I had a surprise today. Despite the tracking saying my parcel was still in Sydney customs, the mailman turned up at my house with a big long parcel that had Resinsoul on it. I haven't been so excited to receive a doll in a while.
WARNING: Doll nudity ahead although I blanked out the offending bits just in case.
My first Resinsoul COA. Between 2010-2013, I actually owed several Resinsoul dolls, five to be exact and only two of those were second-hand. Back then, the company never sent out COAs with their dolls so it's nice to see this is something they are doing now. On the inside is the sculpt name, the gender, the skin colour, the height and weight, the place of origin, the birth date and ID. I am assuming the birth date (in this case, 25th June 2018) was when they completed the casting of all her pieces and put her together. Then she spent two weeks being sanded and given a custom face up. It's only a small detail but it's pretty darn neat.
And the company's customer service has not nose dived at all. They still have one of the best customer service experience I have come across in bjd land alongside Impldoll. They are listed as one of the more affordable companies which I think is great particularly for people new to the hobby. Their doll bodies do need a bit of hands on work (restringing/sueding) to get the most out of them but I think that's a good introduction to owner bsaed 'light' customisation of these dolls.
I asked the company to pack the hands separately and not on the body as I had heard of people getting broken fingers. They also blushed the hands for me for no fee. I love the natural subtle vibe of the blush work.
Seated on her very comfy cushion. I adore the lankiness of this body. She is in the light tan resin which is a nice coffee colour. She does need a good restring as the string used in her is 3mm by the looks of it which is the size I use for my MSDs. For SDs I use 4-4.5mm string. The thickness I find, particularly with these dolls helps with the stability and sueding reinforces it. Right now, her knees buckle easily and she is kicky. She has trouble holding a standing pose for long but she is also a bit loose, not overly loose but a little more than I prefer for my dolls. Plus the knots are in her head which I do not like so I would restring anyway because of that.
Of course I will need to add eyelashes to her but this is a custom face up request I made to Resinsoul. Their standard face up is $10 USD and their customs range from $20-30 USD depending on complexity. Mine only cost $20 USD. I think they did a wonderful job and their eyebrows are pretty amazing. You can't see it in this photo but there are fine hair strokes in there. She also came with those acrylic gold coloured eyes.
Wearing a temporary wig as this 9-10inch one is way too large for her. I'm not sure I want her with a fringe anyway. Her eyes were also temporary but I'm starting to feel they might actually suit her.
I love this pose as it really shows how beautiful the hand sculpt is. Hands to me are everything. I will refuse to buy a doll simply because I don't like the hands. Although I'm probably way harsher on female hands than male hands.
This is a first peek at Jytia, my Lady of the Forest. She's definitely going to have a medieval style theme to her. I'm still undecided whether she will remain in a dress or be decked out more like a Huntress.
I did find one tiny little chip on the rim of her headcap but it doesn't impede the cap from closing securely so I'm not really bothered by it. It's only really small and I think that was because her headcap was detached somehow from her head and was knocking against her head, possibly during shipping. We all know how rough the postal service can be.
Overall, I am super pleased with her. She looks as I imagined and hoped she would. She does look a little angry but I prefer to say she's just a very stern sort of guardian. I'm looking forward to discovering what revelations this girl has yet to give me.







Congratulations on your new doll! ^^ I can see those tiny hair in her eyebrows. Really nice. I love the shape of her face. The hands are indeed beautiful. Yes, she would be a perfect huntress. :) What reminded me of an old game: http://www.vigerp.com/games/posts/view/5013 The characters had quite interesting outfits.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I was really happy with how her custom face up from Resinsoul turned out. Her body is amazing sculpting. I am really loving it. It just needs a little bit of tender loving care to get her where she needs to be. I am dreading the eyelash attachment seeing as my last one was so frustrating! The outfits from that old game look pretty neat.
DeleteWhat a beautiful lady! I agree this light coloured eyes suits her perfectly.
ReplyDeleteI can see her in the ethereal dress in dark colours of the forest with a bow in her hand and quiver on her back.
It will save me from having to hunt for new eyes! I really do fancy these ones on her. I'm still not sure on her outfit yet but I'll have to try and find a bow and arrows or try to make them!
DeleteOh, she's arrived! What a beauty! The face-up is beautiful, I love the eyebrows and the whole look. And the hands are indeed lovely and elegant. The hair style is perfect for her! Congratulations with this stunning doll!
ReplyDeleteI do like this hairstyle but it's so big on her even with a head cap so I think I will have to go smaller but try and keep the style. I like how it frames her face.
DeleteCongratulations Alasse! She's a lovely doll and those hands are gorgeous. I also have a thing about hands, they must be elegant or it puts me right off bringing a doll home. I think the eyes and the hair colouring is perfect for her with the strong colours of the face up and I can definitely see her as a huntress of the forest. :)
ReplyDeleteBig hugs,
X
I am really happy with her. I still need to do some work on her to bring her up to the level of the other dolls but I'm looking forward to doing it. Today was a bust for that sadly. Maybe tomorrow. It is amazing how expressive hands are isn't it?
DeleteCongratulations! I must say - this is probably the most beautiful Resinsoul doll that I've ever seen... She is stunning!
ReplyDeleteThis one was painted by Resinsoul, a custom request. They are doing a really great job with their face ups. Have you seen the face up on their newest girl, Ke? They've really improved a lot.
Delete