Sunday, 8 April 2018

Doll House Display

I've been having so much fun with my bjds that I've kind of neglected some of my other doll lines lately so I decided today was the day I would finish the interior refurbishment of the Barbie Doll House hubby got me for Christmas. I'm not sure if I'll do the exterior yet as it's not too bad and wasn't as cartoony as the interior.


Shade will be our tour guide. She's totally digging the new hang out.



This was the doll house prior to the changes I made.


This is the same dollhouse after I replaced the wallpapers with scrapbook paper. I also changed some of the floors and also added scrapbook paper to the ceilings. I wanted to primarily refurbish this so I could have a place to display the dolls and have it actually look like a room.


My favourite balcony complete with potted plants. Cleo is enjoying her lunch whilst enjoying the view. I haven't refurbished the exterior yet. I do want to add some ivy and plants on the exterior walls.


One of my favourite rooms is the attic. Giselle and Zoe are hanging out there at the moment playing a multiplayer online game (probably Warcraft). The two girls are mad gamers and music lovers.


One of the newest additions. I found her by sheer luck at a huge discount at one of the local toy stores. She hasn't got a name yet. She was on a fashionista curvy body but I put her head on a curvy Made to Move body I picked up a while ago.

I'm really happy I managed to finish this today as it was one of the bigger projects with lots of fiddly parts to it that I started ages ago and never got around to finishing. On to the next project ...

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing dollhouse! I love all the changes you've made. Now it looks like a stylish loft. And all the miniatures are fantastic, and very realistic. I'm really impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a lot of fun if a little frustrating at times but it's nice to have something that is a bit more updated and in line with the style I prefer. I love minitures. I have a lot of them. There's even a small tarot set on that bookshelf I picked up on Etsy. Perfect for the 12" dolls.

      Delete
  2. This looks so very cool, what a transformation! Fantastic make-over!!! All the details, modern decors and fabulous dolls make this house come to life :-). Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a lot of fun making the changes I wanted. I liked that I had a base to work off and didn't end up having to build the entire thing myself. And the dolls fit wonderfully in this house to display. It actually looks like you're peeking into their lives.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that looks so great! Amazing, well done!
    Recognize some flower pots! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoyed doing this including the brick work! Thought you might recognise some of those! They fit perfectly in with this size.

      Delete