In the meantime, I was able to get out in the yard today and snap some photos. Let's start with our Lady of Shadows first.
Amaryll deep in thought about the state of affairs in her Shadow Court. This grey skin looks gorgeous in natural lighting.
In her private garden, she contemplates the future of the Shadow Court and its members.
The full length outfit she wears. It is designed for the new Star SGB body so this dress is a bit big on her. I have no idea how to alter this but I am thinking maybe I can make an underbust corset to help.
"You will have the power you desire to destroy your enemies. Inhale this essence and what you ask of me will be granted."
The man took a single step forward, eager and ready. Amaryll held up a hand to stop him.
"Know this, once you have taken this into your body, there will be no turning back. The payment I will ask of you will be far greater than you imagine. Are you still willing?"
"I am." his eyes fixed on the strange glowing smoke held in her slender hand.
"Then say the words of ritual."
"My life is yours Lady Amaryll, unto death calls me."
She smiled down at the man and for a moment, he hesitated but it was too late. The words had been uttered. Black tendrils of power wrapped around his right wrist binding him to the deal he had made.
"Take your reward." she held out her hand towards him and watched the wisps of essence flow eagerly into the man's mouth. He collapsed to the ground, convulsing violently, screams of pain tore from his throat.
Amaryll watched on, silent and unmoving. The man's fate was sealed for all the good it would do him.
****************
Now for our Lady of Light. A Galadriel figure I received a few weeks ago. The sculpting on this figure is amazing and the face resembles the character from the movies very well.
Here is the Mirror of Galadriel. I have brought you here so that you may look into it, if you will. Remember that the Mirror shows many things, and not all have yet come to pass. Some never come to be, unless those that behold the visions turn aside from their path to prevent them. The Mirror is a dangerous guide of deeds.
~ The Lord of the Rings : Fellowship of the Ring






Amaryll's dress is beautiful, I love the skirt part! Great photos as well! If I were that man, I would be afraid for the moment she comes for her payment :-). Great conversation.
ReplyDeleteThe Galadriel figure is beautifully made, her face is stunning!
I really love this dress. I just wish Impldoll would make more nice medieval-esque style dresses for their other doll sizes rather than just for their new Star bodies!
DeleteAmaryll is a beauty and the dress is perfect for her - does not show at all that it is too big. But poor man, such an awful destiny. o_O
ReplyDeleteThe Galadriel figure is amazing!
A bargain with any of the Shadow Court members can be super dicey! And usually quite painful.
DeleteI was really happy about the figure. I picked her up for a great deal. And she was unopened!
How about some darts to adjust the dress? Poor Geraint, does it mean he's going to be a floating head forever? :)
ReplyDeleteThat was a great story! I wonder if that man becomes Amaryll's servant in exchange for the magical power.
I was thinking of maybe trying to dart the back of her dress.
DeleteGeraint shares the Soom body but I really love my Belarus on it more often than not so poor Geraint makes appearances on special occasions only. He never stays on the body for long at all.
Amaryll's servant is the right term. Although, not exactly in his human form!
Hi Alasse,
ReplyDeleteI love that outfit on Lady Amaryll, and it doesn't look too big in the photos, but try turning it inside out and putting it back on, then pin or tack it where it needs taking in, then you'll know where to make the final adjustment.
Not so sure about this figure, she looks quite masculine to me, especially those hands.
Big hugs,
X
Thanks for the tip on the dress. Do I dart the inside of it that way? I am a bit nervous as I don't want to ruin the fabric! It's just so nice.
DeleteI call them Frodo hands. I did notice that too. I don't know why they kind of dropped the ball on that as the rest of her to me is delicate looking. If you think the Galadriel figure is masculine, you should see the Eowyn ones. Wowsers. It's why I didn't buy any of those!