I've been enjoying catching up on what everyone has been up to lately. It puts a smile on my face to see how passionate everyone is about their hobby. It inspires me to want to do something with my own dolls. So thank you for spreading the love.
Mostly, I've been spending time gardening. I'm trying to grow some shallots in my new herb garden a close friend bought for me. The act of helping something to grow is very healing for the soul. I'm probably more excited than I should be that new shoots are starting to sprout.
I did take out Sebastian and change his wig and clothes earlier in the week. I wanted to try a more "hipster" look for him. I am not sure if I will keep this look though. The idea is to try and add some decorations to those dreads.
* * *
I also did some retail therapy. Okay, in all honesty, it's Alice in Wonderland and Steampunk. That combines two of my favourite things. It's a match made in heaven.
* Photo from Hobbysearch
She's supposed to be released I believe in July or end of June, something like that, so something to look forward to.
I will get around to taking a photo of Nana Chan. She's a little tempermental on her stand so I try not to move her too much.
I will get around to taking a photo of Nana Chan. She's a little tempermental on her stand so I try not to move her too much.


I'm so glad to see you posting! Gardening is a great hobby~ I always wanted to have my own herbs garden when I get my own place. I find it a job very regarding and also relaxing.
ReplyDeleteI think Sebastian looks great with the changed, but I'm also sure He can look great no matter what :)
And that new pullip is just gorgeous!
I love having the herb garden. I have it out on my patio/balcony and it's very handy to have there when I am cooking and need some mint or basil for a dish. My friend is an incredible green thumb, she has lavender growing in her garden which is extremely hard to grow in the weather we have here.
DeleteSebastian is so versatile. He seems to adapt to any look I throw on him. I'll try decorating the dreads and see what I think. I have some ideas of hanging charms off them. I really want this mystical look for him.
When I saw the notification come up about it, I was pretty excited, plus, I have not as yet seen a Pullip with such bright vivid eyes. They tend to be quite dark so that was an added bonus. I can't wait to see how this one will look next to my Classical Sepia Alice. I'm really tempted to get Classical Alice too so I have all three "Alice" characters but I don't know if I like Classical Alice enough because she is too close to Sepia Alice in features.
Great to see you again~
ReplyDeleteI have big respect for people who have the patience for gardening (and also love seeing photos of gardens), since it's something that I could never do myself XD Even the tiniest plants seem to die on me lol...
This look seems to work well for Sebastian, like his wig and accessories :) He seems like such a versatile doll!
I've never really been that interested in Pullips, but I must say that is one of the most beautiful Pullip fullsets that I've seen! A great idea to combine steampunk with Alice in Wonderland XD
I thought the same thing. My previous attempts at gardening usually ended with my plants dying but the herbs my friend gave me use new soil and are in pots with pebbles that keep the moisture for longer and the herbs seem to be thriving. The pebbles make it so that you don't have to water as much which is good for the days you forget!
DeleteSebastian is very versatile. I always seem to keep changing out his wig though a lot. He's one of those problem dolls that I can never seem to settle on wig styles for. I have about three of those dolls!
I've only just got into them and she will be my third Pullip. I won't buy anymore unless the Pullip really really stuns me into buying. I have plans to add a few more Pureneemos to the collection at some point so cabinet space is starting to be tight.
Welcome back to the fold Alasse, I have missed you. Sebastian is looking pretty handsome in his new wig and clothes. I'm pleased your shalots are sprouting, I'm hopeless at gardening, but I do believe it's very theraputic.
ReplyDeleteKeep on keeping on.
Hugs,
X
Thank you Xanadu! I have really missed reading everyone's blog. Everyone's enthusiasm really inspires me to pick up my dolls more. Plus, enthusiasm is so catching!
DeleteI still haven't completely settled on Sebastian's final look yet. Honestly, it's been this way since he arrived. I debated cosplaying him as Doctor Who at one point. I have the perfect wig for that!
Gardening is very therapeutic. I have never really been heavy into gardening but since getting the herbs, I have found it has this peaceful quality to it that is very calming and healing for the soul.
Love Sebastian's look. I love dreads with bits in them, beads and so forth. Hipsters round here are a little different looking, this guy looks more hippy to me. :) What sculpt is he? I always forget what everyone is.
ReplyDeleteLove that Pullip.
I should be starting treatment next month. It's scary, but I think it's better to try than not. Was thinking of you this morning. Wondering how you were.
I have seen some human dreads with decorations on them and they always look so interesting. Sebastian is a Popodoll Bomu. His face is by FabuulaRasa. The body is pretty amazing. I don't know why I had wanted to sell it a few months back. Out of the SDs, his body is the one that can pose the best.
DeleteMany best wishes for the treatment! I sincerely hope you have more success with it than I did. It's scary but if you can handle the amount of needles you get jabbed with every day for 2-3 weeks, you can handle pretty much anything. I've lost my link to DR again which is why I haven't logged in there for a while.
Lovely photo of Sebastian and I also love that Alice dolly - though I think Groove releases way tooo many variations of Alice XD!
ReplyDeleteIt's good to hear you are getting back to feeling normal. Gardening is great therapy I think, sometimes it seems like plants are just great listeners. Though I can't actually keep any plants alive on my balcony @_@
Thank you. I really need to photography Sebastian more. He is somewhat neglected.
DeleteI think I am lucky that I've only been into Pullips this year so haven't had too much exposure to the Alice variations although I have heard this exact thing on the Pullip blogs I read. I've since had a look at all the Alice dolls released and have to say that I am happy with the two I have. Sepia and Steampunk Alice are different enough that they fit in really well with all my other collections.
I am finding that I am really liking trying to get things to grow. Bonus is that the things I grow can also be used in the dishes I cook. I'd love to have a lot more herbs at some point but for now, I'll stick with the few I have at the moment.
My friend told me the trick of adding pebbles to the pot which cuts down how much watering you have to do by a lot. That was always my problem in the past, forgetting to water the plants!