My first Poppy Parker girl from the Swinging London series has arrived but I will post about her separately next week. Today's post is about the new diorama I made yesterday which I like to call "The Polka Dots Room".
I've made it so it's easy to store with the wall and floor able to fold down and pack away when not in use. I made it with a more retro feel in mind.
My two Silkstone FMC girls trying out the new set up. I think they fit seamlessly in this room like they belong there.
Miss Joan is wearing her spanking new outfit and my dark haired girl is also wearing a new outfit I recently purchased. I do plan to get at least one more Silkstone girl at some stage to complete this set.
Another use for the room. I'm thinking flatmates who have found an old retro house to share and are waiting for their furniture to arrive ...
Although I do plan to make a more urban style diorama for these girls.
...and because I wanted to set up a bedroom. Not too bad.
I also did four partial repaint enhancements today on my MTM girls. I forgot to take a before photo of them sadly.
The first is the new Zoe. My last Zoe's hair got so bad with the horrid glue leaking that I had to get rid of her hair and in the process accidentally tore open the top of her head. I haven't figured out how to fix it yet so I took one of my other Purple Top dolls (I bought 5 of them all up) and turned her into Zoe. I have given her purple/blue eyes and pale orange/nude lip colour as well as some blushing.
Same sculpt as Purple Top but from a different series. I transplanted her onto an MTM body. I actually liked her default other than her overly pink lips so all I did with her was change her lip colour to a very pale pink, added a bit more blushing to her cheeks and added a beauty spot. Her name is April.
She was originally on a curvy Fashionista body but I transplanted her onto an MTM body as they don't have a curvy MTM yet. I really like this face sculpt but decided to change out her pink lips for a more nude colour and changed her blue eyes to purple. I really like the new colour on her. I think it softens her features a bit. Her name is Kelsey. And as you can tell from earlier photos of her above, she's a bit of a rock 'n' roll kind of girl.
Last but not least is the new "Karate" MTM Barbie which uses the default Barbie head sculpt. I changed her blue eyes to green and changed out her pink lips to nude. I also gave her a beauty spot beneath her eye. I actually like the change. I couldn't warm to her with her default but now I think she's pretty cute. Her name is Elle and she's a bookworm through and through. She's also Zoe's best friend.
Yes, I do love nude subtle lip colour. Although, two of my defaults have vibrant red lipstick which I think I might actually like so they may not get any touch ups although one of them needs freckles...
For those of us in Australia, it's past midnight here and I think my soft warm bed is calling to me. To those in other parts of the world, a Good Morning / Afternoon / Evening to you!










Good evening from my part of the world! It is raining and getting a bit darker minute by minute. Soon time to make some dinner. Or is it supper? Hope that you had a good nights sleep!
ReplyDeleteAnd to the dollies! Love the new diorama! There is something happy about it with the polka dots. Maybe it is because I love dots! Your girls make it perfect, looking all stunning in their new outfits and cute faces. Gives me inspiration!
I did have a good nights sleep but got woken up early by someone revving their noisy car.
DeleteI'm glad it could inspire you! Making dioramas is so much fun. The set up though takes forever or at least it seems that way. I fuss around for ages on the details before I can actually take photos. But it's always worth it.
I love the new room, besides chevron, polka dots is one of my favorite patterns. I really like what you did with those partial repaints on barbies, they look great, plus, I LOVE nude lips. My own lips are kind of red, and since I'm pale they don't ever look nude XD When I was little my teacher would always ask if I had lipstick on! They are not as red now though, but I always wonder how I would look with nude lips. Of course I'm too lazy to put any make up and figure it out.
ReplyDeleteI'm lazy with make-up too! I never wear any. The most is a face cream and that's about the extent of it.
DeleteI can't even remember when I bought those polka dots wallpaper.It seemed like a good time to use them with the retro feel of the Silkstone girls.
I'm finding even something small as changing the eye colour of a Barbie can really change their overall feel. I'm not confident enough yet to give them a full repaint because their heads are so tiny!
Hi Alasse,
ReplyDeleteYou have been super busy again, I just can't seem to keep up with you these days. :) Love the new room, polka dots give it a happy feeling. Oh I think I might have found something that will make your poor dolly head fixable . . . it's called Sugru and is available on eBay, I'll email you the link.
Hugs,
X
Hey Xanadu, I think I go through phases where I get really energetic and do a bunch of stuff over a couple of days and then I kind of don't do anything for a while! It seems when the mood strikes, I have to just go with it.
DeleteThank you for the tip! You're always such a great fountain of information. I think it split because the hair that was stuck there was really stuck there and I yanked at it a bit too hard and tore it open.
Your dioramas are looking great, they're so versatile with the backgrounds also! x3 Also loving the 'nude'/natural lips on Barbie :O I never liked her bright pink lipstick XD!
ReplyDeleteThe bright pink lipstick on Barbie can work sometimes but most of the time, it looks a bit out of place I think.
DeleteI want to also make a retro one but I've yet to find the right paper. I do love being able to make dioramas that can store away a bit easier, mostly due to space!
Omg, Star Wars linen! Awesome :-)
ReplyDeleteNew Zoe and April look great too. What do you use for painting lips?
That Star Wars Linen was a really great find. I haven't seen more of it since I bought it last.
DeleteFor the lips, I'm a huge fan of the nude lip colour which is close to skintone but with a touch of colour to differentiate it from the skin.
For the lips on my dolls, I wipe the default, seal it, let the sealer dry and then gently brush on either acrylic paint, diluted to the shade I want or pastels then seal it with a sealer to keep it protected.
I mean dolls' lips of course :-) Thank you for the answer. I am going to repaint some dolls' lips but I have to buy a sealer first.
ReplyDelete