing in preparation for Rune's arrival (whenever that is). I'm lucky enough to already have shoes for this size due to a mistake made by the shoe company I ordered from. They had sent me YoSD sized shoes instead of the MSD sized shoes I had ordered. They let me keep the YoSD shoes which was nice of them.

I'm starting her off on something nice and simple and not too overwhelming (for me!). I love this shop and order a majority of my clothes from here or at TTYA.

Photos by Nine9Style

I really love leggings. I need to learn how to make them, that and sweaters. I believe it's because I never get true winter here so it's nice my dolls can pretend.

I also decided Rune would be Deirdre and Xavier's daughter. Originally, Deirdre was a widow but I decided to give her character a happily ever after and keep Xavier alive. And being the young girl she is, Rune will of course like to play dress up (where her more wacky outfits will come into play).

I already have an idea for one. The trick is to figure out how to put it together...

7 comments:

  1. I love 9style. I would love a lot of their clothes for me XD
    She'll be so cute! I hope the wait is short - I can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know what you mean. I would totally wear some of their outfits if they made it for humans.

      It's not even a full week and I am already wishing she was on her way. I know she'll get stuck in customs for a day or two (or three) when she gets here. Overseas parcels seem to be going through Sydney rather than Brisbane lately and they're always busy.

      Delete
    2. Ha the same thing happens here when things go through the west coast (San Fran I think) instead of Chicago. West coast customs is slower than anything. Though my WD Werewolf was in Chicago from Thursday until today finally....so they're slow now too :P

      Waiting. Easily the worst part of the this hobby. Well, one of the worst parts XD

      Delete
  2. I love the clothes you choose! very casual and fun~
    I have the polka dot top in pink (it says pink on the website but it's really more like peach or salmon XD) and it's very cute on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love polka dots. I am glad to hear some feedback on the top as I got the grey polka dots one for my SD girl as well.

      I would attempt fantasy clothing but it's like finding a needle in a hay stack and casual is always fun (and easy to get a hold of!) Plus with casual, you can make it as eccentric as you like.

      Delete
  3. Those little hoodies are just too cute Alasse, that is something I haven't tried sewing yet. I'm sure Rune will love her wardrobe of clothes when she arrives. Can't wait to see her wearing them.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to go with the blue stars for the hoodie sweater. I am thinking blue is going to be Rune's colour. I would like to get more leggings for her at some stage with crazy patterns and maybe a few jeans but that will have to wait for a bit.

      Delete