Thursday, 7 January 2016

Liebster Award 2016



I was tagged the Liebster Award by Safir (thank you for the tag and you know I love these memes!)

The rules:
1. Thank the person who presented you the award and link back to their blog.
2. Post the award image on your blog.
3. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs with less than 200 followers.
5. Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer.
6. List these rules in your post.
7. Inform the people you chose of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog and link them your post.

Safir's questions to me:

1. Do you prefer enjoying the hobby by yourself or by socializing a lot with other people (meet-ups etc.)?
I would have to say I enjoy getting to know other people in this hobby whether it's via meet-ups or blogs etc.

2. Do you ever take a doll with you when you travel?
I haven't yet but then I really don't travel very often but next time I do travel, I will be, not only for the great photo opportunities but because I am curious what airport security will make of a doll travelling in my handbag!

3. Is there any doll/figure that you didn't like at first, but then later fell in love with?
My Pureneemo Aika. When she first arrived, I wasn't really all that sure about her but later on once I had redressed her, I started to fall in love with her.

4. If you miss a limited doll, do you want to hunt down that exact one or wait for new similar releases ?
I just put it down to the universe obviously didn't intend for me to get that doll so I just tend to move on.

5. Have you ever thought of quitting the hobby? If so, why?
Nope. The thought has never crossed my mind and that's a pretty big thing for me as I do sometimes get bored with things. This hobby has really inspired me to do things I wouldn't normally have attempted (like sewing, crochet and making plushies). So it keeps my creative juices flowing.

6. What company has impressed you the most and why?
This is a really tough one. I am a fan of a lot of companies and I think all of them are very innovative in terms of design and engineering, always coming out with new things, however, one company has really impressed me recently and that is Little Monica with their newest Muse Harmony line. The idea of using magnets to assemble an entire body is a new one (not just on hands and feet) and I will be interested to see where this heads and what the feedback is like from those who bought this line.

7. If you had to get a doll of some existing anime/movie/game/other character, who would it be?
If we're talking doll and not figure as there is already a 1/8 scale figure of her available, I would have to say Celty from Durarara. I find her backstory intriguing and a little tragic.

8. Do you prefer male or female dolls/figures?
I don't really have a preference but then it depends on the doll line. For my FR collection, I prefer the girls as their fashion sets are a lot more elaborate, for the MH collection, definitely the girls, they are just more interesting to me. As for the other collections, no real preference.

9. What is the most memorable comment that you've gotten about your hobby?
I'm actually still waiting for that one. Most of the comments I get from people are along the lines of, "You're an adult, why do you play with dolls?"

10. Which one do you enjoy more - reading or watching TV/movies?
Definitely reading, one hundred percent. I enjoy visualizing the scenes in my head. Strangely enough when I read Harry Potter, I saw him as he appeared in the movies and this was before the movies were even in production. The author had so vividly drawn an image of him through her writing that he was very easy to visualize.

11. If you had your own doll company, what kind of dolls would you make?
This is a really interesting question. Let me see ... I would love to churn out a line of dryads. I've always wanted my own dryad doll but have never found anything that fit.

________________________________________________________________________

My 11 Questions to those tagged:

1.What drew you to the hobby?
2. What was your first doll? Why did you choose that one?
3. What was your 2015 doll regret?
4. Did you sell any dolls in 2015?
5. Do your doll characters have their own theme song?
6. What style best describes your doll collection? (Fantasy, goth, punk etc.)
7. What sort of aesthetics do you look for in a doll?
8. Have you built or plan to build any dioramas for your dolls?
9. What is your 2016 doll wishlist?
10. Do you have a 'fantasy' wishlist? (ie. dolls that you will never own unless you won lotto etc.)
11. What do you love most about the hobby?



And the people I'm tagging this award to are:(okay, not the recommended 5 but everyone else who blogs seems to have already been tagged for this and I wanted to tag a few other blogs I read that haven't been...)

Xanadu of Xanadu Dolls
VampireAngel13 of Paint It Black Studio
Randomfish of Atelier Randomfish


6 comments:

  1. It's so interesting to see your answers as we share the same set of questions :)

    Limited releases are tricky are they not? sometimes you can miss one and regret it or you can get one and regret it after too. Serafina was an impulse buy because She was limited and She spent so much time blank that I was regretting getting her. Luckily for me the face up made all the difference and I wouldn't part with her, She's just lovely. I also think like you though, if I miss a limited doll it just wasn;t meant to be. And I've missed A LOT XD.

    I think the Harry Potter movies were very spot on with many of the things in the book, It's always interesting to see how a director's vision differs from our own and that's why I tend to read books first so I can imagine everything from scratch and then see TV series/ books, though sometimes it's the other way around, but that tends to "contaminate" my imagination (I see the actors when imagining the characters and not my own vision of the characters).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I missed a lot of my grail FR dolls because I started collecting after they were all released in previous years so it's next to impossible to get them now and if I do find them, they have tripled in value and price. So I've long since resigned myself to never getting my hands on them and that's okay. Maybe there is a better doll to come in the future right?

      I know what you mean, it's why I read the books first too. I refuse to see the movies first if I can help it. I have to say though my vision of the Hunger Games was nothing like the movie director's vision! So it was interesting to see how someone else saw the characters.

      Delete
  2. Hi Alasse,
    Firstly congrats on the award and thanks for tagging me. I enjoyed reading your answers and I particularly loved your idea of the Dryad dolls, I thnk they would be fabulous. What wondeful stories we could conjour up for them too!

    I've been sewing most of the afternoon, but I did manage to answer your questions, be they short and to the point. I'm not really much good at these sorts of things. I hope you didn't mind, but I used the same questions you gave me for my tags, my brain was elsewhere today thinking about the next step in making my diorama.
    Big Squishy Hugs,

    P.S. We've been watching the Harry Potter movies this week.
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Xanadu! I am looking forward to reading your answers! And I agree, we need more Dryad dolls in the hobby! I actually thought of making one of the RS dolls into a Dryad at one point as they have the darker tan option and then getting bark-like carvings on the resin but I could never find anyone who could do such an intensive mod (plus the cost!) and ended up abandoning the idea.

      I don't mind at all that you used the same questions. I know it was hard to come up with questions that hadn't been asked before!

      Oh you make me want to do a Harry Potter marathon! It's been forever since I saw the first few movies. I saw the last movies only recently. I have all of them on DVD so I'd love to watch from the start.

      Delete
  3. I've actually carried 6 full SD sized dolls in pieces in my hand luggage on an airplane before and secury said... nothing. XD But I do wonder what it looks like on the X-ray machine o_O;;;

    I'm also curious about the entirely magnetized body... it hasn't worked well for me with fairyland dollies so far (mine kept losing their hands and feet...)

    I'm with you on the reading ~ x3 it's more fun to imagine something and stretch it out as long as you'd like or skip over it if you don't like it! x3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, I would have loved to have seen what showed up on the x-ray machine too. Maybe airport security are used to all sorts of things ...

      The magnets for a body made entirely of magnets should be strong to keep all the parts together, you would think. I am curious how the body poses though because in my mind, I think it could pose similar to hinge joint dolls as the magnets themselves would be in the way ....I mean is posing limited because of this? The other concern that crossed my mind was how magnets degrade over time, even the ones in the resin heads often come out or go a bit weird so I'd be curious how this issue would be addressed. I am certainly quite curious to see the reviews when they start popping up.

      I'm reading the third book by Ransom Riggs at the moment "Library of Souls" and it's interesting what I'm visualizing and this is the appeal of books to me. Movies kind of already give you what things look like but books ... books let you imagine.

      Delete