I knew there was a reason I had been procrastinating over the 27cm size for such a long time. I got an email tonight from Art Bimong that Chuu was being re-released and within thirty minutes of that email, she was ordered.
I had all but given up hope that this sculpt was coming back even though the artist had confirmed this about a year ago. I am really glad it took me so long to procrastinate because the stars were aligned and it looked like Chuu was meant to come home to me. Especially as I missed out on her when D-Storic was selling the Bimong dolls.
Oh my gosh, I haven't waited for a doll in a year! I had forgotten the euphoria of ordering something you have wanted for a while. I got her with the softer face up (No. 2). This will also be my very first full single body so should be interesting.
She was also available in the tan but I'm not a fan of the Tan Skin B. It's very orange toned and I prefer their Tan Skin A although I have never really seen any of the recent dolls released in that tone so far. So that means Miss Rune has reverted to her original lighter skin tone.
And damn, the exchange rate is horrible at the moment. Oh well, she's worth it.

Oh,congratulations! Chuu is adorable! I had thought she wasn't being made any more, so it is lovely to hear that she's available again. :D
ReplyDeleteI had emailed Bimong over a year ago now I think asking if he had plans to re-release her and he said yes but I think it was supposed to have been February last year but it never happened. I did read somewhere that it was possible he was waiting for all the D-Storic orders for that sculpt to be done with so he could get the moulds back or something to that effect. Maybe he had to redo the moulds which is why it took a lot longer to re-release? Either way, I am glad she was eventually re-released and that I hadn't jumped on any other doll yet so I could get her.
DeleteYay!!! I'm so excited for you!! I know you've been looking for the right YO-sized doll for so long...I'm happy the one you really wanted is available again! She's super-cute! Congrats :D
ReplyDeleteI was pretty giddy when I got the email. I said to my husband, "Oh thank goodness! That's the one I've been waiting and hoping for but had given up on!" I was even happier when he said, "What are you waiting for then? Order it already."
DeleteCuuuuuute!!!! I can't wait to see her in action once you get her! Now for the wait. XD
ReplyDeleteAck, the wait is always the worse but it's not too bad when the doll is worth it. Plus the break from waiting on stuff probably helped! I've had a year's break so it was time for another wait I think!
DeleteOh Alasse, your sweet little Chuu has a cute set of teef, how wonderful!! You know I am a huge sucker for teef and if I hadn't just ordered Babette, I think I may have joined you and ordered Chuu myself. :) Congratulations, I know it will be worth the wait.
ReplyDeletehugs,
x
I thought of you when I saw her teeth! I am sure Babette will be well worth the wait for you! I had forgotten how antsy I get during a wait.
DeleteCongrats!! She's lovely! I'm glad you finally got the chance to buy her, the feeling of buying something you waited for so long and thought not possible is amazing.
ReplyDeleteHope she arrives fast~ I'm not sure how are the waiting times for bimong, but I hope you get her soon enough :D
It definitely is amazing as I had essentially given up hope of actually owning her.
DeleteI have my fingers crossed the wait time isn't too long. I haven't ordered from bimong before but I did notice the business name came up as MyDolling when I paid for her so if MyDolling is handling the production of the dolls for bimong, then it should be fine. MyDolling have one of the best customer service I've come across so far.