Thursday, 26 January 2017

Running on Air + Box Opening

I've finally got a chance to sit down and do some things today after a very hellish two weeks, more on that later.

First, some box opening photos back from the 11th January. This one was from Amiami.


She is the Merry Go Round Momokodoll. I ended up purchasing her with part of the Christmas gift money I received from my dad. This makes her the fourth Momokodoll to join my collection. I was particularly drawn not only to her outfit but to her hair and eye colour combination. She also looked like a girl who liked to have fun.



I decided to call her Mackenzie.

Also arriving on the 11th January was a box from Hobbysearch.


It contained my Elsa figma which I adore. She makes a fantastic display piece in my cabinet.

And I also got Flying Witch Makoto.


Here she is in her default outfit. Yes, she does come with a broom. I started to watch the anime after I got her and it's not too bad. It's more of a slice of life anime so the story and plot moves fairly slowly.

She's on the L body which is the first one I've ever had. I do love it a lot and she poses really really well. 

After a change of clothes ...





I've named her Madison. She's a Mageborn of the Old Blood and currently an acolyte of Mistress Gwendolyn. She attends a school for the Gifted.


A face up I did before the two weeks of hell as I'm starting to call it. Her face is a bit shiny. I don't think I had the water ratio right when I used the make-up sponge dab method for the Liquitex but as it's a practice head I wasn't too worried. I wanted to see if I could paint a Barbie face. It's the smallest scale I have done so far. (Taken with my new camera, more on that later.) I did her face with pastel and watercolour pencils only.



Those who follow me on IG are already aware of why I have been absent lately. On the 12th January, I took my cat for a routine teeth clean which ended in a torn trachea while she was under anesthesia courtesy of the vets who performed the clean on her. She spent the next 7 days at the pet hospital in an oxygen cage because she couldn't breathe on her own. If she couldn't heal the trauma on her own, she would have had to go under surgery. The surgery had a very high risk of her having a cardiac arrest on the table due to the location of the torn trachea. We didn't know what would happen or if she would even survive. Surgery was the last resort and the specialist surgeon recommended that we see if she could repair the damage on her own. They preferred doing that because of the high risk of the surgery. She came home finally last Thursday, however, because she had not been eating or drinking on her own, the hospital deemed it necessary to put a feeding tube in her until she could eat and drink on her own. For most of this week, we have been back and forth to the hospital as it seemed that her wound where her feeding tube went in might have been infected. Luckily, it was just irritated. She's slowly improving but it's going to take time.

Amidst all this stress, I also had my birthday. It was a milestone one. Truth be told, I was so stressed out that I barely took note of it.


Hubby not only bought me a new camera, a big upgrade from the one I was using previously but he also organised this profiterole cake as he knows these are my favourites. (Taken with the new camera as was the photo of my cat). Even though he was just as stressed out as me, he still managed to try and make my birthday a nice one. I'm always amazed at how lucky I am that I met him.

..and that's why I've not really been around much lately.

I'll still be popping in when I can (right now, my cat is asleep in the guest room with my husband, we have to keep a close monitor on her at the moment so one of us is always keeping an eye on her at least; she likes to try and dislodge her feeding tube!)

Hope everyone is having a great week. Today is a public holiday in Australia (called Australia Day). We're just having a quiet one.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new girls and the camera!! Such a nice gift~ Can't wait to see more of your photos with the new camera, I've always think your photos are amazing, but I can see the difference with the new one, which will make for even greater photos!

    That profiterole cake looks nice, I haven't tried those things but they look yummy! like super yummy!!!
    I'm sorry your birthday had to be on such a low note, but at least your cat has been improving :) Maybe you can have a celebration for you and her once she is all better.

    The custom barbie head looks very nice for a first try on the scale, the eyes are pretty even! Maybe it needs a bit more polishing and details but I like the look, great job!! I don't dare woeking on that scale, it's just too small haha

    Now I'm hungry with all that chocolate and strawberries x.x.... yum!

    I've been missing your blog posts so much, I can really feel your absence when you are busy, but it's okay as long as I get to see you on occasions :D Your cat's health is way more important right now. Hopefully she will recover fast :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly haven't had a lot of time to take photos so I'm still trying to figure out how my camera works. The manual is so much thicker than my last one! Aww thank you, the new camera I find has such better clarity and does a lot better in low light situations (like indoor photography). Hubby said it was one of the reasons he chose that particular camera as he knew I took a lot of my doll photos inside the house rather than outdoors. It shows up details too really well.

      I also have another new doll but I didn't take a lot of photos of her yet so I will probably do that at some stage. It's one of the special ones I had wanted but didn't think would be released in Australia but it was!

      There were 50 profiteroles on that cake! Too many. I at least managed to give a heap away. I think we will do that. Go out to dinner somewhere or do something special.

      Thank you for the feedback on the Barbie head. I'm glad the eyes turned out even. I always seem to have trouble with that, even when I am drawing portraits. I found if I did the right eye then turned the head upside down to do the left eye, I can get it somewhat even than trying to draw the left eye the same way I did the right. Weird huh?

      I've missed posting on my blog! It's generally my "chill out time" to catch up on blogs and photos and post to my blog. Without it, I can get a little frustrated and stressed. Also posting to my blog means I am taking photos and working on projects which I miss even though it's only been about two weeks and a bit. With all the current stress over my cat too, that's the time I really need chill out space but I can't get enough of it right now because our schedule now revolves around her feeding and medication time. (4 times a day feeding and twice for medication and twice for wound cleaning). Thank you as always for thinking of her.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry about your cat. I hope she will get better soon.
    Your new Momoko has nice clothes and boots.
    I like your birthday profiterole cake! It looks yummy :-)
    And congrats on new camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. She's getting better a little bit at a time every day.

      Thank you! The new camera is great. It takes some decent close up shots without needing to use my Macro filters which is good.

      Well after about 6 of those profiteroles, I really didn't want to eat the rest of it (there were 50 in the cake!)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the new camera and the wonderful dollies. And you are doing well on the face up's. I can see emotions in her face, like she is a bit sad. I like her that way. <3
    And what a cake! Yummy! We have The Fat Tuesday (the day between Shrove Monday and Ash Wednesday) coming up and already the shops are selling Fat Tuesday Buns. I really want one, yum yum!
    Hope that your cat gets better day by day! <3
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hubby said the same thing. He said she looked like she was going to cry. I really need to spray with the airbrush again because this dab method seems very tempermental.

      My cat is slowly recovering but we won't know if she's fully healed until they do another X-ray in a few weeks.

      Delete
  4. Good to see you posting again Alasse, and that puss is well on the recovery road. :) Congrats on the new dolls and for finishing another face up. :)

    I'd forgotten your birthday was coming up, sorry, normally I'd wish you a happy one, but I know with all the upset about puss, things wouldn't have been. Still the camera and cake from hubby were nice surprises to take your mind of it at least for a little while.

    Keep your chin up!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xanadu! Hopefully when my cat is better and doesn't have her feeding tube in anymore, I'll be able to do more face up work. I really want to get in there and practice more faces.

      I really wasn't expecting a cake but he managed to organise it all without me knowing. He's always thoughtful like that.

      Thank you for all your support.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad to hear that your kitty is doing better! If I were you I'd be all sorts of mad with that vet!
    Also it's great to see new dolly and a new camera! Looking forward to what you'll do with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty mad with the vets that did it. I hate that my cat has been through so much because of them.

      Hopefully when I can get some time to take photos again, I would like to do something with the new dolls.

      Delete