I decided to restyle Isha's hair today as her curls were getting particularly frizzy, unruly and just plain untidy even though I don't really 'play' with her that much. The hair isn't as curly now as it was but I might try to boil straighten her hair tomorrow and try to give her a straighter hairstyle.
I have some new clothes picked out for her but I am just waiting on Clear Lan to open up for orders again so I can finally buy some clothing for the FR girls. This line needs more love.
More photos after the cut ...
She's such an amazing doll. I really adore her face screening quite a bit. And of course, I always have to have at least one redhead in each doll line I collect.
In a rare candid moment, I managed to get a photo of the 'Girls of Cloud9' (kind of sounds like a Calendar spread!).
They really need their own diorama but it has to be taller than the one I'm working on so it will have to wait. I'm thinking for Cloud9 I am going to go with a more retro vintage theme rather than industrial.




That hair color looks gorgeous! *o* I've been loving ginger hair for dolls lately, I have no idea why hahah XD Her clothes look stylish as well~
ReplyDeleteI don't know much about fashion dolls and so far haven't been interested to buy any, but I do enjoy looking people's photos of them! ♥
I think ginger hair really stands out especially if you have a lot of dark haired girls in your collection, at least in my case, that's true.
DeleteI actually haven't been involved with them for long to be honest, I think it's been a year now. They're really very different from the Barbies I handled as a kid. Even the texture of their vinyl feels like it has a bit of 'tooth' which I know sounds a bit strange but there you have it. The appeal for me is the fashion for these dolls, there are some super stunning creative pieces out there. And the dioramas people make for their fashion dolls - some very amazing, awe inspiring work.
She is really gorgeous. I love her eyes and lips~ and of course her hair.
ReplyDeleteYeahh, clear lan is awesome! It's annoying that during the holidays, most taobao shops are closed T_T; I've been waiting on a few to open up again as well.
I've never ordered from Clear Lan before so this will be my first time but I've long admired the clothing they create for the fashion dolls. I can't wait to get some for my girls.
Deletegreat photos! her face is stunning, I like how wavy her hair turned out, but I'm sure she will look equally great in straight hair :D
ReplyDeleteThanks. The hair is really quite lovely and soft. It feels a lot more high quality than what was used for the Monsieur Z girls which is really coarse and flyaway.
DeleteShe makes a stunning redhead Alasse. Fashion dolls are not really my forte, but yours are certainly lovely eye candy. :)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
X
Thanks Xanadu! I always have a bit of weakness for eye candy. I'd love to do fashion shoots with them but I never have enough props (that don't cost an arm and a leg to buy!)
DeleteIsha is super gorgeous! I love how you styled her hair.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I think retro vintage is perfect for Cloud 9. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Thank you. She's a really photogenic doll. I find her the most photogenic out of all my FR girls.
DeleteI've got a few bits of scrapbook paper that would make great retro wallpapers but I only bought one of them so don't have enough yet to make a room set. The FR girls are so much taller than the Pureneemos so I have to make the room set taller.