Friday, 21 July 2017

A Phoenix Rises

A few months ago, I mentioned about putting an order at Hobbysearch for Phoenix from X-Men. After some delays from Coreplay, she finally arrived.


I've been a massive fan of the Dark Phoenix storyline since I saw the animated version on TV when I was younger. So when I saw Coreplay had released this girl, I had to get her. She came in two versions, this one and the fiery eyes one. I really can't figure out why they didn't just include the second version as an extra head with this one.



Phoenix comes with a few interchangeable hands and some flat feet (which I can't figure out how to get on her yet). She does not come with a stand. This is one I was borrowing.



Close up of her beautifully painted face.

She has elbows and knees that bend. She can also sit but can't stand,  at least not in heels. I'm hoping she can stand if she had the flat feet on. Her head moves up and down and side to side. I think she is a cross between an action figure and a doll.

I'm pretty happy with her overall. The paintwork on her is not bad at all. And the outfit feels like good quality fabric.

On a side note, if you come across any photos that are broken, please let me know. I had a small number hosted on Photobucket but have hopefully replaced all those now. Since their new TOS changes, I have ceased using them altogether. For those who do use them, I urge you to read their new TOS and check your image links. They could be broken.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, she is lovely!
    I agree with you, an extra head with the other eyes would have been nice and even a stand.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't understand why they had the other head as a complete doll as well when there wasn't really any difference other than the head. That's my only disappointment as I did like the other head too but could only get one of the dolls. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. She is so pretty, I also loved the phoenix way back when I watched the old X-men cartoon xD! As well as mystique~~
    Photobucket really did a number on my blog XD But I decided I won't bother fixing too many posts... unless people request it ^^;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is painted really beautifully which is unexpected. It was hard to tell from the Promo shots but close up and in person, it is good paintwork. Mystique was a favourite of mine too. I enjoyed seeing her interpretation in the reboot X-Men movies.

      I think the most chaos the Photobucket issue has caused is on forums as it seems a lot of people including myself used Photobucket to post photos on forums. Luckily, I really didn't post to forums all that much so it isn't a huge issue for me.

      Delete
  3. She's so pretty!!!I'm not too fond of Jean Grey but I do love the Dark phoenix arc, I read the comics and they are kinda confusing but very interesting haha.
    I also had photos on photobucket, it sucks!!! I'll let you know if I see everything missing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dark Phoenix arc is one of my favourites too. I'm like you in that Jean Grey isn't my favourite but I do like her Phoenix persona. My favourite X-Men has always been Rogue. She's a bit of a rebel. Didn't really like her in the movies though, prefer the original animation version of her.

      They changed their TOS really quietly without telling anyone. I know when I joined with them back in 2010 they did allow 3rd party hosting. I just don't know why they didn't offer different tiers of paid hosting rather than just offering the one premium hosting and that's it. I understand they need to maintain their servers for the hosting services but I think they kind of went about it the wrong way. They got a lot of people offside with the heavy handedness of it all.

      Delete
  4. Nice purchase Alasse. I like her face, she has quite a determined look, and the shading on her hair gives it nice depth. I am surprised she didn't come with a stand and I can understand your disappointment about not having the second face.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing as she can't stand on her own at all, I would think a stand would have been mandatory. I'm going to try and see if I can use one of my figure stands for the FF7 guys for her as they don't need it (they stand without aid).

      Delete