Chiika is actually a birthday present from my husband even though my birthday is a few weeks away yet but he was okay with me opening her up now.
I was lucky to even be able to pre-order her as I missed the first three pre-orders but managed to snag her on my fourth try.
Out of the box, she has a bit of a bed hair syndrome and parts are very flyaway with some strands a bit kinked but otherwise quite lovely and soft. Because of the way her headpiece was sent, the fabric is all a bit deformed so doesn't look flush on her head. I'm sure I can fix this by ironing it.
She's pictured with everything she comes with. It's a shame there is no extra hand parts but the other accessories make up for it.
Close up of the face. You can see a bit better here how scruffy her hair looks in places. Lucky she has such an adorable face that I can forgive that.
I think I will call her Pinea.
She also came with her little storybook all written in Japanese. The photos are quite nice. They also included instructions on how to make that matchbox in her hands along with the little matches. That was pretty neat.
When I first saw the promo photos for her, I was reminded of Audrey Hepburn at the start of the movie My Fair Lady.
This next arrival is one I've been incredibly stressed out about. I had her sent International Priority from the USA however she seems to have taken the long way around. She was picked up for shipment on the 14th December but didn't actually leave the US until the 20th and had a layover in Japan before finally getting to Sydney and sitting there with no more movement since the 26th. She just happened to turn up this morning along with my HS Chiika order.
In November, I was able to enter a lottery through the W Club to win the right to purchase IT Airways Poppy Parker. I entered but really didn't think I'd win because I hadn't won any of the lotteries I had entered during the year. I was pretty happy when I got the winner email.
So after a month of worrying when/if she would ever get here, she finally arrived. I was feeling a little ambivalent about her and had even considered just selling her on when she got here but once I saw her, I knew she was a keeper. She was worth the wait even if she stressed me out to no end!
She came in this gorgeous box. The Poppy Parker theme for 2015 was The Model Scene.
All snug inside the box. She comes with a full-set extra outfit (including shoes) in addition to the one she is wearing. She also comes with simple silver stud earrings and a small IT Airways badge plus her bag and an extra set of gloved hands.
She has the more tan skintone which I love. She can also stand unaided although not as stable as my Misaki. She face-planted during this photoshoot.
I had been warned that some people got this Poppy with tons of gel on her hair even some gel on her face. Mine had a bit of gel, mostly on the fringe but nothing on her face. I just washed it out and it was all fine.
I think she is a little miffed here that no one was there to greet her when she arrived at the Transporter. She's a recent transfer from Cloud 7 who are doing some budget cuts of their staff and because she is good at her job and has a high standing, she was transferred to Cloud 9. Her name is Sina Myles. In the earlier Cloud 9 shorts I have posted, you don't see but you do hear the camera person and I had the idea that Poppy could be that person. Originally it was supposed to be a male doll but the ones I wanted are older releases and are way too pricey on the second-hand market and I don't like a lot of the newer male releases. So Poppy fit the bill perfectly. Plus she looks very efficient.
I'll do an introduction short of her at some stage with some of the other dolls.
For the curious, comparison between a Pureneemo and a Fashion Royalty doll.









Wahh, Chiika is so cute x3 she is actually my fav. sculpt from Azone! :D I especially like her with the open mouth!
ReplyDeletePoppy is gorgeous, her eye make-up is so pretty and she is soooo tall compared to pureneemos! XD omg!
She is pretty cute with the open mouth version. You don't see many of her like that do you?
DeleteShe's a lot taller and thinner than my Pureneemo girl. Well, at leas the S body. I was pretty amused by the size of their heads though compared to each other. Poppy's head is so small!
I'm in love with Poppy XD! She's so pretty and i want to steal her bag D:!!! love the extra outfit!! and ehr face is so pretty! it looks nice on the photo you posted on flickr but that close up is really nice, I can see everything *u*
ReplyDeleteYour new Chiika is super cute too! But I think Poppy stole ehr thunder for this post haha XD
Congrats on the arrivals!
Poppy has a very striking face, I think that's what makes her stand out. I agree with you about her bag. That would be a pretty awesome bag to own. Would be nice if they did some of the fashion accessories in human size.
DeleteI like that her face screening is mostly understated except for those pink lips which just jump out at you!
I got this Chiika yesterday too, she's super adorable! This one's hair was in great condition, though I haven't removed the plastic around her head (leaving that to the actual owner who'll get the doll this weekend) so not sure how it'll look after that.
ReplyDeletePoppy is gorgeous as well! I always enjoy seeing these fashion dolls on your blog, I rarely see them anywhere else :)
Oh and I tagged you/gave you a Liebster award :3
I'll be curious to see what her new owner thinks of her hair once the plastic is removed. Mine had no styling product in it at all but that's okay, I like them that way. It's just very flyaway.
DeleteI am always happy to hear people enjoy seeing these fashion dolls on the blog. They are really easy to photograph which is always a bonus.
I just read the answers to your questions. Thank you again for the tag! I will work on my answers to those questions.
Oh, I am so glad you finally got the Poppy doll, but I can't believe how long she took! I'd have gone crazy from anxiety. Anyway, congratulations on her, and I'm so glad that you like her, in spite of the trouble around getting her. I love her suitcase!
ReplyDeleteShe's got a neat story concept. You always have such interesting backstories for all your dolls.
Chiika is adorable in person! I love the colour of her eyes. What a pity about her hair... Have you been able to fix it? I adore her outfit so much. Do you think you'll keep her in it? Oh, and I really like the name you've given her!
I know, she might as well have been sent First Class Mail the amount of time she took. So much for Priority shipping. I was a bit concerned I would just hate her after all the stress and worry I went through for her but I love her so it's all good in the end. And thank you for the kind words. I've been noticing I come up with the name first and then the backstories follow after so they get inspired by the names of the dolls.
DeleteI haven't really touched it to be honest. I will try to give it a wash out and see if that will help it keep tame. I have her in the default outfit for now but she'll probably get redressed at some point. I tend to redress everyone eventually!
Do you recognise the name? It's from one of our favourite games!