Thursday, 1 October 2015

It's good to be Pink!

Where has the week gone? Time is just whizzing past lately and I have a long list of projects to do.

But for right now, despite her tracking saying she was somewhere down south this morning, I found a slip when I got home from a doctor's appointment to say that I could pick her up from the Post Office.

I'm referring, of course, to the mystery Pureneemo girl who arrived today.


The booklet she came with.

She is my first Sahras a la mode Pureneemo doll.

She is a Sahra White x Pink. It took me a while to decide on her as I wasn't sure if I liked her outfit but I really liked her style of hair and the way her face was painted. She had been in stock for a while but I figured she would sell out. When she didn't after a few weeks, I decided it was a sign and purchased her.


Snug in her box. I really love that the cardboard inserts can be used as backdrops for these dolls. I think it's neat that Azone do that.

I'll talk first about the extras she came with (ie. she wasn't wearing in the box).


Her pink cardigan. It's so well made and I love the materials and the addition of the little pearl buttons.


Her gorgeous little headband. I'm glad I finally have a headband for one of these girls.


Cute little shoes. Not the best made shoes I think but they still look cute.

No extra hands for her sadly. I've found the only time I've got extra hands so far were from the Character Series line.


The gorgeous little lady herself. Seeing her outfit for myself, I have to admit, I really like the design. It reminds me a lot of Alice in Wonderland despite the fact her whole outfit does look a little Lolita themed. The outfit is well made and has detailed little touches like the front lacing on her bodice and all the trims on the skirt.

I think she will be the girl who wears this type of stuff in my crew.

I wasn't sure what I would think of her as she comes on the M body and I do like the S body but after seeing her, I rather like her on the taller body. She has a big sister vibe going on.

Hubby thinks that I should name her Olga or Helga because she looks like a barmaid. Needless to say, I will not be doing that. I thought about the name Alice but I already have an Alice in one of the other collections so I changed her name to Rosaline.


Here she is with my finished fleece bear (third attempt at this pattern). I rather like how this turned out. Still a few things that I want to iron out but overall, I think I'm improving.


A random photo of Willow in the new leggings I made her. No pattern was used. I just kind of traced around her leg and measured up the crotch area and added an extra strip for a waistband (I think yoga pants are made in a similar way with the additional waistband?) Doing the "pattern" this way gave her a nice snug fit which I wanted for leggings.

4 comments:

  1. Awww congrats on the new cutie! ♥ The outfit looks really pretty, I like especially the cardigan~ That version of Sahra is really pretty with those bright blue eyes! Rosaline name suits her perfectly, I think! (Also, I agree with the title that it's good to be pink ;3)

    Little Willow seems happy with her new leggings :3 They bring a nice splash of color to her outfit~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really wasn't sure on the outfit but I'm glad I did get her because I do like the outfit although I might end up making more of a peasant type blouse to go with the pink outer layer of the outfit. I haven't tried the cardigan on her yet but I'm sure someone will wear it. I can't believe how fast my Pureneemo clothing pile has grown!!

      I saw this fabric and thought it was a nice scale for dolls. Like the pattern on the fabric too.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your new arrival, she is absolutely the cutest~ I'm a fan of this style of dark blushed cheeks recently ^^ Her hair is also very pretty
    It's great to see you sewing so much :D but isn't it really hard to sew things on such a tiny scale? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is I believe the only Pureneemo I have that has that dark blushed cheeks with the small white dots. I love the bright blue eyes and blonde hair combination (which I don't have in my collection until now).

      I seem to be in the sewing zone lately. Between the plushies and the doll clothing, I'm keeping busy. I also found a great tutorial on making a My Melody plushie which I am keen to try.

      I actually find it easier to sew on tiny scale because it's faster and less fabric is needed. I handsew all my doll clothing so it's actually quite easy and relaxing for me plus I can catch up on tv shows while I do it too!

      Delete