I was feeling a little bummed and decided to browse around Youtube to cheer myself up and came across a review of the Pullip Classical Alice in Sepia. I looked at her and thought, "Wow, she's my kind of doll. How the heck did I miss this one?" (Alice in Wonderland is one of my favourite stories, how could I not be tempted?)
So I headed over to Pullip Style not really expecting anything and found her listed on their site (and for sale to boot!). Not wanting to have a Meg repeat, I ordered her then and there.
Photo from Hobbysearch
I also recently found out those Blythe clothing I ordered for my Pureneemo dolls (that don't fit them) can be worn by Pullips. I really love the Blythe outfits so at least someone can make use of them and I won't have wasted my money. (I will do the review for the Blythe Clothing on the weekend.)
So I have finally caved to the Pullip song. She will be my first so it will be interesting to find out how I will handle her.
I'll keep her name as Alice. I've always liked that name and have wanted to use it for a doll for a while now.

Ahh that's what I call FATE Alasse! You were never meant to have Meg, she was there just to take you by the hand until you found your sweet Alice. :)
ReplyDeleteI only have one Pulip - the Steampunk one, can't remember if she actually had a name, I just call her Steamy. LOL!
Have a great weekend, hugs,
X
I think you are right, it's funny how things work out sometimes isn't it?
DeleteOh, I saw that lovely girl. Her outfit is so intricate. I can't remember her name either ... but Steamy works a treat!
Hope you are having a good weekend Xanadu!
I agree with Xanadu, that really sounds like fate and that you were meant to find that doll x3 She looks gorgeous, I really hope you're gonna love her~
ReplyDeleteShe will be my very first Pullip so I'm a bit nervous but I am confident I will like her. She has such a sweet face and I love everything about her so that's always a good sign!
DeleteThat's so exciting! The Sepia version of Alice is very beautiful. I was tempted by her too. She's a really lovely doll and her outfit is gorgeous. I hope you enjoy her. Also, don't give up on Meg (or Nana-chan either, since you mentioned her on flickr). I bet Pullip Style will restock them sooner or later.
ReplyDeleteI'll definitely keep an eye out on Pullip Style and see what comes in stock over the next few months. It's good to know they restock. I wish Hobbysearch would do that more. They do for some things but not for everything. Shipping is a great deal cheaper for me coming from Japan than the USA.
DeleteI saw the original Classical Alice and she is quite pretty too. I have to admit to kicking myself for not getting Victorique from Gosick when Junkyspot had her hugely discounted. I was so so tempted. I have the anime and love it.
WOOO Congrats!! I've always wanted a pullip! well not always obviously, but since I found out about them years ago. I've been thinking in buying the kit (it comes wigless and no clothes and no stand, but it's way cheaper, and always sold out x.x).
ReplyDeleteI'll live my dream through you for the moment XD since I'm trying to save up money.
You chose a GORGEOUS edition. I'm not a fan f the whole Alice in wonderland thing, but I really like this doll, and it's so cool you could find her after the first disappointment with the other version.
Please post pictures when you get her :D
Thank you! Oh I would love to see what you did with a Pullip kit. If I could paint faces, I would be tempted to get one myself but I'm not very good at painting faces. Tried that, didn't work out. I love that those kits give you a much wider range of customisation.
DeleteI love that she is just like the Classical Alice (which I also rather like) but the difference is the tones which is lovely. Then again, I am a big fan of sepia and black and white.
I will definitely post photos as soon as she gets here. She shipped today so should be here in about a week or two.