Friday, 24 March 2017

Big World, Small Lady

It's been raining a fair bit so now that everything is green, I decided to squeeze in one more photoshoot before we have to close up shop for the impending cyclone (predicted to hit Monday morning).

I call this one, Big World, Small Lady featuring one of my cu-poche girls. The shoot was taken in my yard.

 Some music to set the mood: Tranquil Farmland ~ LawnReality


Walking through the woods ... the smell of wet earth assaulting her nose ...





She comes across a broken seat made of wood and iron. It's seen better days. She can imagine its majesty when it was once whole.


After climbing on to the more stable planks, she takes a moment to catch her breath.



And enjoys the view from her vantage point. Pops of purple and green catch her eye as the thin branches of the tree sway in a gentle breeze. Butterflies flock to its vibrant leaves. She inhales deeply, the scent of peace and serenity.


Getting down is just as hard as getting up for these old iron bits do not slide easily but she manages for she is strong and fit. Small in size but big in strength.


She comes upon a bowerbird nest made of twigs and bits of discarded and forgotten things. Things from the world of giants, left to corrode and ground to dust, scattered haphazardly as though its new owner is trying to make a statement.


She continues and stumbles upon a place of secrets, hidden by large giant leaves and rocks covered in moss and earth. She senses the fae at work, weaving their magic to ensnare and entice. She quickly moves on, not wishing to be caught in its web.


Once more, she pauses, marvelling at the structure. An air of silence hangs about this place and the mound reminds her of a burial ground. The mushrooms a benediction to whatever lies beneath. She whispers a silent prayer of respect.


Finally, she finds a resting place, one that is warm and soothing, holding the sun in its very bones. Astride this mountain, she has a clear view from one end to the other. Here, she will stay, at least for a little while.

So end the travels of Blue Girl.

____________________________________________


This is a shelf unit that I bought a few months ago at the local craft store. I thought it was neat for the Nendoroid size. I've decorated it with the items I have suitable for this size. I'm thinking of splitting the tall one into two floors, the bottom being the lounge and the top being a very small bedroom with a small ladder leading up to it. I still have to trial it a bit.


And that's all for now.

10 comments:

  1. What a cute house for Small Lady! Very nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story was like a soothing poem. Your cu-poche girl is brave!

    That is one cute house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. I don't take nearly enough photos of my figure collection so every now and then, I like to take them for a spin.

      Delete
  3. Your description of everything in the story amounted to a very lovely narrative x3 So romantic! The mushrooms are so cute, I love them!
    Your little house is amazing! Wow! I can't believe you found things in such a tiny scale! Are they 1:12 scale? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I found another group of mushrooms this morning, a lot bigger. They're popping up everywhere in my yard!

      I think they are 1:12 scale. There used to be a shop on Ebay I would buy things regularly from in this scale but they seem to have closed their doors. But if you just browse 1:12 scale on Ebay or Etsy, a lot of stuff comes up in the search.

      Delete
  4. I adore how you write, blue girl surely was brave to go on an adventure alone! Love the photos~ your yard is amazing!
    Ans talking about amazing, how great us that tiny house shelf?!?! It looks incredible with all the tiny props and fun prints on the back. You surely are a pro at home decor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words! Blue girl was very brave indeed. Although she really didn't look happy about the adventure at all!

      My yard is normally so brown and dead but because it's been raining a lot, I finally have some greenery!

      I need to get more sets for the tiny house shelf though that actually fits. The bits and pieces I have so far have just been too big.

      Delete
  5. Very poetic Alasse, I enjoyed Blue's adventure in the garden, though that poor seat has seen much better days. The little shelf come house is really sweet and a great space saver, it's good you can hang it on the wall. Ikea have something similar too, but not as quirky. (I like quirky)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xanadu! I hadn't even noticed the seat had broken until a few months ago. I am going to keep some of the planks and the backing when hubby takes the rest of it to the dump. I am sure I can use it for something but it depends how water damaged the planks are though...

      I love the house shelf because of the wallpapers too. It has a really 50s and 60s feel which I adore.

      Delete