Friday, 2 June 2017

DC Comics Diana Prince Doll & New Resin in the House

 This will be a rather big and photo intense post.

A couple of new dolls in the house this week. We'll start with the gorgeous resin that came in a lovely parcel from my Tassie friend yesterday. I actually discovered this sculpt a bit late and always seemed to miss the sales when she came in stock. So I was delighted when my friend asked if I would like this sculpt. She is Bimong Dandelion.


Even blank, she has such beautiful features. Her lips are incredibly detailed and I love her rather wistful expression. I had been planning to paint her myself but after seeing her in person, I'm not sure I have the skills to do this face justice. I may have to send her out for a face up but ... I really don't like having to send dolls out these days. I will have to procrastinate further.



A size comparison with my AOD Qian head. As you can see, she is just slightly smaller than an SD head but too big to be an MSD head. She's that unusual size that is in between.


The lighting made my Qian look like she is a bit green which she isn't. She's a lovely creamy yellow. Ack. This is to show the side view. Qian's noggin is quite a bit bigger than Dandelions'.


A body shot of her. She is borrowing my Qian's GuuDoll body. I think the proportions aren't bad. I did have to use a neck donut to lift her head up a bit otherwise without it, she would not really have much of a neck at all!




A couple of photos showing the resin match. I think Dandelion is a normal skin which is more yellow in tone and fairly close to Dollshe's oriental skin. The GuuDoll body is white skin. The resin match isn't bad. Probably about a 85-90% to the naked eye however photos do tend to show the difference slightly more.

What do you think of the proportions?


A last one of her because she does look pretty damn incredible. Thank you friend!

The next new doll to hit the house is DC Comics Diana Prince from the Wonder Woman movie.


I love how elegant she looks.


Standard box, nothing that special really.


Close up of her face. I really love how strong her face is. Not sure on the resemblance to the actress who plays her as I haven't seen the movie yet but I plan to.




She doesn't come with a stand but she doesn't really need it. She stands pretty solidly in those shoes. Articulation is in the elbows and knees, both bend and her head does move but that's about it. She isn't really a 'doll' as such but more of a doll-like action figure. At least that's how I see her compared to Mattel's Barbie version of Wonder Woman which I don't have yet but hope to buy one day.

This doll certainly reminds me more of a figure than a doll right down to her more muscle like limbs. I also love that she comes with the sword which is quite detailed. The sword also slots into the back of her dress which is pretty neat.

I adore the hairstyle a lot and I adore the design of the dress, however, I feel the material used was quite cheap. I bought her on sale for $19.95 AUD but she normally retails at $30.00 AUD. I don't think she's worth $30 and wouldn't have bought her at the full price. Particularly given the poor quality of the dress. It's a shame because I think why go for such an elegant design and cheap out on the material to make it? Lucky, that was the only thing that disappointed me about the doll. Everything else was fine.

The store I bought her from also had the Wonder Woman version at the sale price but I passed on that as they did an even worse job on the outfit (the armour and pleats on the skirt were all painted on the fabric.) I'm a bit flabbergasted really given the price point of these.

All that aside though, I'm still quite happy with her. I can always remake the dress myself a bit later if it bugs me too much.

Happy Friday!


6 comments:

  1. Who would not want a dress that could hold a sword in the back! That is really neat! And she, Diana Prince, is sure a beauty. Love the muscles on her arms, a strong lady!

    Your Bimong Dandelion is looking gorgeous! And as you wrote, even without a face up. I think the body and resin match well - nothing to complain about there.

    Congrats to your new dollies and hope you had a lovely weekend! Happy new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see the Wonder Woman movie. I've heard a lot of good things about the movie which is great as the fans have waited a very long time for Wonder Woman to have her own movie!

      Dandelion has such a nice face sculpt. I think she could even work as an older version of MYD Heeah. Now there's a thought ...

      Hope you have a lovely weekend ahead.

      Delete
  2. You got a new resin! Omg! :D Congrats! she is a really lovely sculpt (I love Bimong!)

    Also Wonder Woman is quite nice looking, I also quite like the more muscular build on her, it's a nice change! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is really quite lovely. I can't figure out her face yet though but maybe something soft and subtle.

      It is nice to have girls with muscles finally. The Superhero dolls have similar muscle on those bodies too.

      Delete
  3. Hi Alasse,
    Your Bimong Dandelion reminds me of my Ah-ra, who I might add is still bare faced. :) She is stunning, who do you have in mind to do her face up?

    First think I noticed was the poor finish on your Diana's clothes, don't you just hate raw edges and shoddy sewing? But I guess one can't expect much for the price, she has a great face though and I like the sword.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Ticuk in mind who is my regular go to for face ups these days. I just love her work. Plus she paints resin and vinyl which is a bonus. She's painted two of my MH girls already. I'm planning on sending her another MH girl soon.

      I was disappointed in the clothes quality but then again, she's a playline doll even though I do think she's a bit expensive for playline. Glad I got her at the sale price though. She's actually on the shorter side in terms of height which I love. There was a Wonder Woman exclusive for $80.00 but I didn't get her. I'm debating over it though but knowing me, she's probably sold out already!

      Delete