It's been a busy morning at the Inn. Not one but two parcels from HS were delivered today. I am still waiting to see if the Pureneemo order has everything I ordered or not but so far, no shipping notice. Maybe next week.
The first parcel was Pullip Mad Hatter (Steampunk World) and the second was the Cu-poche Saber.
There's a few photos so I will put these under the cut...
I'll start with the Saber order.
I didn't take photos but she also came with two face expressions, a clear sword with some blue swirly things and several hand options as well as what's shown in the photos. Unlike my other two cu-poche figures, I found she was a lot more fiddly to stand off the magnetic base. She is super cute though.
I also ordered Azone's 25th Anniversary Magazine which has a ton of photos of released Azones (Pureneemo, Picconemo and the bigger Azone dolls on the Obitsu body). It was great to see them all and at least now I know the name of one or two I will try to get at some point if the price is right.
On to the Pullip order ...
Her wig is quite soft but still not the best and if I end up changing it at some distant point, I will get something similar in style but with better quality hair fibre.
This girl has a lot going on in that outfit. Her little hat is quite cute and is attached to her hair with a simple clip. Her dress has a lot of bits and pieces but I kind of like the design, it's quite mad. Her stockings are gorgeous but those shoes ... not only are they way big and literally fall off her feet, they're kind of strange and not really steampunk. I would have preferred boots for her I think.
I love the hue of her eyes. They aren't as bright as Alice from this series but they are still quite lovely and light. Her lids are not painted (they have been left nude) but the rest of her smoky make up is quite beautiful. It's that smoky look that decided me in the end.
It's unfortunate her eye mechanism seems to be super stiff and doesn't really close all the way. It also gets stuck so I haven't bothered to take a photo of her winking in case I couldn't get the lid back up again. This is the first Pullip I've had with this problem so I could have just been unlucky.
Overall though, I am really happy with her. I have her displayed next to Alice in the cabinet and the two look quite good together.
I'm hoping no more Pullips are released that will appeal to me. I only have space for one more Pullip and that's it. I have no wiggle room in that number at all!







Awww that Saber looks really cute! The Azone magazine seems great as well, I'm sure it was full of the most adorable photos :3
ReplyDeleteYour new Pullip looks beautiful, sorry to hear that there are problems with her eye mechanism :/ The eyes look gorgeous though! I'm really happy that I haven't felt the need to buy any Pullips, there's so much with BJDs and Azones already ^^;
The Azone magazine had tons of photos and model names so now I know the ones I'd like to have (although there's only 2 and one is always too pricey second hand). Both are Chiika models with pink hair.
DeleteShe's a really pretty doll in person. I have her in the display cabinet right now and didn't bother undressing her because the whole style is just so eye-catching. I find my eyes drawn to her on that display shelf.
I love mad hatter's gray color scheme! :D including her hair color and lovely outfit. The eye mech issues seem to be more common in new releases T_T it's really not very easy to fix!
ReplyDeleteSaber is also lovely, her hair seems to be a kind of gradient color almost, right? :3
I had seen a few reviews of other Pullips (recent releases) and some had that weird eye problem too. I've been lucky so far but sooner or later, I guess I would have ended up with one. I'm not game to make her wink in case it gets stuck again. Lucky she's a display doll so it doesn't make a huge difference.
DeleteSaber's hair looks like it's been a bit blushed at the front. It's kind of strange because I've not seen that before. I thought it was gradient too but it really does look like someone has taken some blush and slapped it around the front sections of her hair.