Sunday, 1 October 2017

Minty Fresh

How is it October already? I have no idea where September has gone other than I've had to work for a lot of it hence the blog silence. Working extra shifts means very little time for my hobbies which always makes me a little sad and grumpy.

Today, I managed to take some photos, redress some dolls. I ran out of time and didn't get a chance to work on more furniture for Ivy's Floral Shop which I haven't forgotten about. I've been walking past the half finished diorama and sighing a lot because of lack of time. It's frustrating when you want to do something but life just doesn't allow it. I need a mug that says I can't adult today. I can only doll.


Moving on ... during my absence from the blog, I received a few new dolls, one doll I actually received a while ago and kept meaning to post photos of her but never got around to it.



She's the Misty Hollows Poppy Parker. I did take photos on the day she arrived but sadly a lot of those didn't quite turn out so I had to bin them and took a few extras today of her re-dressed. This first shot of her is straight out of her box and on the cool stand that seems to be marking the 2017 Poppy line. Not really a fan of the dress.


She does look a bit greyish in some lights because apparently this is common with this particular skin tone. It doesn't bother me that much. I really love her face and hair. I have since removed the bow. I don't know why those integrity rings are so huge! It looks kinda weird and oversized for the delicate small fingers.


This one was an unexpected purchase from E-bay. The same seller I have bought quite a few dolls from now. I really loved her face screening and hair colour. I had to do a bit of research to find out which Poppy Parker this one was but it turns out she was the Dark Moon Poppy Parker from the 2014 Gloss Convention. I believe she was a limited run of 500 worldwide and I think she could only be purchased at the convention. I purchased her nude without her clothing or accessories but that's okay. I wasn't fussed on her default outfit anyway.


I love how dramatic her face screening is coupled with the softness of that pale blonde hair. I will need to take a group Poppy photo soon. Maybe after British Invasion arrives which at the moment I have no idea when. There's been no notice yet of when they are expected to ship out. It could be a while!


Last but not least of the new faces is Retro Maiden Momoko. I've been checking constantly at HS for her so when I saw her pre-order open, I had her in the cart before you could say, "Momoko". This was one girl I was not going to miss out on! And she was worth it.

You all know how much I adore red-headed dolls and freckles and retro fashion. Her eyes weren't green or blue but that wasn't a deal breaker for me. She already had three out of my four favourite things to see on a doll. 

I adore the retro inspired swimsuit. It's gorgeous. Love everything about her. Love the vibrant colour of her hair and love her cute little hat, bag and shoes.



After a bit of a swim in the ocean, she's looking quite fresh and cooled down.


Of course, she can't finish the day without a selfie.

Not sure on her name yet. It'll come to me.

Until next time, stay young at heart!

4 comments:

  1. I am amazed by how fast time really goes by. It feels like it was not so long ago I was at the cottage enjoying my summer vacation and now I am searching for warm socks and some mittens.

    I know the feeling, so much fun to do, so little time. And a mug with that saying would be just perfect to have. It would be in plain sight all the time.

    Congrats! Wow, Misty Hollows Poppy Parker is a beauty. I really do like her face, hair (different to the brown, blonde and red tones) and the clothes she has. The other two are beautiful too - I saw the Momoko doll while I was ”window shopping” on the net.

    Enjoy the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really adore the screening and colour theme they took with Misty Hollows Poppy. I heard it was very similar to Out of This World Poppy, one of the ones I really wanted but missed out on as she was only available through the official dealers and of course, she sold out within minutes. On the second hand market, she's very expensive and normally goes for double or triple her retail price.

      Hope you are having a good weekend. I wish mine didn't involve having to run around everywhere again (fourth day in a row!)

      Delete
  2. Hi Alasse,
    The whole year has passed by so quickly I do wish it wasn't in such a hurry to get to where it's going. :)

    Love all the new arrivals, but I have to admit your Misty Hollows Poppy Parker is the absolute picture of elegance . . . she could be a Dior model! I think she maybe thinking she's being a little Liz Taylorish wearing that ring. LOL!

    The colour of the little Momoko's hair is gorgeous, but as you know I have a thing for red haired dolls. I really love the two tones though, it's quite different and a refreshing change from the normal hair colours.

    We are nearing the weekend again, so have a good one!
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we also feel it more the older we get? I know lately I mark how fast the time flies more than I did when I was younger.

      I'm pretty happy with all the new girls. I know I really need to stop collecting more dolls after this year and take a break from the acquisition side of it for the next couple of years so I need to get the ones I really want before the end of 2017.

      I'm just feeling rather thankful Misty Hollows Poppy was a club exclusive pre-order which meant everyone could get her. I never bother if the dolls are only available through the dealers because I know by the time I can look at the site, the dolls are sold out as the pre-orders open up while we're asleep in this timezone. And I'm not going to stay up until some ridiculous hour just for a doll. I'm of the mind that if the universe wanted me to have it, it'd be available when I looked!

      Have a good one too! Weekends go too fast!

      Delete