It's been a busy week with the hubby injured (dislocated shoulder) but Christmas waits for no one. Leaving him at home with a cup of coffee and his computer (he can at least still use one arm!) I made my way out to brave the shops to check on some Christmas present ideas. I was at K-Mart and wasn't going to check the MH dolls but decided to at the last minute.
Why, oh why, are all the dolls on my wishlist hidden right at the back? Anyway, after moving all the Boo York dolls aside, I found the Scarnival Draculaura who has been on my wishlist since I started getting into collecting these dolls. I honestly didn't think I would ever get her as I have never seen her in any of our stores here so was pretty excited to find her today.
This gives me hope that maybe I might be able to stumble on Scaritage Operetta one day ...
Moving on to the pretty stuff ...
I kind of went a bit snap happy with her but well, I was excited and she's so gorgeous.
The box. I kind of understand now why some MH collectors get two of these dolls, one to un-box and play with and the other to keep pristine in their boxes. I mean, look at her in that box. She's just so perfect. I was tempted again ...
But ... a few minutes later ...
Without the plastic cover, you can see her in more detail. I love the backgrounds these dolls come with. Although the way they are usually posed inside the boxes reminds me a little of the squashed fairies from the Lady Cottington books (the ones illustrated by Brian Froud - my favourite artist).
To see this photo better, you can click on the image to view it at its bigger size.
She doesn't come with a stand or brush so she's classed as a "basic line" doll. All the basic line dolls don't come with a stand or brush but that's okay as I already have so many MH brushes!
She comes with a balloon game thingy, a small pink key and her pet Count Fabulous (it's the bat plushie lookie thing). Her shoes are a gorgeous hot pink with blue platform style soles and heels shaped like a heart. Her dress is a gorgeous one piece outfit consisting of a striped shirt and hot pink skirt with heart illustrations and a matching bow. Her face screening is made of hot pink tones which go well with her fabulous black and hot pink hair.
She has no styling product at all in her hair which is great. Her hair fibre is really soft to the touch. She's just made really well and poses wonderfully.
I am pretty happy that I was able to get her as it didn't seem likely for a long time (and I wasn't even looking to purchase another MH doll so soon either!) I have learned though with these dolls, get them when you see them otherwise they may not come back in stock at all.
She's a little shy when it comes to showing off her fangs.
Hanging out with Count Fabulous.
She discovered some little people just standing around doing not much of anything. (Look at that hair! It's my favourite part of her.)
She also discovered an old vintage car that she decided to claim as her own.
Never get between a girl and her car.
I had such a great time taking photos of her. She's so photogenic ...well, most MH dolls are I have found. And this is the first time I've really played around with the posing on these bodies. They seem to be able to do quite a bit.
Hmm, I seem to have collected quite a few Draculauras now. How did that happen?









Oh my your MH collection is growing so quickly. She is a beauty though Alasse. :)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
X
To be honest, I am kind of running out of room now! I think because they aren't as breakable as my BJDs, I am not as freaked out playing around with these dolls as much.
DeleteShe is really lovely XD When will you share a picture of your collection? :O
ReplyDeleteI am hoping to share a photo of everyone at some point. I did take a few photos a couple of weeks ago but sadly, those photos of the entire collection didn't turn out how I wanted so I have to retake them again.
DeleteWooo I love her shoes the most :D!!!
ReplyDeleteHope your husband is feeling better already!
Me too. I wonder how practical shoes like that would be in terms of actually working as heeled shoes?
DeleteHe is but it's going to take two months before he can get the full use of his shoulder back which means I'll be doing a lot of the heavy lifting around here!
Ooh, this Draculaura is so lovely! Well done you for finding her! You seem to have a knack for that... Maybe when you go over to Japan next time, you'll find some Azone gems for us! ;D
ReplyDeleteI love the photos you took of her. She's rather expressive, isn't she! (quite like that little car, too)
And I wasn't even expecting to go home with another doll that day. I was just checking cause it's reflex now since I started collecting MH.
DeleteYeah I can't wait to go to Japan again. I'm hoping there will be Azones there that aren't easy to get. I mean, it's an Azone store so surely we can pick up some of the older ones right?
She is so easy to photograph. And she looks so pretty. She's sitting on a chair I made out of an old box and she looks like she dominates that shelf.