Wednesday, 22 June 2016

Blog Tag: Colours

I have the next two days off work but then I'll be doing full time hours for the next two months straight so I thought why not kick it off with another of Irene's blog tags.

This one is Blog Tag #7 - Colours.

Some theme music: Colourblind by Mishelle Bradford Jones

1. Post one photo of your doll in 3 different colours. (Desaturate, Saturate and Colorize).

I'll start with the original photo... titled "Wistfully Yours" ...



The Desaturated version (this one is a straight desaturate):


Now the Saturated version: (oh boy, so yellow!)


And finally, the Colourize version: (Oh so Blue Boy)


2. Now post a black and white photo of your dolly. (Desaturate).

With this one I actually converted the colour version to black and white using a different method. I'm not a huge fan of the straight desaturate as I feel it usually turns out a bit dull and lacking in depth compared to the actual black and white conversion I did on the photo below.


3. What's your favourite colour? What's your favourite skintone on a dolly? Do you own a colourful doll (in terms of personality or appearance)?

* My favourite colour is purple, all different shades of it.
* My favourite skintone on a doll is tan. I really love how that colour photographs. I also love the richness and depth tans can look. But then I also love pure white because of the ethereal look to dolls with this skintone.
* Appearance: I don't really have a colourful doll that I can think of ... I would love to convert one of my current dolls into "candy coloured". As for personality, I think Tobias (AOD Gu) is probably the most colourful in personality - by this I mean he just loves to cause whacky mischief and mayhem. 

Another tag done and dusted.

6 comments:

  1. Wooo I love this one!!! I love hpw the mood of the photo changes so much between colors. The saddest one is blue in my opinion, maybe because on top of being monochrome is also very cold. Love the saturated version because it looks so warm :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you. The blue one feels like there is sadness and loss there. It is quite amazing the different atmosphere being created with different colour treatments.

      Delete
  2. Great post/tag idea! I love how the different colours almost fool the eye into thinking his expression has changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irene comes up with some pretty clever tags. I love playing with different colours in photos. They really do change the perception dependent on the colour.

      Delete
  3. Good afternoon Alasse!
    Finally a few moments to catch up on what you've been up to. Love this tag, it's very interesting seeing the effect the different colours have on the feeling of the photo.
    Hope they are not overworking you, so much for wanting to work part time eh?
    Anyway, enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not overworking at all. I enjoy my job so it's great to have those extra days even if that means I'm essentially doing full time hours for a few weeks but that's okay, more money for the dolly fund right?

      Irene comes up with some neat tags. I'd love to see other people to do some of these if they have the time. I also love to see how people interpret the tags for themselves.

      Weekends fly by way too fast when you're working!

      Delete