My very first Pop Vinyl doll arrived today but I'll post about that another day. All I'll say is, I like them and I might be getting more.
Today, I wanted to post about one of my FR dolls. Namely, Maxine. I was sort of fiddling with her on her stand and thought I would see if she could actually stand unassisted. All of the FR dolls tend to have the heeled type feet (the only one I am aware of that has flat feet are the Poppy Parker and FR Nippon Misaki dolls but I could be wrong).
So I decided to test my theory. Imagine my excitement when I made it work.
She actually held this pose for a while. I feel like she's looking into something that we, the viewer can't see or maybe she's just trying to look who is on the other side of the camera lens...
I also tried her in this pose.
She held this for a short period before falling over backwards. That was pretty much the extent of the standing unassisted poses I could do without her falling over straight away.
I was pretty chuffed about it. I think a lot has to do with the fact that her boots have very wide, very flat heels. Hmm, I wonder if they would fit MH shoes. I'll put that on my to do list to try.
After that, I just decided to go ahead and continue to shoot some more photos of her.
Waiting for the train or something.
She got bored sitting around waiting.
What's a photoshoot without a selfie?
I also updated the BJD profile page. Tobias is now the illustrator of the Cloud 9 comic alongside its story writer, Cedric Kane. Cloud 9 is the story all my FR characters are in.
For those who haven't been reading my blog all that long, in short, Cloud 9 is the story of what happens to a soul after death. These souls are known as "Echoes" and are assigned to a sector within the CLOUD system. They are then assigned Handlers within that sector whose primary goal is to help the Echoes come to terms with the end of their mortal life and proceed to the ultimate afterlife choice.
My FR dolls are the current crew of Cloud 9 and Maxine is one of the newer Echoes that have been assigned to this particular sector. For her to progress to the next stage, she needs to remember her 'death' which she does not. At least, not yet.
She is seen as fairly approachable and optimistic. She has a good relationship with her Handler. Alexia.





Your story is very interesting, will you ever write it down or make a photostory and share it with us? I hope so~!
ReplyDeleteI am thinking about doing it as a comic although I have posted some short introductions. You can find them under the tag "Cloud9".
DeleteShe's gorgeous!!! Love the selfie photo so much haha it really looks like a selfie!
ReplyDeleteThat's an interesting story :o~
I am really glad it looks like a selfie. I wasn't sure but have always wanted to try one like this.
DeleteI have a fascination with what constitutes a 'soul' so thought it'd be neat to explore what happens to it in the afterlife.
Maxine looks pretty, love her style! I think it's fun to take photos of dolls taking selfies :D
ReplyDeleteAlso seconding Irene's question, will you ever make a photostory or share your story in written format? :)
Got to admit, she's my first try at doll selfie but it was fun.
DeleteI will most likely post the story as a comic although I have posted introductions under the "Cloud9" tag. I have a few room sets in mind, I just wish scrapbook paper came in something other than just A4 size!
I'm not familiar with these dolls Alasse, but boy that eye makeup sure reminds me of what I used to wear in the 60's. LOL! It's a lovely photo shoot though, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
X
Good catch Xanadu! These dolls were designed and based off the Monsieur Z art which were full of very 60s style characters. Although most of Integrity's dolls all do have that 60s vibe going on. This year, one of the lines were inspired by the Model Scene era of the 60s. I think that's the attraction for me because I love the hairstyles and clothing designs of that era quite a bit. I just wish I could find something similar to Eve to wear because I could totally see her decked out in 60s fashion and style.
Delete