Sunday, 9 October 2016

Photo Sunday

Massively productive day today. I made three display stands out of foam core for my Pop Vinyl dolls, Nendoroids and Cu-poche figures following this nifty tutorial. I also added a window and curtains to my previous room box. And to finish the day, I made a 1/6 scale wooden bed. I'm still sewing the pillows, mattress and bed cover so I won't have photos of those until they're done.


I think this one will end up being my Momoko girl's lounge or front foyer. I'm working on her bedroom at the moment but it'll be sometime yet before it's done.

Some extra photos from the magazine cover shoot I did the other day featuring Deirdre.



I also played around a bit with my Obitsu girl. I finally got her new wig and eyes. Still waiting on her clothes though. I pre-ordered them a few months back and the release date was supposed to be August but that never happened...so who knows when they will arrive.




And because I was redressing the two SD girls I decided to take a photo of them together which doesn't happen a lot.


Deirdre and Eve. I've ordered a new wig for Eve from Luts and changed out Deirdre's eyes. Not sure if I like these or the blue better.

Have a great week everyone!

11 comments:

  1. How soon your Momoko girl is taking over! I love it XD! The diorama set is perfect for her to be honest, love the style you gave it, and the window is such a neat addition!

    So happy to see Deirdre and Eve together, they look great!

    I'm curious about the clothes you got for your obitsu girl, hope they ship soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the Momoko dolls seem to be very addictive! They're a really great size for these dioramas. I find sometimes my FR dolls are just a tad too tall but Momoko work great.

      Honestly, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they were delayed until next year. It's annoying. The outfit is made by Azone so I should have learned by now how slack they are with release dates and sticking to them!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing the link of that figure display stand tutorial! Those stands look really neat, I might need to try making some in the future (to replace the plastic cups that I currently use...)

    Loving that room box too, looks really nice! And lovely pictures of your bigger girls as well! I hope your Obitsu's clothes ship soon >3<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I was lucky that I picked up some contact paper that looked shiny and mirror like (planning to use it to make a mirror for one of my dioramas). The stand works really well. I managed to fit 4 Pop vinyls per row and with the other one I made, I could fit about 5-6 Nendoroids on their stands on a row. Cu-poche can also fit on these stands. They're really easy and quick to make but then I didn't do the lights part of the tutorial either. The most time consuming part was cutting out the foam board with the craft knife.

      I am hoping the outfit is released this month as it said to be but who knows. Everything I have at the moment is either too big or slightly too small for her. MSD tops are hit and miss. No go on MSD bottoms at all and SD clothing is just too big on her.

      Delete
  3. What a productive day you had! Wonderful! I love your Obitsu girl, she is so cute! Hope that she gets her clothes soon, that's a long wait!
    I should make some dioramas...or even one would do. Have some furniture from IKEA, still in the box. The room box you made looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a long wait but not unusual for Azone products. One of my pre-orders took a year to be released!

      I'd love to see what dioramas you come up with. IKEA has some neat stuff don't they? I have the bedroom set from there. Sadly, there isn't an IKEA in the town I live only in the major cities so if I want anything from there, I have to fly down there to get it!

      Delete
    2. Oh, wow, a year! I would go crazy waiting so long! :D

      IKEA has really nice stuff. It is a place to spend your Sundays at. Our IKEA is a bit nearer, 30 minutes by car. I have been looking for the bedroom set and even the "Flisat" Dollhouse. It would be perfect for some of the 'tiny' MH/EAH I have. So far these have been products they order in and just in some few, but not nearby, stores. I think I end up ordering these online one day.

      Delete
  4. Your dioramas are really coming along! I can't wait to see the bedroom @o@
    All of your ladies look lovely and wig/eye swapping can really give them fresh looks, can't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene! I'm having a lot of fun making them. It's nice to be able to have some backgrounds to photography my dolls against. Now I just have to figure out a solution for the bigger bjds.

      Oh I love wig and eye swaps. It can feel like you've got a brand new doll.

      Delete
  5. Hi Alasse,
    I am loving your room boxes, they are very inspirational. I really should be busy doing some myself, maybe now I am feeling better I'll get my butt into gear. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad to hear you are feeling better now but don't push yourself too hard! Take it easy.

      I'm having fun with making the room boxes. I want to get started on another one tomorrow. Was hoping to get started this week but it's been a very busy crazy week!

      Delete