Window shopping when you are feeling stressed is never a good idea because you end up buying a doll (at least in my case). When Pastel Edge Momoko first came out, I was pretty adamant that I didn't really like her that much but the more I looked at her, the more I liked her.
Last week, I decided to bite the bullet and just get her. Unfortunately she was sold out at Hobbysearch so I looked on AmiAmi and ended up getting her from there.
She's pretty incredible in person. I love her outfit quite a bit. It adds to her softness I feel. I've named her Synestra. She likes gardening quite a bit. I didn't bother taking a photo of her box as it's pretty much the same as all my other Momoko boxes.
I honestly did not like her face screening initially when she was first announced but I've come to really love it. She's one of those dolls that I feel looks way better in person than in promo shots. I'm actually surprised she wasn't more popular as most Momoko dolls with different hair colours tend to go fast.
My current Momoko collection. I also have Retro Mermaid on order so she will probably come home at the end of this month if her release date is not delayed.
When I took this photo and had them set up like this, I kept thinking this group shot looked like it would be from "Madame ______'s School for Young Girls" or something like that!
I have a heap of photos still to post over the coming weeks:
* Poppy Popster Box Opening
* Misty Hollow Poppy Box Opening (she shipped today!)
* New Zoe's tour of the craft room
* BJD Photoshoots: Josef, Deirdre and Illyana.
Also on the craft table:
* The Greenhouse Set
* A City Apartment Set
* Hunger Games Peeta makeover/clothing
* Neviah's Outfit
* Turning MH Rochelle Goyle into the Weeping Angel from Dr. Who
What's on your craft table?





Congrats!! I agre, she looks way better than in the promos, ehr face is really nice!! But more than this, what excited me A LOT is that you got the retro mermaid one, I can't wait to see!!! I really liked her in the promo shots.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could eb more like you, and have my projects and the excitement to do them atm, but I'll get there again, everything sounds promising!
Of course I had to get Retro Mermaid, I mean red hair, freckles, she really had me at the red hair though and the retro style! I can't wait for her to arrive but she won't be released until later this month so I most likely won't get her until early next month (I have my orders on monthly shipments).
DeletePastel Edge really surprised me as I didn't really pay much attention to her initially. But now I am finding she's probably going to be my crazy cat lady!
Oh congratulations Alasse, she is worth the splurge. Love the colour of her hair, it's really pretty. And don't worry about the box, if you've seen one, you've seen them all and let's face it when it comes to the crunch it's the doll we really want to see. :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you have a busy time ahead of you with what you have planned.
Hugs,
X
Yep definitely worth the splurge and I really needed that splurge. It's been an absolute horror of a year so far.
DeleteI like to have working projects on the go, keeps me out of mischief.
Omg you got the pastel girl! x3 she's so pretty~~ I'm happy that you got her, and she complements your Momoko family so well too~
ReplyDeleteShe is very pretty in person, a lot more so than in photos I feel. I do agree, it was time to get a bit of wild colour in that family!
DeleteCongrats, she is adorable! I do like her clothes and the hair color she has! And I agree with Irene, she complements your Momoko family!
ReplyDeleteShe is a different sort of doll I think and I do love how soft she looks.
Delete