Today was a quiet day, thankfully. I decided to redress some of my bigger dolls. Strangely, it took me the entire day!
Featuring Lira and Eve ...
Really wanted to see what Purple hair would look like on her. I think I rather like it.
I just need to figure out something a bit more girly to match the hair.
Eve went back to her old look.
I think she looks a lot younger with the black hair and green eyes.
I was pretty stoked to be able to take some photos of her out in the yard despite it being cloudy and getting towards night. It had been raining earlier in the day so the ground was a bit muddy and wet in places.
She was in a sitting position and when I picked her up to lay her down, this is the pose she naturally went into. I thought it was pretty neat. AOD bodies I find do some really great natural poses.
I have to admit, taking photos in the newly renovated guest room is great. I really love the colour palette down there.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!








Lovely photos, I especially like the one where Eve is lying on the bed - she looks like she is deep in thought. Lira looks wonderful in the purple hair. <3
ReplyDeleteOur weekend is going on well - did some cleaning and watched a couple of episodes of "Blacklist". :)
I was really amazed Eve did that pose without much effort on my part at all. I really love that about AOD bodies. They are nice natural posers. Mine is a 2010 body though so I think their version 2 body.
DeleteIt's nice that there are wigs in these more vibrant colours out there.
I've been re-watching Stargate. I miss that show a lot.
Green eyes and purple hair? YESSSS so pretty!! my favorite look so far on her :D
ReplyDeleteEve looks great in these photos, especially the ones in your yard, so romantic looking! And I like that guest room colors too, looks very serene :D
my weekend has been slow, I've done house shores and slept, nothing dolly related yet but there's still tomorrow! Have a great sunday!
I was really surprised the purple hair worked on Lira to be honest. I wasn't expecting it too especially with the green eyes but I rather dig it.
DeleteIt's nice to spend some photo time with Eve. She doesn't get much of it. She is usually outshone by Deirdre. I don't tend to take my dolls out in the yard too often because the neighbours here are a bit nosy and conservative but I braved it yesterday. I always like how the photos come out in an outdoor setting. Although I also noticed even more vividly her resin having a slight greenish tint to it. Both body and head even though they were both made by different companies (head by CP and body by AOD). The CP head I think was 2006 and the body was 2010 but the resin match (and slight greening) is pretty close on both. At least I can always turn her into the Wicked Witch from Oz if she ever gets noticeably green in photos!!
I was really wanting to sleep in this weekend but didn't.
Hi Alasse,
ReplyDeleteIt's always relaxing playing with dolls and changing them about a bit. The photos you took all look wonderful, you are becoming quite the proficient photographer and I love purple hair with green eyes! :)
I actually did some dolly stuff yesterday ... it took me an hour to remove the wig from Julia's head! I thought it was rooted at first, then I realised it was only a wig, but the glue was holding it on so bloody tight my poor wee hands were sore from all the tugging!! Now all I have to do is find her the right 9-10" wig.
Hope you find more dolly time to play today.
Hugs,
X
Thanks for the kind words! I am trying to be much more creative with my photos whenever I can.
DeleteJulia's wig sounds like the pullip wigs you have to lever off the head to get it off. I've been lucky that the one I did remove the wig, the glue wasn't as bad as I've heard some other people have experienced.Good luck with finding a wig to match her style! I've been looking for a new wig for Eve because she's wearing Clara's (my Pullip) wig right now.
Both your girls look fantastic, and that blueish purpleish lavenderish hair is very pretty on Lira!
ReplyDeleteI love Eve's casual style, she looks so comfortable here!
I just love the style and colour of that purple wig. But you are right, I like the term lavender for the wig. That should totally be a wig name.
DeleteShe's really hard to dress I find. I never seem to be too happy about what I put her in. I really have to start trying her in girly outfits.