Sunday, 15 April 2018

Am I Not Pretty Enough?

Random photoshoot of the 1:6 scale fashion dolls. I get so little free time recently that when I do get some, I like to make the most of it!

Track: Am I Not Pretty Enough - Kasey Chambers








Synestra models a new small corner room diorama that I worked on today. It's a small apartment in the city. I just need to add some curtains and furniture to make it look less empty.

I plan to make a diorama post at some stage that provides some links to how I make my dioramas. I'll be shortly trying my hand at making a diorama inside one of those hollow books. I'll attempt to make all the furniture and props myself. Not sure how that will work out!

13 comments:

  1. I like that your every doll has its own personality.
    And the clothes are awesome! So realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Barbie line tends to wear a lot of Barbie made clothing which has really improved over the years. The Integrity clothing is always pretty good quality and realistic which I love but I guess that is why their pricing is so high.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful dolls, and they are all dressed so nice! It will be very interesting to see how you make your dioramas! I'm completing a diorama for my first ever doll story, and the window is giving me a headache lol! I really like yours, and the brick wall :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making dioramas. I just love all things small! The window on mine is really easy. I just painted some balsa wood for the frame and stuck it around a photo which has one of those doll box clear plastic over the top of it to give the illusion of glass. I followed some tutorials at MyFroggyStuff (I will provide links when I post the diorama post).

      Delete
    2. The clear plastic is a great idea! It looks really good!

      Delete
  3. So happy to see your 1/6 dolls, they are as stunning as always~ Haven't been checking blogs lately, need to start with that again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like their size and weight for photography. I just wish more of them could stand solidly.

      I sometimes fall behind on blogs myself.

      Delete
  4. Well I obviously have been out of it to miss this post! Sorry Alasse, though I must say I had a little giggle...I'm glad you had time to photograph these dolls (see while the cat's away does work). Looking forward to seeing the diorama tutorial.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun photographing the 1/6 dolls. They're just such an easy size and weight to work with when it comes to makeshift dioramas!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos and dolls! Look forward to seeing the post(s) about the diorama. Maybe I get some inspiration too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to call it the Cheater's diorama :-) Simple ways of enhancing doll photos without spending a lot of money.

      Delete
  6. Okay I am in love with your Fashion dolls <3
    They look beautiful in you Diorama, so life like! You display your dolls beautifully in your photography. Alo I would love to see some Diorama tutorials! That would be really interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fashion dolls because they are so easy to make dioramas for and photograph because of their smaller size and their lighter weight. I am hoping to get the tutorials up soon.

      Delete