I purchased these dolls about two weeks ago but haven't really posted them here until now. One of the toy stores that were closing down re-opened under new management and I picked up these two girls for a very big discounted price during their re-opening sale.
I think the appeal of these dolls for me is buying them off the shelf and having them straight away. It's been nice to be able to get dolls like this as I've never been able to until now. It's a nice change of pace.
I love Monster High box art. They always put eye catching designs on them. I purchased Lagoona Blue from the Monster Exchange line and Twyla from the Haunted line.
We'll start with Lagoona.
She is the daughter of the Sea Monster and in the webisodes and movies, she's portrayed as being from "Down Under" with a distinctly Australian accent. It's hard not to see why I wanted a Lagoona in my collection however I've not been really taken with a lot of the releases of her until this line came out. That hair was just so gorgeous and I really liked the face screening on her.
Let's start with her shoes. They are a lovely black colour with a pink rose and remind me of bubbles. Her black headpiece is a rose and her "crown" reminds me a little of coral. She is also wearing pink earrings shaped like an octopus. Her handbag is functional and beautifully designed. I love her outfit. It's a one piece with extra frill skirt parts and a tiny little jacket.
Twyla is the daughter of the Boogeyman. I've only really seen one webisode with her in it so far and I simply love her house. She's also in the Haunted movie and I think 13 Wishes. Like all the Haunted dolls, she has a similar face screening but in a different colour. I love the translucency of her skin.
From what I can tell, her character seems to be the fairly quiet, keep to herself kind but seems pretty intelligent and knowledgeable.
She comes with a gorgeous little headband and a blue bracelet which I still have no idea what it is but my Haunted Draculaura also came with the same bracelet. Her shoes remind me of some sort of gel and is possibly one of my favourite shoes. Her outfit is a simple one piece dress with a chain style belt.
Her hair is my favourite part of her. I really love this colouring.
I'm happy that I decided to buy these two girls. They fit nicely with my growing collection.




Twyla must be the MH doll with the most amazing color combinations I've seen so far~ she is really lovely and her make-up also looks gorgeous ~ Congrats on your new purchases! x3
ReplyDeleteThanks and I have to agree with you there. I just really love her colouring quite a bit, especially this version. I think in her signature version, her hair has dark blue streaks through it.
DeleteI don't do much with MH dolls, but I do look at them a lot and I wouldn't have known that's what they were if you hadn't said so. They're so different from the usual ones! I love Lagoona's hair and face! And Twyla's chain belt!
ReplyDeleteI'm always happy to surprise people with these dolls. I think for me, I fell in love with them after watching a few of the movies and since watching all the webisodes, I like them even more. I just love the message behind these dolls and well, monsters. You can never go wrong with those.
DeleteRight? Monsters are always fabulous.
DeleteI had no idea there were movies or webisodes. I must live under a rock. No wonder it's always so dark here....
Wow, Twyla is really stunning and seems quite different to the rest of the MH dolls I think I've seen. I like Laguna's cute freckly face... she must definitely be from Queensland, lol!
ReplyDeleteAnd, all the MH dolls have got such awesome shoes... I want shoes like that for me! (though I'm sure I'd fall over half the time in heels that high!)
Congrats on the two new ones!
Have to agree with you there, Lagoona is definitely a queenslander.
DeleteTwyla is also shorter than the other girls. I'll have to bring her along next time so you can see the height difference. She also has really interesting swirls from her feet to halfway up her calves and the same from her hands to part-way up her arms.
And thank you! I think I am rapidly reaching my max. limit. At last count, I have 12!!!
Both girls are lovely. but I'm surprised with Twyla's face, it almost looks like a custom face up, it's that different from what I usually see in this type of dolls, and also I'm obsessed with lilac and mint things so she's the perfect combination of those colors. Love the box too hehe
ReplyDeleteIt must be nice to purchase dolls and be able to open them right away!
All the girls in the Haunted line have similar face screening and it's definitely something I haven't seen from MH before and I think is part of the reason the dolls really appealed to me. I have been loving how they are doing face screenings lately. They're coming up with some new and fresh designs.
DeleteOh it is such a treat to be able to buy a doll and open them as soon as I get home. It's also kind of addictive to be honest. After years of pre-orders and waiting for months for dolls to arrive, being able to buy dolls off the shelf is like Christmas to me. I'm really glad I got into them because I do love the dolls and now I get to look in my doll cabinet and see such a big variety of different doll lines. Puts a big ole smile on my face.
Hi Alasse!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the two new additions! I can see how these dolls can get to you when they come with such great props and instant box opening! Love their colours :)
Hugs
X
Thank you Xanadu! The fact that these are so colourful is part of the attraction. They're just so different from other dolls and it really appeals to the rebel in me. Also, I kind of wish I could dye my hair like some of these dolls. I love the colour combination but my hair would need an awful lot of bleach to be able to even get the colours to show so at least I can dream through the dolls!
Delete