Wednesday, 28 March 2018

Dollmore Glamour Eve Kori White

This was an impulse buy. I happened to be browsing and I saw this head come up for auction. I managed to get her for a great price. I don't know what it was about her that really grabbed my attention but I knew I really wanted her.


This girl is my first Dollmore doll, even though she's only just a head. I put her on my Souldoll body as her original body seemed to be similar in height and she fits quite nicely on it plus the resin match is almost perfect. Her head does kind of just sit on top of the neck and you can see the neck if you tilt her head to the side and if she wasn't wearing a wig (lucky then that she is!). But it's not a deal breaker. You can get away with it if you watch your angles. But that's just half the fun of hybriding to me.



This was early this morning after I picked her up from the post office before I headed out to work. I took the photo with my phone camera. This is how she originally came. I wasn't expecting the eyes so I was surprised. She came with dark blue acrylic eyes. I changed her eyes to green but not sure if she'll keep the colour or not. She has one of those eyewells that don't sit a lot of the glass eyes I have too well.



A couple of extra photos of her. Even though this Souldoll body really needs new strings (Waiting on them to arrive from Luts), she still falls into some of the most natural poses, it's really surprising how well she poses even when loose. And I'm not one to like re-stringing a lot but with her, I actually really enjoyed stringing this body.


A close up of her face. You can't really see it too well here (I will try to get a photo outside in natural light) but the blushing under her eyes has a slight sheen to it which looks really amazing. (She's got the default face up from Dollmore).

The head itself is quite solid. It has nice thick resin and has a bit of weight to it (for a head). I really like their resin a lot. I might just have to save for a full Dollmore doll.

I have no idea what character she is yet. She kinda just landed in my lap so she's as much a mystery to me as to you at this point in time. I am calling her Kori until I figure out a name for her. It'll come to me.

Have a really great Easter everyone! I'm still going to be working pretty much full time for a few more weeks so dolly time will be limited for a bit.

6 comments:

  1. A spontaneous purchase, haha, I know something about it. ^^
    But life should be made up of small (or bigger) pleasures.
    Congratulations on your new doll then. She's really lovely and she's got a nice delicate faceup. I wonder how she would look like with golden or amber eyes.
    I hope you don't have to work overtime. Have a pleasant weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. We should grab the little moments of joy where we can.

      Thank you! It's like you read my mind. I have a Mako Eyes in amber (at least I think it's amber) that I have yet to try on her. I think it might go better with the wig too.

      I don't have to work overtime. I'm normally a part-timer but these past weeks I've had to take on full-time hours so that leaves a little less free time than I am used to. But it's only for another couple of weeks and then I go back to my part-time hours. Can't wait already!

      Enjoy your weekend! Have a good Easter!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love her Alasse, such a gorgeous face, I can see why you couldn't resist this one. :) The only Dollmore I have is my Narsha Zihu and the resin is really smooth.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just something incredibly arresting about her face, the shape of the sculpt combined with the face up is just perfect. I am kind of glad I don't have her on her original body as I had a look at it and it's way too busty for me.

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty face and those Dollmore dolls - head and body, can be so smooth and beautiful.
    I can understand that you fell for this head, there is something special with it!
    And re-stringing really scares me. o_O
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re-stringing used to scare me but I find it pretty relaxing now. Although, the only dolls I still won't restring are the Fairyland ones. They are a little less straight forward. Maybe one day I will try.

      Her face is definitely quite interesting. I am really glad I got her!

      Delete