When it rains, it pours is the famous saying and this past week was no exception with arrivals.
Today's post will focus on figure arrivals. We'll start the ball rolling with my much anticipated Makise Kurisu (Stein's Gate) 1/8 scale figure.
Like with everything I seem to order these days, she was first released back in 2010 and although there were still some left of her about a year ago, I procrastinated too long and ended up missing out. She was finally back up for pre-order again back in 2015 for a January 2016 re-release and I ended up getting her this time around.
All snug in the box she came in. I really love the box art for her.
The box insert. I love the way they did this one. Those ovals kind of remind me of windows.
Close up of the artwork on the insert. I love this particular illustration. Can't remember if it was on the cover of one of the anime seasons or not. (I have both seasons but am missing the movie that came out.)
She had to be assembled on the cogs which was a trial and a half. The bits that went into other bits on the cogs were odd shaped and could only be inserted a particular way which took a bit to figure out. But I finally got there and got her assembled.
I wanted to show all the views of her. Those cogs are just awesome.
And here she is with her Figma version. I just need her Nendoroid version to go on the other side of the platform and we'll have a trio of Makise Kurisu figures. It's a good comparison too between the Figma size and the 1/8 scale.
Arriving with her was the ponytail Cupoche Anne additional head.
She's on a temporary body right now as the one I ordered for her won't get here until May or June.
I also managed to snag a pre-order for Love Pinkcheeks My Tiny Toy Photography Book, Vol. 1.
I was really surprised to open and find a mini version of the book and some mini Nendoroid boxes were included. These tiny boxes can be ordered at her shop here.
The photos are just lovely. I've been a fan of her figure photography work for a while now. She's currently working on a Vol 2 Photobook focused on travel.
Alice and Chino were quite excited for the book and their new toys.
But it was Anne who really stole the show on the day.
Close up of the mini boxes. They're so detailed.
We'll finish off now and leave Anne to do her fan-girl thing.















Great new figure gets! Awww and those mini Nendoroid boxes are adorable! You even got a few of my favorite girls from Love Live ♥
ReplyDeleteThose Love Live girls are all so adorable, I really like their outfits although I haven't got one yet. I love how ell those boxes work for both my Nendoroids and Cu-poche girls. They would probably work with the Figma crew too.
DeleteOh ~ a friend of mine recommended Stein's gate to me but I haven't gotten around to watching it :3 Do you recommend it?
ReplyDeleteThe figure looks awesome, I love the big floating gears.
Yay for nendoroids, and then mini nendo boxes! OMG xO So cute! I love tiny thingies like that ~ wouldn't it be great to have a doll who opens a doll shop to sell dolls for dolls? XD;;;
Oh I am so biased when it comes to Stein's Gate. I love it and it's my favourite anime. It deals a lot with time travel so if you like the more sci-fi influenced anime shows, you'll most likely enjoy it. I actually stumbled onto the anime from the Madman Entertainment website as they show a few free episodes on there. I watched the first three to get a feel for the anime and found I liked it and ended up getting it from the local JB store. Makise and Okabe are my favourite characters from there (incidentally they are also the primary protagonists.)
DeleteOh gosh, that would be great Irene. What an awesome idea. The whole dolls for dolls ideas are always intriguing to me.
Those are some great new figures - I love the artwork on Makise Kurisu's box in particular (how is the VN? I noticed a sale on the Vita version recently and almost picked it up but passed on it - maybe I should go back for it?).
ReplyDeleteAnd those mini Nendoroid boxes are a great prop - and cute on their own as well! :)
Stein's Gate
Probably gonna sound like a noob here but what's VN?
DeleteThe figures, all of the released ones I found have been really great. I sadly missed out on the 1/8 scale Okabe figure but it wasn't as neat as Makise anyway so that's okay. But I have him as a figma which is good.
I still find myself in awe at how tiny and realistic those Nendoroid boxes are!
The little boxes really are brilliant!
DeleteThe VN is the game's genre - although it looks like the figures were based off of the anime instead? Sometimes they're so similar it's hard to tell (or maybe I'm just not paying enough attention! ;)).
Oh I see, I've only ever seen the anime so I assume these figures are being based off the anime version. But if the VN is like the artwork, they seem quite similar.
DeleteLove the first figure!! The way it has all that gear around is very unique, it makes it stand out much more.
ReplyDeleteThe nendo face is adorable, I really like the weird expresions anime characters have haha
The mini book and boxes are also super nice~ makes for a cute photoshoot
That's what attracted me to this figure too, those gears behind her, it just makes for some great visuals.
DeleteI think that's why I have fallen hard for Nendoroids, those expressions ... they do crack me up all the time.
I love doll props. I just wish I could find more props for my bjds. It seems the smaller dolls like the Pureneemo and the figures are getting all the props although it does help you can use 1/12 scale for Nendoroids.
What a great haul Alasse! Love the 1/8 figure with the cogs, and the tiny ones are awfully cute.:) Also love the chair and ottoman, you didn't mention that, is it new too?
ReplyDeleteHugs,
X
I have to admit that I can't stop looking at my 1/8 scale figure. The cogs are just all sorts of awesome the way they look like they are just floating on air.
DeleteThe chair and ottoman I've had for years now. I bought them off a dollhouse store on ebay originally for my yo-sd dolls but back then I wasn't familiar with scales and didn't realise these were more in line with 1/12 scale than 1/6 scale! But it's all good as I can use them for my Nendoroids and Cu-poche figures now. I guess they also work for the 16cm bjds I have.