Saturday, 18 June 2016

Yellow Sombre

Today, I was lucky enough to grab a great deal on a gorgeous yellow chair for my renovated master bedroom which gave me a great opportunity to do a photoshoot with Josef making full use of it. Of course it helps that Yellow is his favourite colour!

Warning: This blog post is photo intensive and contains lots of Josef shots...proceed with caution.


~ Y E L L O W ~

Soundtrack: Yellow - Coldplay










~ S O M B R E ~

 Soundtrack: Numb - Linkin Park

This set is titled Sombre and has a somewhat darker feel and atmosphere. Josef makes full use of our new head board for the new bed. 






~ * ~ * ~ * ~

One last photo, this one is a behind the scenes before the photoshoot and shows the full chair in its place of honour (aka my reading nook in the master bedroom).


8 comments:

  1. I can see why its his favorite color, He looks just stunning againt the yellow background!!! I love Josef, He is the only Saint that makes me miss my own haha, though they both are very different. His scarf is very pretty, love the pattern. These photos remind me of autumn

    And of course he looks fab againta darker background, though He looks happier next to the yellow.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow is such a happy colour. You can't help but smile whenever you see it! I think that's why Josef likes it as he is usually quite serious and sombre.

      I miss your Saint too but I understand why you had to let him go. I'm sure Josef would get a big head if he heard you saying that about him! He really can be a little arrogant at times. The scarf came as part of a set, I think it was from Sadol but I can't really remember now. I buy a lot of clothing for Josef from there although I haven't bought much for him lately. Poor boy is probably getting a tad tired of wearing the same outfit all the time!

      I find the darker background really brings out that serious tone to him. I don't know why that is!

      Enjoy the rest of your weekend! It's a rainy one here right now.

      Delete
  2. It's funny, I would never have dared to photograph such a pale doll against a pale background, but he looks fantastic against that yellow chair!

    I really like the shot where only his hand is in focus as well - something about the subtle contrast of his hand against his shirt and scarf and then the starker contrast of the dark background gives it such an interesting composition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw the chair, Josef came to mind straight away!

      I think it helps that Dollshe sculpt such lovely hands. I love taking photos of hands. They're so expressive.

      Delete
  3. That chair looks so comfy and perfect for lounging around on~!

    I like how you took advantage of that and made Josef look very relaxed in all of his posing!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really soft. I also love how big it is so I can really lounge on it.

      It's rare that I get the chance to take full length photos of my tall dolls so it was quite a lot of fun to be able to do that.

      Delete
  4. Love these shots, you know how much I'd admire this guy, he's a real heart stealer. Alas, he's just too big for me. I will always look forward to you sharing photos of thim though. The chair is very Retro Alasse, it takes me back to the days when I worked at Danish Deluxe! :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought he'd be too big for me too but I think the fact that he is so lanky and skinny makes him seem less big if that makes any sort of sense!

      Oh I must look up Danish Deluxe. I really love a lot of the Retro style. When I build houses in the Sims, my interior decorating tend to be on the more Retro side.

      Delete