Wednesday, 16 December 2015

Madam Butterfly

I'm reworking the figures collection pages and splitting them into two Groups, one for Figma and 1/8 scale figures and the other for Nendoroids & Cu-poche. So I'm slowly retaking photos for these sections. While having all my figmas out, I thought it'd be cool to take some extra shots to share.


I don't take photos much of this figure because as you can see, her character design is very intricate. She also comes with a parasol and big massive butterfly wings which are a bit weird to keep in place and get in the way of everything. She is Kuroyukihime from Accel World. I haven't seen the anime but I just love that dress. Plus it helps her to stand on her own without aid.



Contemplating whether to use her powers or not is my guess. I really love her face design. Makes her look both serious and a little uncertain of herself.


These two don't get much photo time either. They are currently my only "school" type characters in the figma set. Nene Anagasaki from Love Plus and Kamijo Touma from Majutsu no Index. Again, haven't seen the anime/game etc these two are from although I am curious about the Index one.

Is it just me or does he look like he is inspecting his fingernails here?


What is a figma shoot without Roger and Dorothy? They are possibly one of my favourite duos after Stein's Gates' Makise and Okabe. I'm still pretty thankful I was able to track down Roger so I could pair him with Dorothy. I need to do more shoots with these two.

I have to retake photos for my new Nendoroid as the ones I took initially did not turn out so good so I'm hoping to get that done at some stage. Next up though is the photoshoot for the Nendoroid & Cu-poche collection page and a new banner I think. I'm kind of bored with the current one.

Also if you're into anime, I've recently started watching Durarara. Mostly because the name kind of intrigued me but I'm on Episode 17 and I'm actually finding that I rather like this anime. It's different from the ones I'm used to and have seen before. The pacing can be a bit slow to start with but the mysteries just keep piling up and there was a twist recently I did not see coming. That tickled me pink as it's been a while since an Anime surprised me like that. I'm also pretty excited to watch the new Ghost in the Shell movie at some point.

4 comments:

  1. the dress of the first figure is so pretty!!! But Roger is still my favorite, though I have no idea where is he from haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? Although I have to admit, not sure how it would hold up if it was an actual wearable dress!

      Roger is from The Big O anime. The anime itself reminds me of the ones back in the late 80s but think big mecha fighting bad guys with Roger at the helm and you've got the general gist of the show with a bit of mystery thrown in for good measure.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes it's fun to buy something beautiful without knowing where it came from XD I found a shop full of really cool Nendoroids two days ago and I really wanted to buy one ~ though I had no idea where that figure was from (it was wearing a bear blanket/pajamas)
    All your figure photos are really gorgeous ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh be careful there, once you get one Nendoroid, you can get easily hooked! Plus they are so small that it's easy to store them, at least that's my logic when purchasing!

      That sounds like Umaru. I don't know what she's from either but one of my favourite figure photographers has her and takes some really cute photos of her. I am tempted by her as well ...

      If you ever decide to get into them, I can't recommend Hobbysearch enough. They are my go to online store for most of my figure and pureneemo orders. Really great customer service. I've been ordering from them for years now (since 2011 or 2010 I think). And the best prices for a lot of the stuff I order.

      Thank you. Figure photography is a challenge for me and a whole new ballgame from bjd photography. They are so much smaller both in scale and details so it's sometimes hard to capture that.

      Delete