Tuesday, 9 February 2016

Box Opening: EAH Lizzie Hearts

I never thought I'd see the day when I would fall for an EAH doll but I have. Just the one character design though so I won't be starting yet another doll collection. I went to the local Toyworld to hunt for some Tamiya gloss and ended up walking down the MH/EAH aisle where I was surprised to find the Way to Wonderland dolls reduced from $50AUD to $10AUD. It was such a price slash that I thought, "Why not." I've always liked the Queen of Hearts character thus her appeal.


I think EAH did a great job with this character. I really like her face screening and colour combination. Her hair was hard like cardboard though so I ended up washing out the styling products and restyling her since I took these photos.




I really love how she came in the box. It really does look like she's fallen down the rabbit hole as well. I'm kind of tempted to get another one to keep in the box but I won't. I love the box art. Hubby actually picked this one out because, "She doesn't have a smiling face like the others." In other words, she looks more grumpy than the others so would suit me perfectly. I confess, I have a thing for grumpy dolls.

I also love the back of the box art. I think the packaging was very well thought out for this particular line. I would like to get her signature doll at some point as I love how her hair is shaped to look like a heart at the front.


 She came with a lot of stuff, a lot more than I am used to with some of the MH girls.

She came with her character card which I think was quite adorable and actually looks like a card. I would have liked to have seen a stack of small play cards but you can't have it all.The card actually folds out to show her graduation certificate on one side and her story on the other side.

Her face screening is one of the most interesting parts about her. I really love the way her eyes were painted and the white reflection is actually shaped like a heart. I love the purple/blue eyebrows on her and the heart shaped tattoo.

Next is a small clock that clips around her wrist. I adore her brush which is shaped like a key. Her crown is shaped like a flamingo? It's those birds she uses to play croquet with. 

The base for her stand has the EAH logo on it which looks quite fancy for a base.She has gold shoes with pink hearts and a ring shaped like the animals that she uses as the balls? I'm not real familiar with croquet so I don't know what those balls are called.


No camera trickery here. She actually stands on her own. Wish the MH girls could do this.

She is dressed in a gorgeous outfit that has a top and bottom and one of those neck collars. I'm not as taken with the fabric used for the skirt. It feels kind of strange. I will probably try and remake this outfit with better fabric.

Overall, I think this girl is quite wonderful. I haven't really been taken enough to want to purchase any of the other EAH girls but this one has that little spark.

8 comments:

  1. Mmm, not wrapped in her dress and would lobe to have seen the collar in a different colour. I do like the colour of her hair, the face art and shoes. Of course the Flamingo head wear is wonderful. <3
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the fabric on that skirt or the shiny parts of her are a bit strange feeling, kind of plastic. It's that sort of fabric I've never been too fussed on and I think a lot of the EAH dolls have that sort of fabric as part of their outfits which is probably why I've never really bought any before now.

      Delete
  2. Wow I quite like her Queen of Hearts design! especially the hair and her crown, all of those details are so nice and I like her outfit too!

    Be careful with those new collections! Hahah :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd really love to see her in a custom outfit though. I love the hair design, it is the same combination as MH Operetta ... huh ... I think I might need to take a photo of those two together. I'm starting to be reminded a little of MH Operetta in this one.

      Hehe, oh, I think I can confidently say that this will not turn into a new collection. I'm super super picky with EAH dolls which is why this is the first one I've actually got and will most likely be the last and only one!

      Delete
  3. I'm really impressed that she can stand on her own - I wish more of this type of doll could do that!

    It's funny, looking at her in the box it seems like her outfit is almost too much, but from your photos of her without it, it seems I was wrong - all those bright colours really do work together. I especially like how the reds pop out in your photos.

    "I won't be starting yet another doll collection"? Sounds like famous last words to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My MH girls don't stand on their own at all which is annoying. But she does with her shoes on at least. I'd be interested to see if she can without them on though.

      I do agree with you there on how her outfit seems a lot in the box. I had similar thoughts too, not just with her but all the Way to Wonderland dolls. But it seems less out of the box, maybe because she's on a different background?

      Famous last words indeed! But I think this one I will be most likely sticking to. Lucky for me, I haven't been struck by many of the EAH dolls and as they're changing them too along with their MH line, I will be pretty safe.

      Delete
  4. She's lovely!!! How great is that she can stand without help :D!! I'm not much of a fan of anything Alice in wonderland related, though I like the book, but I really like this release, specially the flamingo in the crown, I think more Queen of hearts should carry flamingos as props :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, more flamingo power. Hmm, that actually sounds like it could work as an anime ... kind of like Sailor Moon but instead of Star Power, Flamingo Power. Okay I went a bit off track there ...

      I'm the total opposite, I love Alice in Wonderland so I tend to be more curious, drawn by merchandise that has that Alice in Wonderland flavour to it. It's that whole idea of falling down a rabbit hole and waking up in an entirely different world. I love the alternate world theme to it. Probably why I love The Neverending Story as well.

      Delete