For the Pullips I bought to be mostly display dolls (Mad Hatter and Alice), this is fine as I won't tend to want to pose them an awful lot but for the two I want to actually pose with, I will have to look at getting a different body.
Luckily, my Mad Hatter's hair is not too bad and there isn't too much frizz and I managed to comb and tame Alice's hair back to her curls so it's a lot less frizzy. Nanachan's hair however is a nightmare and I will end up changing it out for something else in a similar colour.
I've decided Clara will be the first experiment and I'm trying to source a Pureneemo L body (which is really hard to find). If anyone happens to know where there are some in stock, feel free to mention in the comments.
Alice is back in her default outfit although I left off the apron and bodice bits. I kind of prefer her in this simple blue dress.
Hatter(Cyrene) never takes a bad photo. Her colouring just makes her face so beautiful.
Nanachan (Myla) always looks so innocent, it makes you wonder what she's done.
Clara did not like being made to wear anything other than black but she eventually surrendered to a higher power.
My Circus girls, Alice and Cyrene. Not exactly sure what they are doing.
Clara and her cat, Myla. Before she achieved the rank of Seventh Level Witch, Clara was performing a particularly difficult and complex transformation spell which worked ... too well rendering her cat Myla human, quite possibly permanently. However, Clara really likes the fact that Myla agrees with her about everything and is super loyal so she's happy to keep Myla human for a bit longer. Plus it's nice to have someone to talk to.
The next Pullip? I'm still procrastinating but here are a few contenders...
image from HobbySearch
Classical White Rabbit. I really love this adorable costume she has on plus I don't have the White Rabbit yet. And well, blue eyes is always a winner with me.
I'm also super curious about the Pullip shown in this blog post. Scroll down to the 4th and 5th photo on that post. As I can't really read Japanese that well, I don't know if that was just a show doll or whether Groove will release the Pullip at some stage to the public.
And that's pretty much it. My Pullip wishlist is pretty small. There are a lot of really nice dolls but I'm looking for that special something that wows me enough to want to own.








Your pullips look so cute next to each others!! I have heard that the pullip body isn't too good so there's a lot of people who puts them in obitsu bodies, though I'm not sure which size or how do they pose D:....
ReplyDeleteThe white rabbit pullip looks so cute!!! For me the most tempting Pullip in terms of character and clothes is the Lady Oscar one, though If I ever get a pullip I would go for one with a cute outfit since I would customize it. Or I don't know, maybe I could enhance the whole Lady Oscar look :o .... no plans for pullips atm though :)
That sanrio pullip looks cute, I hope it is a release and not a custom/show doll.
I know a lot seem to use the Obitsu bodies, I guess because they are easy to get and really affordable? My concern is whether Pullip clothing would fit those bodies as they do seem a touch more slender than the default bodies.
DeleteWell, it's always nice to dream and plan in case you ever cave to the Pullip temptation. Do you mean Oscar Francoise? If that is the one you mean, she's quite pretty. I like her face quite a bit.
Seems like the Sanrio Pullip is a display custom pullip. Oh well, still looks lovely though.
Yeah I meant that pullip. I don't watch anime these days, but I'm still a fan of that one (Lady osca/rose of versailles) :D
DeleteI haven't seen the anime either but now you have me curious. I will have to check it out. I think she is one of the prettier Pullips in their collection. It's funny that you mentioned her actually because I recently watched a review video of her when someone got her recently and thought she was pretty. I kind of like that whole vibe she has going on.
DeleteThe Sanrio Pullip is just a displayed custom in a Taipei show I believe (I went there.. but my Chinese reading is not good....) However there's a regular release My Melody & Hello Kitty Pullip available :3
ReplyDeleteI can offer some advice for the wigs - shampoo and conditioner for human hair works wonders on plastic hair sometimes, you can give the wigs a nice wash and conditioning treatment (leave the conditioner in longer) - that might help a bit!
As for Neemo bodies - make sure to find the white skinned ones! Same for Obitsu - as it seems all of your Pullips so far would match the white skin better ^^
Thanks for that info Irene. It's still a lovely custom though and I'm kind of relieved. It means I can keep my money in my wallet! Oh and I think I have seen the My Melody and Hello Kitty ones. They're not too bad. I will have to go and have a look at them a bit more closely.
DeleteThanks for the tip on the wigs. I might try that with NanaChan's wig as it's so frizzy. Alice's wig is not too bad but it probably wouldn't hurt to do her wig too.
Oh thanks for tip on the bodies. I actually have a white skin Neemo body. I should go see how it looks on the Pullip I intend to customise.
Hi Alasse,
ReplyDeleteYour Pullips look quite splendid, but I understand the frustration of not being able to pose them. It's exactly that which put me off my Blythes.
The bunny is very cute and lovable ( under other circumstances I would even be tempted by this one ).
Hugs,
X
I think I've just been a bit spoiled with the other dolls I have in my collection. Pullip bodies are definitely different to handle. I'm just glad you can customise them and change out their default bodies to something else!
DeleteI am still procrastinating on the bunny. I probably will sit on the decision for a while. I really like the outfit though but I've got a few things coming in end of this month so I have to hold off for another three months anyhow.