A few of the people I follow on IG have been doing this three favourites tag which of course I had to join in on, although I tend to post these up on my blog instead of IG.
I decided to limit this tag to my BJDs. It was hard enough trying to pick only three out of my crew of fifteen but I managed to do it.
I ended up going with Deirdre who has technically been with me the longest, Josef because well, Saint was my Grail of all Grail dolls and Rune, the first doll I was patient enough to wait for a re-release of from the artist.
Don't they look like a lovely family?
Warning: Lots of photos behind the cut.
I wanted to give them all their own little spotlight.
I'll start with the smallest of the three, Rune.
Next up is the Grail of all grails, Josef. He is sporting a lovely blue jacket from Fantasywoods.
And last but not least is the doll who has been with me the longest, in both character and sculpt (even though she went through two other sculpt versions before settling on this one).
And here she is wearing a lovely emerald lingerie set from Fantasywoods. I actually didn't think this would fit because of her bust size but pleasantly surprised that it just fit, perfectly in fact. I hadn't posted a lot of photos of Deirdre previously as she had been without a body for a year before I got her this lovely Guu body which I adore. It has great posing ability, looks so natural and elegant and suits her very well. I've wanted to upgrade her from the old AOD body for a long time now so am glad I could finally manage it.
And then I kind of got a bit carried away ...
So I never actually intended for these two characters and dolls to be a couple, I had Deirdre set aside for Cedric, my Soom Epidos but when I put these two together ... something magical happened. I started to 'see' their story. In her past life as Lady Maeryn of the Westlans, she was betrothed to the Xaren Prince, Kahleel who later became her King and husband. The two shared a passionate love. They had seven children, four boys and three girls. When Kahleel died on the battlefield fighting for peace for the Three Kingdoms, it's said that his Queen died a season later of a broken heart.
These two are the reincarnations of King Kahleel and Queen Maeryn.
Josef: Do you ever feel like you know someone even though you've never met before? This is how I felt about you, the first time we met. It was as if I had been searching for something and I never knew what it was until I saw you. Everything became clear.
Deirdre: I don't know you, yet I do. My heart knows you. When our fingers touch, it's familiar, like we've done this before. Who are you? What do you mean to me?














Wooo they work great as a couple, love the photos!!! Also Josef looks so nice with that jacket~ I especially like the 3rd solo photo of him, the pose and everything looks so real to me.
ReplyDeleteRune looks lovely as always, love her dress and Deirdre looks good on anything haha :D She's just too precious
Thank you! The jacket and colour just suit Josef so well. I think I may need to buy him a shirt to go under that jacket that looks nicer. He's wearing a singlet top there.
DeleteI was surprised at how good they looked as a couple. I like doing romantic photos. I rarely seem to do them!
Well, hellou, and suddenly sparks and fireworks happened! Wonderful! Was not ready for that little cute twist in the end. :D
ReplyDeleteI did this tag at my Instagram, but this was a great way to go and post it here.
I love your choice of dolls and these three really look like an adorable family!
Thank you. I'm just as surprised as you at that little twist! I love all the different types of tags on IG. I just never post them on there because my phone doesn't really take great photos and I'm too lazy to transfer the photos to my phone.
DeleteLovely photos Alasse. Rune looks cute in her reindeer dress. :)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
X
Thank you! Rune just seems to look good in anything!
DeleteThis is an interesting tag! :3 It's so hard to pick favorites isn't it?
ReplyDeleteBut your 3 dollies are just lovely, especially in such adorable new fashions ~
Isn't it odd how dolls seem to choose their own stories somehow?
I'd love to see you do this tag if you get the time. I'm curious who you 3 would be!
DeleteIt is odd. I never imagined Deirdre and Josef getting together at all but they seem to just look so good together. Although I will change out her eyes and put in the blue. I decided I prefer the blue eyes on her.