Friday, 11 March 2016

Obitsu 48cm Body - A Photo Review

Obitsu 48cm body with 50-02 Head

The Obitsu 48cm body wears a dress designed for MSD and SD13 tights. The 50-02 head takes a 7-8inch wig (the one she is wearing here is a LUTS wig). SD13 bottoms I have tried have been too big on her. MSD bottoms have been too small. MSD tops seem to fit okay although long sleeves tend to run a little short on the arms. SD13 tops are way too big on her. The 50-02 head is also wearing 18mm eyes. I have not tried any other size yet.

{I'm experimenting with embedding these from my flickr so let me know if they don't show up. Since Picasa is being retired in May I am having to look into alternatives to hosting my photos and embedding into my blog. Suggestions are welcome.}


OBT Standing Poses

These are the standing poses I played around with. She can stand very well even when one feet is rested by her toes only.

OBT Sitting Poses

The sitting/lying poses.

Overall,  found her body to fall into quite natural looking poses and that she was stable even without her magnetic stand.
 

10 comments:

  1. She poses really well!!! And the flickr images show just fine for me :D

    She will be hard to dress, but she's looking great so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, boy will she be hard to dress. On the other hand that could be a good thing because it would mean I would have to try and sew custom clothing for her myself.

      I'm really happy with how she poses and she didn't faceplant once unlike some of my bjds!

      Delete
  2. Oh boy, what great poses you have done there Alasse. Next time I do a review I shall use your photos to guide me because I will never remember to do them all otherwise. :)
    In regards to what fits . . . you will have to get busy sewing girl!! LOL!! She's a lovely doll.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggled to figure out what poses to put her in. I still haven't managed to get her to stand on one leg yet but give me time ...

      I know, I will have to start sewing for her. I want to make her a simple dress to start off with. In theory, I understand how all the parts of a dress go together, it's just executing it that I always seem to stumble on!

      Delete
  3. Love seeing her poses - she makes all of those positions look natural! :)

    I wonder how she'd look compared to something like a Zaoll (and if they could share clothing)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice change actually. Most of the bjds I own always seem to look awkward when I try similar poses with them.

      Her total height with head on is around the 52-55cm mark so she would be a similar size to Zaoll. I heard they too are hard to dress. Although, I think Zaoll could be a lot bulkier than her especially around the chest area. Her chest area is super tiny and thin.

      Delete
  4. She's a great poser, and very informative photoso!
    As for photo hosting, I generally use photobucket :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is still a lot to explore with her. It was good to get a chance to play with her body like this. I don't often do this with my dolls but I really should do it more often!

      I do have a photobucket as well so at least there is a back-up there. Although I don't load as much stuff there as I do to flickr ...

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing these photos, they're very informative! ♥ This body looks like a great poser. I'm not sure about it, but the bigger Azone girls might actually have this same body D: At least the information says that it's Obitsu 48cm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries at all! I'm glad they can be of help to people particularly if they are on the fence about the bigger Obitsu bodies. At some stage, I plan to get the DH-06 head from Volks and will take a photo of what it looks like on this size body.

      You are correct. Obitsu made the 48 and 50cm bodies I believe for the big Azone girls but you can also buy them with the default heads that come with the bodies.

      They really are pretty easy to pose and I really like that about them. I am a bit in love with the Obitsu bodies.

      Delete