I've been wanting a big vinyl doll to add to my collection for a while so when I stumbled on a photo of this little cutie on the Obitsu blog, I was enchanted by her cute smile and big eyes.
Sadly the doll in the blog was a fullset that was a limited pre-order release back in 2014 or 2013, I'm not quite sure but suffice to say, she is no longer available. However, her blank head (50-04) is available and so is the 48cm Obitsu body that she was released on. (The only difference I can see is that the bodyset comes with the S bust instead of the M bust but that's okay. I can upgrade to the bigger bust but I kind of prefer the S bust anyway.)
Her blank photos showed such a gorgeous sculpt beneath the face up that I knew that I really liked her. I have lined up a face up artist already for when I have her head in hand but I ordered her today.
She will be my very first big Obitsu doll so I'm quite excited to see her in person. I remember when I first got into collecting the resin dolls that I came across Obitsu and had wanted to buy one back then but never did so it's nice that I've come full circle. I was always curious about their posing as that inner skeleton looks like all sorts of fun.
Speaking of Obitsu, I also came across a photo of the new 1/6 bodies they are working on and I'm quite excited. I might get one for one of my Pullips when they are released. And because I'm a geek and like to research about the companies I buy from, I saw this video on the big Obitsu bodies a few weeks ago and thought I'd share. It got me even more excited about Obitsu.
Of course, I had to make some big compromises in order to buy this doll. I had initially planned on trying to get the Azone Pureneemo Sera of Green Gables and Princess Mermaid Manami when they were released but I had to forego these two now. I also had an order in with HS for two Nendoroids (to be released in July) but cancelled them last night in order to buy Mafuyu. I'm happy with the decision because it came down to who I wanted more.

Ahh, congratulations! I've always been curious about the bigger vinyl dollies from other companies besides Volks! :D she's very cute and I hope you can get her a lovely face-up too!
ReplyDeleteOMG new photos of the new OB27~ I've been waiting for this one for a long long time now ~ ever since I saw the prototype. It looks so pretty, the joints are much nicer looking than the old version. However I wonder if it's just as posable!
I've been reading on various forums that some people have actually put the DD heads on Obitsu bodies so that's really interesting and something I might do at a later stage myself. It's a good alternative especially as I am really only interested in the DD-H heads rather than any of the anime based heads they release.
DeleteWell, I think that OB27 body looks like a smaller version of the bigger Obitsu bodies. I can see a similar feel in the aesthetics especially around the bust and torso areas. It looks like it might be pretty good at posing. I'm definitely going to try and get one for my custom Pullip girl, Clara. I'd love her to have more posing ability. I wonder if the OB27 will have an internal skeleton ... food for thought!
She is SUPER cute!!! I love those kind of dolls but I can't see myself owning one.
ReplyDeleteIt's exciting to buy something a little bit different of what we are used to right?! I'm quite excited with my decision of going MSD for my mature dolls~ so I know how you feel or at least I can imagine!
It's sad you had to let go of the other stuff, but seeing how much you like this girl I'm sure it will be totally worth it! Congrats!
That new obitsu body looks amazing btw :O!!!!
Isn't she? It was a case of love at first sight!
DeleteTrying something new keeps the love alive I think and I've always been the sort of person who likes to collect a bunch of different types of things and have a big variety. I'd really love to hear how you find the transition from SD to MSDs. I do love how much easier they are to carry around!
I am thinking 2 or 3 of my bjds might be leaving too. I really want to par down my SD crew to 3 instead of 5 so I might try to sell off two of them or at least their bodies. I may end up keeping their heads just because I really love the sculpt. Which means I'll end up with a shelf just for floating heads. Oh dear!
I am really keen to find out more on that new Obitsu body. It just looks really nice and very different from their current 27 line. I'm curious if they will also release new sculpts to go with those bodies too.
Congrats on the newbie Alasse. She's cute, but not for me. I hope you do a complete review on her when she arrives as I think there are others who will be definitely interested to know more about these big vinyls. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentine's Day!
Hugs,
X
I will certainly see about doing a review on these dolls when I get her. I'm pretty excited to play around with their posing ability as from everything I've seen and read, these dolls are stellar at posing. And I've never really had a doll that could pose really really well. Sadly none of my bjds have that sort of posing ability.
DeleteOh dear, I actually completely forgot it was Valentine's Day today! We don't tend to do much for it. Tonight, we're having leftovers from last night's dinner and watching MKR! How romantic huh?
Happy Valentine's Day to you Xanadu!
She's cute!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on ordering her. I can't wait to see your photos when she arrives! I'm a little fascinated by those inner skeletons too (I've been tempted to pick up one of Smart Doll's big vinyl dolls for the same reason), so I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with her.
Oh man, a Smart Doll would be so awesome, I just wish they weren't so big! I'm not sure I want anything taller than 50cm. It's why I really like Obitsu because of the size range they have (40-60cm). Plus apparently DD heads work with their bodies so I may end up getting a DD head at some point and putting it on a 50cm body if I can find out exactly how big those DD heads are compared to Obitsu heads.
DeleteI have debated emailing Danny Choo and asking if he'll ever come out with a MSD size version. That would be pretty awesome. Not sure I could resist if he did.
Oh yeah, an MSD sized Smart Doll would be brilliant. I've seen some comments about it on the Culture Japan pages, so maybe that's something that we'll see in the future - we can hope anyway.
DeleteI just noticed some DD heads on Mandarake the other day, maybe one of them is calling your name? ;)
I check Mandarake every day :-) I did see those DD heads. There are some really nice ones but I can't get them right now because I bought the big girl. Maybe in a few months ... I also decided to check out some owner photos of the different option heads and now it has me even more confused about which one I like! I thought it was DDH-07 but I've seen some gorgeous customs of the other heads too so back to square one!
Delete