Thursday, 4 June 2015

Of Butlers, Cats and Herbs

The herb garden is really thriving which brings a smile to my face. Living in a town that tends to lean on the side of brown and more brown, it's nice to see a little green.


The plant markers were ones I made myself out of DAS airdry clay. I'm currently experimenting with making pendants with this product. They're stamped with the name of the herb (Parsley, Basil, Chives, Mint).

During the online absence, I also received my Sebastian Michaelis of Black Butler fame.


He is a 1/8 scale figure. I think he is very well executed. Really love the way this is sculpted.



And finally, some photos of Pullip Nana Chan. I love her outfit quite a lot. Her hair was frizzy out of the box but from what I have read and seen, this seems pretty standard with these dolls. She displays beautifully with my Sepia Alice.



Once my Steampunk Alice gets here, I will take a photo of all three of the Pullips together.

10 comments:

  1. Your little herb garden looks beautiful~ ♥
    That Sebastian figure is pretty neat, looks very detailed! I like the base too :3
    Awww you have so adorable pullips, Nana-chan is adorable in that outfit! ♥ Strange how I've never been a fan of Pullips, but suddenly many of them seem so beautiful >3< I'm definitely looking forward to seeing photos of your Pullips together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megahouse always do really detailed figures. They're a little more pricey than Figma figures but well worth it.

      I've been admiring Pullips for a long time but didn't realise that once I bought one, how addictive they would become! I really love the design of them and love the fact they come with everything so I don't have to buy anything else for them!

      Delete
  2. Your herbs are looking super healthy! must be really nice to have~

    I love your taste in pullips, you always pick up the prettiest :)
    Also, that figure is very neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really loving having a herb garden finally. It's been a life saver in more than one way.

      Thanks. These pullips are very addictive, like chips, you can never stop at one.

      Delete
  3. You're wonderful with your plants ~ haha :) I can't keep any alive really. Ohh, Sebastian is so handsome. I've never gotten into Black Butler, do you reckon I should read the manga? (I never watch anime)

    Pullips tend to have quality issues, that's why I usually immediately replace their bodies and wigs out of the box XD haha. Anyway, Nana is adorable though! Are you only planning to have 3 Pullips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't always wonderful with the plants.I used to kill them too from lack of love. But I am finding the balance now so it's been working really well for me.

      I haven't read the manga to be honest of Black Butler. There are a lot of volumes. I am not sure how many exactly but I know there are at least 19 volumes that I saw. I ended up just watching the anime. I have only seen the first series. I've read the second series is not that good. I also watched the live action film which is fantastic. I really enjoyed that.

      It's like the manga, Nana. I started to collect the volumes but stopped at about Volume 13. I think there are something like 20 or more to that manga. Especially nowadays with the exchange rate, buying manga is getting pricey again.

      What sort of quality issues have you seen on the Pullips? I must admit, I tend to just open them from their box, take a few photos, set them up on their stands and put them in my display cabinet. I don't really "play" with them too much. I have heard a lot of people re-body them onto the Obitsu or Pureneemo bodies.

      I did plan to only have 3 but I just put another on pre-order. Groove is killing me with their new releases lately. I'll post about the new one soon.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your recommendation, I usually only actually buy manga if I REALLY love it. Like for example: Hana Yori Dango or Skip Beat!

      There's a ton, mostly the wigs aren't of very high quality and their stock outfits can also stain their bodies. Be careful about that, even if you only display them ^^;
      I prefer bodies that are a bit more flexible and that can wear more stuff so I usually re-body them~

      Haha, I knew 3 wasn't going to cut it, dolly collections always go out of control XO

      Delete
    3. The only 'full" manga series I have are The Tarot Cafe and Clover, oh and I also have The Dreaming which is by an Australian manga artist. If you like the old Victorian creepy boarding school supernatural theme, that's a good one to read. That only has three volumes in total.

      Thanks for the heads up on that. I had read Pullips stain if they wear dark clothing. I think most of mine should be okay as their clothing is light but you never know with vinyl bodies. If the Pullip body breaks, no biggie. I'll most likely use a Pureneemo body to replace it. I've had an Obitsu body before and the squeaking joints always drove me mad.

      Delete
  4. Hi Alasse!
    I do like that you made your own herb markers, it creates additional interest in the herbs. Which are looking pretty healthy I might add, and yummy!! I envy anyone who can grow anything successfully, I am hopeless and end up killing them one way or another.

    You figure looks quite interesting, I only have one and haven't really gotten into them at all, but I do like yours, he's quite handsome and very well dressed! :)

    Ah the Pullips, another that I only have one of (only ordered her because she was steampunk) and am now thinking of moving her on. Your girl is very sweet though, but you can't tempt me. I am being a good girl.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Xanadu! I am really finding that I love working with the airdry clay. I did a clay class a few years back and made what I think looks a lot like Gollum and really enjoyed doing that.

      I feel happy that I am finally able to grow herbs and that they are still alive. I would like to add more herbs to the garden. Right now, besides the ones in the picture, I also have tumeric and ginger. But you can't really see those because they get buried beneath the soil.

      I'd love to try and grow some tomatoes.

      I don't tend to buy a lot of the 1/8 scale. There are some really nice looking ones I have been tempted by but I can usually resist. They really are more of a display figure than anything else. I like to collect these types of things though. But I am usually very picky with which ones I buy.

      Hehe, well I am awed by your resistance to the Pullips. I have seen that Steampunk Pullip you got. She is quite pretty. It looks Groove are coming full circle and releasing more Steampunk themed dolls.

      Delete