I mentioned in my post yesterday that I came home from the meet on Thursday with some goodies including some new faces ... literally.
But first, let's start off with the girls, Kora and Sif.
I call them my Christmas girls because these lovely dresses made by my very talented friend remind me a little of Christmas.
We'll start with Sif. She is wearing this gorgeous green number complete with ribbons.
Kora models a black and red number oozing charm and attitude.
Both dresses were made for my two girls that are on the S Flection body although they also fit the M body quite well. They're just a touch shorter on them because of their height. I prefer them on these girls though because it just looks super cute on them.
I am always in awe of my friend's sewing superpower. She always makes such detailed intricate outfits. I adore the colours on my girls. They are both pleased as punch. I even got Sif into a dress which is pretty impressive.
I also got this cute little dress sweater from my friend (made by Coolcat). I managed to coax Freya out of her black dress and into this. She looks super cute in it.
Remember how I mentioned faces? Yep, some cute cu-poche faces I got from my friend. She has opened my eyes to hybrids for these pvc figures.
I also got a head which I am now using on the new gym suit body I got recently.
I love this expression. She kind of looks a bit out of it.
She has no idea where that came from.
Yes, they do stand on their own without their magnetic base. Which is awesome.
So I bet you can tell what I'll be doing for the next few days, switching out faces on the cu-poche girls. Love playing musical faces!









Hi Alasse!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had Christmas early, with all that lovely eye candy ~ how spoilt are you!, The dresses are really lovely, great colour combinations.
Well I suppose you'll be so busy playing musical heads for quite some time, looks like fun ~ enjoy it!
Thanks for sharing . :)
Hugs,
X
I feel very lucky that's for sure! Wish I could find nice fabric like that. Mine seem to be a little out of scale most of the time!
DeleteI don't know why I never thought of changing out faces with all the different characters I have. It would be neat to see one of those girls on the Saber body. That could have been a great Halloween photo. Oh well.
Those dresses are amazing as I noticed in your last post, does your friend have a shop by any chance? She does really good work!
ReplyDeleteThose faces can make for wonderful photo stories, can't wait to see what interesting things you'll come up with x33
She does indeed have an Etsy shop but I don't believe she has anything on there yet. She's working to get some stock up for purchase. I'll be spotlighting the shop on the blog once she lets me know she is open for business.
DeleteI love the different expressions that come with these figures. They're quite a bit of fun.
I didn't know you could exchange the faces for other faces from other figures haha but it makes sense! plus it gives you so much variety :D
ReplyDeleteYour friend has so much talent, love the dresses!
I didn't know or even think to try to be honest. It's definitely opened my eyes to new possibilities!
DeleteShe is very talented. She always has such detail in her clothing and has a knack for picking great fabric. I always struggle with fabric choices.
They're so adorable!!! I love all these sweet anime girls you have - it makes me want some too. You take such wonderful photos of them.
ReplyDeleteI know nothing about PVC figures (though I do think I pre-ordered that Joker you showed me. I tried anyway, we'll see if it worked!) but hybridizing always makes me go "oooh!". The possibilities!
Thanks! They are a lot of fun to play around with and not as fragile as bjds. At least for me!
DeleteOooh I hope you were able to pre-order Joker. I think he looks pretty neat. Hopefully that means they might be re-releasing more in the Batman line...
I love looking at them, they look like so much fun!
Deleteoh god if they do I'll have to have Batman!! I could stop at him....but he'd be a must! I hope it works too. Keeping my fingers crossed for sure.
I love the girls you chose to wear the Dollybird outfits! Sif looks really great in the green one.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you like them. I had fun making them. It was refreshing to use someone else's pattern for a change! And it was just lucky that I got the two new size S girls so I could try it on that body before giving them to you. I didn't realise just how different even the M and S bodies are (though they're more alike than XS and anything!).
The Cu-poche girl looks great on the gym body, and the Tsukiko faces work really well with the purple hair, don't they? I've put my remaining Tsukiko face on a hybrid Nendoroid/Cu-poche body... I discovered that I can put Nendoroid legs on Cu-poche hips. :) I'm so glad you made me want to give Cu-poches another chance.
Sif resisted the dress for a bit but I managed to get her in it in the end and she just looks so adorable.
DeleteEven with patterns, I am still in awe that you were able to make sense of it all. I had a look at those diagrams and felt so overwhelmed. I don't think I could have put it together at all.
Oooh that sounds like a neat hybrid. I bet the Nendoroid legs look cute on the Cu-poche bodies. I am having a lot of fun with those faceplates. Makes me want to order another Cu-poche just to swap out all the bodies, heads and faces.