Thursday, 26 November 2015

MH: Elissabat

Back when Elissabat first appeared on shelves as part of the Frights, Camera, Action edition, for some reason, I didn't end up getting her. I did get the Operetta from that edition though.

Fast forward almost a year later and I decided that I rather liked that particular doll but unfortunately, she was nowhere to be found. She had this cool goth vibe that appealed to me but it wasn't until I actually watched the movie, Frights, Camera, Action that I decided it'd be nice to collect her.

Last weekend, I went to Toys 'r' Us to hunt for a present for my sister's two year old son and thought I'd take a quick look at the MH dolls. I couldn't see her anywhere there and was just walking away when I thought, I better check at the back. And to my surprise found the only Elissabat from that edition I had seen available in my town (by that point I had already checked all the stores that sell these dolls). I got lucky, again.


This is one of my favourite box designs for MH dolls. I often sometimes consider leaving the dolls in their boxes because well, just look at her in there. I was very tempted but I ended up taking her out of the box. I have a need to play.



Out of the box. Her dress consists of two parts, the dress itself and a jacket which is kind of like a bolero. I think she looks good with it on and off.


She came with a black stand and black brush. She also came with a logie (silver hand) and a small vinyl record (not pictured). I adore the colour of her hair which is black/purple. This is the colour I'd love to dye my  hair as if I could.

Close up of her dress, with and without the jacket.

Her shoes are really detailed and gorgeous. And that face screening just works so well with that hair colour.

According to the movie, Elissabat is Draculaura's cousin and the new Queen of the Vampires. She's also a famous movie star.


I really love this photo of her. I think she is one of my favourites, definitely. Plus those hands, they are so delicate in shape. She certainly looks like royalty here.


Elissabat: I don't know if I'd make a good Queen.
Draculaura: Of course you will. Leave everything to me.


Draculaura with her new glasses. She definitely looks like a secretary now. This particular Draculaura is fast becoming my second favourite of the Draculaura dolls I have. My favourite is the Shibooya one. She's doing either butterfly or spirit fingers here...

10 comments:

  1. She is really neat! But I think Draculaura with the glasses kind of steals the spotlight; she's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She kinda does steal that spotlight doesn't she? It's the glasses. They have authority.

      Delete
  2. Mmm, I can see why you are taken with her Alasse. Love the colour and desight of her dress. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That and I love the colour purple and she's very full of purple. I love her hands too, they are my favourite part. I haven't seen the other MH girls with those sorts of hands yet. At least the ones I have.

      Delete
  3. I love this girl's gothic / dark purple style! She is gorgeous, and those new (?) hand sculpts are sooo nice :D
    Draculaura looks so great with glasses, she has to be my fav. out of the MH series :D I wish to have a custom face-up Draculaura one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have noticed that the hand sculpts seem to be different for the characters which is a nice little detail. She's the only one in my collection with this kind of hand so far but I love it. It's very ... fluttery.

      Oh I have seen some lovely custom Draculaura's around. She seems like a popular choice for a lot of custom face ups. It's that pink skin. It's just a lovely shade.

      Delete
  4. I really like the colors of Elissabat, so much purple! ♥ Draculaura is adorable with her glasses as well :) I really enjoy seeing MH dolls in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, purple is good. I really love her hair colour. I want my hair that colour. The entire theme for Elissabat is just pretty amazing. I think it's one the best dolls MH have released. If they make this girl in the 17" size, I'm totally getting her.

      I'm glad to hear that as I seem to be posting a lot about MH dolls lately. They are just so easy to get addicted to, but possibly because they are also easily attainable.

      Delete
  5. Now she looks like a proper secretary!! love those glasses on her :D!!!
    And your new girl is stunning too, I really like her hair and the box is one of the prettiest I've seen, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All thanks to your inspiration :-) I think the glasses suit her which is good. I had been wondering who would wear these as the doll it came with won't be.

      I am always so tempted to keep these dolls displayed in their boxes but I like to 'handle' things so I just can't help myself. I like being able to wash out their hair and pose them to take photos and change them out of their default clothing every now and then ...so I'd be hopeless at trying to keep them in their boxes!

      Delete