Thursday, 10 May 2018

Power Play

So what to do when the power gets turned off for a few hours for routine maintenance? My camera works on batteries and my dolls don't need power to function and it's daylight so ... random spots of photo taking of course!


Good Morning Belarus. 


From the Barbie doll house ...


Delilah enjoys a little spot of morning sunshine. If you are new to this Barbie, she's one of the Barbie Look Style dolls from memory, Sweet Tea to be exact. In my world, she is a Domestic Goddess literally brought to life from the pages of an old 1950s Home magazine by Zoe and Giselle. Obviously Zoe uses her as her own personal house maid. Who wouldn't.


Zoe with Giselle in the background. These two besties love hanging out in the attic. It's probably the only place they can get away from the rest of the Barbie House residents.


One of my bigger make-over dolls. I made her into a local Cheesemaker's daughter. Her name is Mahalia. She lives with her mother on the edge of town. Their small cottage backs onto the local woods, aptly named The Whispering Woods because when the wind blows through the trees, it sounds like whispering.

Mahalia spends a lot of time there. When she was seven, she wandered into the woods and disappeared for three days. When she returned, she was perfectly fine, at least physically. But she was much changed by those mysterious three days. Town folk say she is a little strange, sometimes talking to herself. She continues to disappear into the woods where she collects wild flowers. Some folk have seen her speaking with the wood animals. She has absolutely no memory of those three days that she vanished.


I have already mentioned Lucian, my little Merchant of Lies. What I failed to mention is that he is part immortal / part-fae and he has a mortal sister. He deals in lies, deception and works in the shadows. He is also the puppet master behind The Red Hand, a notorious gang of thieves highly skilled and much sought after.

This doll has been a pain to find the perfect wig for but then I put red on him and I love it. 


Evelyn (Eve) got a major make-over. A new wig, style and glasses. Gone was the weak, ill ridden girl, instead, I've made her a globe trotting archaeologist intent on finding out more about the Immortals (aka The Children of Elvandris). She's also very wealthy, sole heir to her family's fortune inherited when she was only sixteen, two years after the ship her parents were on disappeared into the Bermuda Triangle and they were officially declared dead.


Belarus being coy. Of course I had to take another photo of him. He certainly enjoys his creature comforts and lives in a modern mansion. He has several servants to take care of the place. He isn't exactly the type to do his own cleaning or cooking.

Belarus stood before the paneled mirrors admiring his own physique. It was where Lucien found him.
"You never change." Lucien drawled watching him from the entrance.
"It is an exceptionally fine body isn't it? And such a beautiful face. Unmarred. Perfect."
"Nothing but the best for you Bel." 
"What do you want Lucien? You don't usually pay me a visit and the stench of your half-blood is making me ill."
Lucien hid his scowl and counted to ten. He couldn't afford to put Belarus off side, not when he needed the man's help. 
"You captured one of my agents. I need him back."
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"Aldaren Mort. Think a bit harder. I'm sure you'll remember if you tried."
"Doesn't ring a bell. I capture a lot of people. If I remembered every single one, I'd have no room left to think of other things. Now go. I'm tired and you know how I get when I'm tired."
Lucien held up his hands. "Okay. I'll leave for now. But I'll be back for what's mine."
He turned and walked out observing every entrance and exit of the mansion as he went. One way or another, he'd get what he wanted even if that meant breaking the rules.

So I'm feeling like Lucien just doesn't play well with the other immortals. This kind of wrote itself as I had no idea where it was going. I hadn't even established beforehand that these two might not have had a good relationship with each other. Amazing what you discover. Then again, Lucien's voice is quite strong at the moment. I can hear him pretty clearly.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

6 comments:

  1. That was an interesting conversation. :) Seems that although Lucien and Belarus don't get along, they have to deal with each other. Perhaps Lucien will try to trick Belarus in order to get what he wants. :)
    And Sweet Tea Barbie is one of my favourite but she's not in my possession yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never certain what Lucien will do. He's a bit of a loose cannon what with all that wild fae blood running in his veins and all. At least that's what he would say!

      Sweet Tea Barbie is really lovely. She's got one of the nicest faces I've seen Mattel do so far. I hope you will eventually be able to add her to your collection.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos, thanks to the turning off of the power :-). Delilah looks lovely, the outfit and hair band really suit her. the story of Mahalia is very intriguing, I wonder what happened to her in the time she disappeared! The conversation is great and promising, I love the way Belarus talks :-)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the retro style so was going with a similar theme for Delilah. I would like to know what happened to Mahalia too! She hasn't yet revealed that to me but I have my suspicions.

      Belarus is definitely fun to write for just because he really doesn't care what he says to people. The man has no filter.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes there is a good thing with powers off. :) Wonderful photos and I wonder what Mahalia experienced in the woods.
    Delilah looks like she is having a nice time in the little spot of sunshine.
    I can almost feel the tension between Lucien and Belarus. It is very interesting and I wonder what rules he will break!
    Enjoy the weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to post about Mahalia's experiences but I want to take some photos outdoors for that seeing as she spends a lot of time outside.

      Lucien and Belarus are prickly with each other but it's even worse with Malek so we've yet to see that!

      Delete