Saturday, 26 August 2017

A Lovely Shade of Red

Earlier in the week, hubby had found a doll house that I could possibly refurbish from a local op shop but he didn't know if it was something I would want so he took a photo. We went there today but sadly the doll house had been sold. I didn't leave empty handed though. I decided to check out the toy section on the off chance there was something I could use and I found a bunch of stuff (some Barbie furniture that I am going to refurbish) and to my surprise, one of the early I think 2013 Fashionista dolls that I had been looking at on E-bay for a few months. I hadn't decided if I was going to get her (hence the procrastination). But there she was for $5.00. She wasn't in her original outfit but came in what looked like a homemade dress which was really lovely (I didn't take a photo of the dress as it's hanging out on the line after a good wash) and she had been played with  a bit so was in used condition.

After wiping her down with some alcohol, a soapy warm water bath and washing out her hair and doing a partial repaint on her face, she was finally done. (Her lips were a nightmare and took me about six repaints to get right! This is why I try to avoid repainting Barbies with teeth.)





I actually remembered to take a Before photo this time around. This is fresh out of the plastic bag she came in straight from the op shop. The only thing I had done here was take her out of her dress and gave the dress a good wash. She had some weird gunk on her forehead (maybe glue). I managed to get rid of that fairly easily.

I added a brighter white to her eyes to make them pop. Added some soft subtle blushing around her cheeks, chin, nose and forehead and of course, re-did her lips.


She's been re-dressed. I opted for a rock chic style for her. I've decided to call her Shade. She's going to be Syn's competition in the Punk Rock Idol scene. The two used to be friends, in fact, along with Syn's younger sister, Kelsey, they were all in a band together, "The Morrigan" before Syn was scouted and went solo. The band broke up, Kelsey went back to doing gigs at the local pubs and Shade joined "Hex" as their lead singer.






Finishing off with her famous selfie.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great find and wonderful makeover Alasse. Shade certainly looks right for the part as a lead vocalist in a band. I think she's got a wee bit of attitude too. :)
    Hope you're enjoying your weekend.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xanadu. I was really surprised when I saw her. Lucky hubby was the one who found her beneath a huge pile of other toys. He pulled her out for me to have a look at because of her articulation and he knows I look for articulated bodies. I really enjoyed doing her partial repaint although those lips were so frustrating!
      Hope you had a good weekend too! I kind of wish weekends were much much longer!

      Delete
  2. She is so beautiful and you did a good work refreshing her and her face is so much better now! She will fit well in the band! Congrats to a great find!
    And happy new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am finding that I am really enjoying revamping these dolls. They all seem to have pretty neutral lips but I love that colour.

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. I think you did an amazing work on this girl, she looks better than new! Too bad about the house, but at least now your husband knows that you are interested so next time around you will definitely get one :D
    Hope you have a great week~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. I am finding that I really enjoy 'rescue' projects although they don't always work out (the Bratz doll I also purchased I couldn't save so the head is now one of my experimental heads.) I always get excited when I find a good doll at the op shops because the ones here where I live are pretty sad and don't have a lot of stuff that isn't "junk". They have better ones in the bigger cities though. Up here in the regional state, we don't get a heck of a lot.
      Great bargains on doll houses don't come up often at all but fingers crossed!
      Enjoy your week! Hope it brings lots of smiles for you!

      Delete