Thursday, 5 April 2018

Lashing Out

My first attempt at putting on eyelashes on my Impldoll girls ended in a bit of woe. Long story short, I removed them last night. I had no problems removing them from my Impldoll Christopher without damaging the paint on the underside of the eyes. However, I decided the eyelashes I got with them just weren't very good so after a bit of hunting around, I found some old Dollmore Eyelashes I had in my stash. 

This is my second attempt at eyelashes on Impldoll Christopher. I am much happier with these and I really love how they flare up at the ends. I think also they seem a better quality than the one that came with her. They were thin and fine.






Removing the lashes from my Impldoll Gela was a different story. It actually peeled off some of the paint on the underside of the lids. Lucky for me, I had acrylic paint and sealers here because of the face up practice I do on my vinyl heads. So it was a simple matter of painting over the parts that were damaged and then sealing them.


I will still need to add lashes to her but I think I will have to find something thin and fine because she has such a small face.

Before my second eyelash attempt, I did take some quick snaps of Impldoll Christopher without the lashes on. These were taken at night which is always a pain for me as artificial light I find is hard to work with.




Their eyewells are a bit weird so the new eyes I ordered for them don't really fit well. It's a bit annoying really. I've also ordered a new outfit for Christopher which I hope will arrive next week. It's more in line with the character I have designed for her as the Queen of the Dark Court.

Hope everyone is having a great start to April. Once again, time is speeding past.

8 comments:

  1. The eyelashes look very good, and are in harmony with the face shape and the ears - lovely!!! I look forward to seeing the new outfit :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really like these new lashes and am glad my second attempt was at least successful I'd hate to have to try a third time!

      Delete
  2. Haha, I'm too lazy to try applying eyelashes on my dolls. But you did a great job. Your Celtic lady looks gorgeous. And the tiara gives her a majestic look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I find with this sculpt in particular as the face can work for either male or female, I noticed the lashes make a huge difference to the face particularly if I want this sculpt as a female. I still need to make one or maybe I'll add to this one which was an old bracelet I found that I never wore. I didn't even know I had it!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful job Alasse! Christopher needs to be called by her character's name, it's very confusing for an old chic like me trying to stop from seeing her as a guy in drag. LOL!

    Ivy's eye socket would probably be very similar to Gela's so let me know when you find eyelashes that suit. I have found they are either too short or too long, I haven't found a good middle ground when it comes to eyelashes, so I hope you have better luck. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! LOL, I have to admit, without the lashes, I have a hard time seeing the sculpt as a female but with the lashes, I can totally see her as a female. Isn't that strange? A small thing like eyelashes can totally change a sculpt's look.

      I'll definitely let you know if I can find any for Gela. I'm looking for something fine rather than thick so fingers crossed!

      Delete
  4. Oh, eye lashes. It is a nightmare, but those lashes look just great. Really like the flare...wanted to write whip...on the sides. Sometimes I just want to skip the lash part, but it gives a lot to the the face up. So I deal with the nightmare. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how much of a difference eye lashes make isn't it? I love them on my dolls. I'm okay if the male dolls don't have them but I definitely love my female dolls to have them.

      Delete