Monday, 26 January 2015

Updates: Orders and Photoshoots

Big order week, I'm waiting on some Blythe outfits from Wimukt to ship to try out on the Pureneemo dolls. I also managed to pick up a (nude) Winter Vacation Limited Mia (the one with the brown eyes and brown hair) from Mandarake. They were selling her without the official clothing which made her price a bit more reasonable so I didn't mind. I only really liked the brown winter jacket from that set anyway.


I've always loved how sweetly gentle her face always looked in her many incarnations but this one just had something about it that I really liked.

I also placed an order with Hobbysearch for some Azone clothing and a lounge seat so I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to ship (all items were in stock).

I updated the pages (BJD Crew, Other Dolls, Figure Collection). They all now have accompanying photos of each doll/figure. 

And in keeping with my goals for this year, I will try to photograph my Pureneemos more. I find they are challenging because of their decal eyes. The light plays havoc with them unless you can get the right angle. It's a big learning curve for me.


'Jiro', the newest member of the SUPA club. Lucky for him, I actually think he looks pretty good. I am still uncertain on his counterpart, the Cheshire Cat Aika. Not sure if she'll stay or not yet. I have a hard time taking decent photos of her.


I feel like here, he is saying, "How may I serve you today?" Such a gentleman.


Yuki's infamous "scary eyes". She really did not like that bow. Maybe it was too girly?

And for some change up, I spent a bit of time with my poor neglected FR girls. Or at least, two of them.


The very demanding sharp tongued vixen manager of Cloud 9, Caitlin Price. I don't think I have actually introduced her character into the storyline yet. In short, she is the practice manager for the Cloud 9 section and reports directly to the director who in turn has to answer to the Celestial Body. And Caitlin is all about results, results, results.

Gosh I love this doll. I debated trying to take down her hair and give it a wash and new style but it's so stiff and stuck in that style pretty good that I don't want to chance it/ruin it or generally make a mess of it.


Then there is Caitlin's polar opposite, Alexia or "Lexie" to her Echoes. Where Caitlin is all hard edges, Alexia is soft edges with a warm bubbly personality. She is quite optimistic and very empathic to her Echoes. Caitlin thinks she's 'weak'.


They are like Night and Day. Caitlin doesn't believe Alexia brings anything to the team but she's managed to stick around due to Victoria fighting for her. Victoria believes Alexia has what it takes to make a difference and guide Echoes into the hereafter. 

4 comments:

  1. Pretty dolls!!! I only own bjds but I'd love to have pure neemos in the future, or blythes or oullips or everything XD!!!
    Your FR girls are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I am managing to resist the Pullip line. Although I noticed one of the Pullips I really liked was recently restocked at Pullip Style and it is hard to maintain the resistance but I am doing it (for now!).

      I love the Blythe line too but I'm happy to enjoy them through others.

      Well, I would highly enable you with the Pureneemos. I really love them. They are so cute and very anime looking which is the attraction for me.

      And thank you. The FR girls have a different presence to them than my other dolls. They make me want to do fashion spreads!!

      Delete
  2. Aww, that's such a cute Mia, congrats!

    And trust me, I totally feel your pain with the light reflecting in their eyes... it doesn't help that their sculpt curves outward slightly at the base, so sometimes only certain portions of their eyes catch the light -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got a shipping notice today so she shouldn't take too long depending on which customs she goes through (Sydney is the busier and longer wait one).

      I guess the only way, so far, I have found to get around the light reflecting their eyes is to make sure they aren't fully in the light, but then the danger in that is the photos can come out too dark. I've been googling tips all day to no avail.

      Delete