Thursday, 31 August 2017

Silkstone FMC Generations of Dreams

There were two things I wanted. The blonde version of Classic Black Dress Silkstone Barbie (Brunette) and the dress (but not the doll) from Barbie 50th Anniversary Generations of Dreams. The blonde version of Classic Black Dress was the original articulated released Barbie for the FMC line. She was released in 2016 and had a more subtle and soft face screening compared to the newer Brunette version. She's also sold out everywhere as the Brunette version replaced her.

When she came up on E-bay dressed in the 50th Anniversary Generations of Dreams gown instead of her black dress (that I have from the Brunette version anyway) I snapped her up. Plus the seller was in the same state as me so shipping only took 4 days to get to me. I waited all day for her to get here today and when she finally came, I was not disappointed.




This dress is just gorgeous. I love the design and all the pictures of Barbie splashed across her skirt. The outfit consists of the bodice and the full skirt.


Even the back has pictures. See the doll pictured at the bottom of the dress in the blue striped dress? She's the Barbie Reproduction Suburban Shopper that I am still trying to find. She'll complete my Vintage group nicely. Hopefully, she shows up for a reasonable price.


Ack, I love side glancing eyes. She's the twin version of Brunette but softer.


Just for fun, I wanted to see how she would look re-dressed. She looks quite lovely. Although I will be displaying her in the Generations of Dreams dress.


And the set I photographed her in. I think she might be a fan of pink. Don't you agree?

I really love this doll so much. I did notice, these articulated FMC dolls are not quite as heavy as the FMC dolls on the original Silkstone body. They're still heavier than Barbie just not as heavy as the original Silkstone dolls.

In the spirit of artistic expression, I wanted to share this sweet short film with you that I watched on Youtube recently: Lila

Have a legendary weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Although not a big fan of Barbie, I really like her face Alasse, she has quite an air about her. The eye make up is really right out of the sixties and her gown is lovely. Congratulations on finding and satisfying your need. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what drew me to this one, that sixties feel make up. I really adore it. I never used to be a fan of Barbie either but for some reason, my tastes have changed in the past few years. I have no idea why or exactly when, it just kind of happened! And thanks! I feel really lucky with this one.

      Delete
  2. She's stunning!! What I love the most is the dress, what a lucky find that you were able to get both the doll you wanted and the dress you wanted at the same time! Hope you can get the suburban shopper as well :D Congratulations on getting this one though, she looks great in that pink diorama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. That dress is just stunning. The design is breathtaking and is what drew me to the dress even though I don't like the Barbie that the dress was originally on. I do feel like the stars seem to be aligning for me lately! Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, even if do not collect Barbies and are happy with the two I have (at the moment, I might add, just for safety - haha!), I would not mind having this one too - she is such a beauty. I really do love the dress, it is so different and at there is nothing that takes over and makes it too much. And she looks even pretty in other clothes and her face with those eyes are just perfect. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I will buy much more Silkstone Barbie. I might have room for at least one more but I think it would have to be the articulated ones. I love the original Silkstone body but they are insanely hard to pose and work mostly as display dolls. And you know how much I like to take photos and pose my dolls!

      Delete